Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Melee Contest Winners Weapons?

Sormaran

Am i the only one who wonder why those weapons were not added when melee 2.0 came out(perfect occasion)? And since melee2.0 two and a half month gone... still nothing. Lol seriously?

edit: just realise how long it would be before community design emenies will be added......

Edit2: Just a reminder. 29th januray. Thats the date when melee contest winnes were announced. So hype down everyone who want riot moa and other 2 community emenies, wait for 2016.

Edited by Sormaran

Only 1 of 3 weapons coming in like a month with u14? Wow! Cheers. :/ almost half a year it would be, just wow. Another two in 2015 and 2016? And this awesome Riot Moa in 2017 i guess. But how great is Nami Solo and other more worth worknig on weapons huh?

Edited by Sormaran

what contest?

quite some time ago (a bit before U12 i think) there was a design-contest for melee-weapons, the 3 winners were to be implemented into the game

we still haven't seen one of them (i think it was a sword&shield, two tonfas and i forgot the last one)

Am i the only one who wonder why those weapons were not added when melee 2.0 came out(perfect occasion)? And since melee2.0 two and a half month gone... still nothing. Lol seriously?

edit: just realise how long it would be before community design emenies will be added......

Edit2: Just a reminder. 29th januray. Thats the date when melee contest winnes were announced. So hype down everyone who want riot moa and other 2 community emenies, wait for 2016.

If DE didn't have to bother with other things, I would understand raging to a certain extent about those community-driven melee weapons but that's not the case. Regardless of whether stuff like that get implemented ASAP or not, they still have a lot on their plates and I personally find myself in no position to be raging about it because there's no point in doing so. What I suggest you do is ignore it for the time being, when those items get implemented, use them to your heart's desire, if they don't come sooner than people want them to, we're not losing anything at all.

DE could not have done the contest at all, but decided to do so. I'm sorry but you sound like a privileged and entitled player (for whatever reason, I don't know). I suggest you do the same, hype down as well. Those weapons and succeeding community-concept enemies will get done when they're done.

I still can't believe Mireliac beat the DRILL FIST

I can't believe it either.

But yeah, new animations need time and all that. Plus, there was a time not so long ago when people complained (and rightfully so) about too many melee weapons being implemented over core mechanics (they still do to some extent). DE is not going to give priority to some melee weapons right now.

And speaking about the community ennemies, they're on the prototype stage. They need their own model and animation (will take time), proto-balancing, and I recon they'll start to roll out in a month and a half, maybe two, tops. Not a big deal really.

DE is not going to give priority to some melee weapons right now.

So? They add new melee constantly anyway. And sometimes its just lazywork just to add something like when they add Nami Solo...

I mean really, besides Bo Prime(coz prime), Prova Vandal(coz vandal) and Nikanas(new type), any of melee weapons that released past 29th of january worth more than community ones to working on?

Do we really need more melee weapons?

Good melee weapons - yes. Another sword, or brand new single Fang dagger - hell no.

Edited by Sormaran

I'd like to see more melee with... "Additional" functions. The Glaive/Kestrel, Sword and Board, and Bladed Tonfa are a step in the right direction. Or at the very least, the Bladed Tonfa are going to look fancy while doing the S#&$ that we get with other melee weapons...

-sigh- We could have had a pile-bunker, AND throwing Khukri... you really dropped the ball on that, community...

One thing you got to remember is that those weapons are entirely new and unique, where things like the nami solo are easy to implement because the models are made already, and it is a simple stance swap for the animations. The contest weapons have to be modeled and textured from scratch, given a brand new set of animations which includes multiple combos, have their stance mod made, figure out whether it's rare or not, and figure out what enemy will drop it.

If you think about it this way is pretty obvious why we haven't seen them yet.

Do we really need more melee weapons?

Yes, yes we do.  And the contest weapons were really cool.  We had Sword and Board which is amazing, and then there were those bladed tonfa things that looked awesome, and then the drill thingy was cool, but for it too work you would have to have custom wounds on the bad guys when you stab someone with it.