Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Reload Speed

Cwierz

I personally think that targetting with any gun in this game is relatively easy, so that point doesn't hold particuraly true for some people. However, what you need to consider now is the mods avaliable for each weapon to speed itself up-

Speed Trigger at 60%

Tactical Pump at 30%

In the end, the difference is quite large.

With bow you need to target with the dot because of the skinny arrow which creates a higher possibility of misses.

With a shotgun you just need to put the circle on the enemy and it will hit because of the spread.

How good or not you are doesnt change the fact that there are different targeting methods.

Speed Trigger mods rate of fire you know. The rifle reload mod you're looking for is Fast Hands...which gives a max increase of 30% - like Tactical Pump.

Firerate speeds the charge up which does mean that shooting goes faster and that does translate to an overall speed gain.

But, yes, if we are going by the actual mods it's the same.

This is just another reason why comparing them to bows doesnt work. Comparing shotguns with sniper rifles is best because everything basically lines up. 

are you a mother or something? i mean holy cow you can type so long to explain that your point is valid for a very short reply *you must be boring in the party... But im too lazy to read the whole article so yea... next time makes things shorter for us to read... this game is very easy to understands, and i have tried all the weapon and i understand all of the weapons mechanics so don't treat other player like they are dumb and needs you to teach them.. what i mean is simple. reduce the reload speed of the weapon and it will be very nice to use on every frame... *pls dun make another long reply man... 

So, for the hek of it, I'll divide this up.

Yeah, just an FYI;  Clearly no everyone knows everything.  Otherwise people wouldn't even ask the simple questions that get asked constantly.  Explanation of a topic helps to further understand things.  There are a ton of people who claim to know how things work, yet clearly they don't.  There are examples of just that thing which occurred within this very thread.  Everyone, without question, is fully capable of being wrong.  Going into detail is a proof of knowledge and understanding.

So, until I can be certain that every possible person who ever would be involved in a discussion would understand all of the mechanics in play, I can't just say things without a core reasoning behind it.  Otherwise my posts would be literally like this;

(No/Yes) to X because I said so.  The end.

A good discussion is more than 5 people each saying one sentence and moving along.  Talking of things, making comparisons, declaring reasonings behind an idea as well as what situations are potentially imposed by a change.  These sorts of things can't just be covered in one sentence.

Being descriptive of one's reasoning and thought is imperative to keep closed minded people from claiming "no reason" and having that claim be valid in any respect.

Anyways the Tigris is a good idea for a weapon in an odd place right now.  It's not some simple "fix it" thing that takes no thought like just doing one simple thing.

Just reducing the reload speed on the Tigris won't make it "very nice to use on every frame" at all.  Want a reason?  Too bad because you don't get one.

• 2 months later...

Come on DE if Doom guy can reload the weapon in one second why can not Tenno. I mean look at the Doom 2. He just says nope to reload time nearly.

This.

I used the Tigris, leveled it to 30 and threw it away. It's just not strong enough to justify that reload time. If you're not going to buff the reload speed, buff the power of this shotgun.

This.

I used the Tigris, leveled it to 30 and threw it away. It's just not strong enough to justify that reload time. If you're not going to buff the reload speed, buff the power of this shotgun.

The funny thing is that they've done this. Twice. And it's still not powerful enough to justify the reload speed. It also handles very awkwardly and has a questionably-low pellet count, which doesn't help its case. I'm thinking if they bumped up the base pellet count to 7 or something, it'd be much better off in the damage department.

Honestly, no amount of reload time tweaking is going to fix what ails the Tigris.

If the reload anim was tweaked so that two shells were loaded at once, then maybe a 1.5 sec reload wouldn't look so weird...but reload is the LEAST of the Tigris' woes. The Tigris' very real problems are simple: Two round clip, horribly low pellet count, and base damage which arguably makes it a questionable choice for crowd control and downing hefty opponents.

I agree with you there. Tigris would definitely be a more interesting and promising weapon if it's damage were more balanced and the pellet count were at least double what it is now.

You know, mentioning the Sybaris...I'm thinking...what about having Tigris fire two shots simultaneously as its only fire mode, with perhaps 12 pellets per shot and balanced physical damage and a nice bit of knockback as well?

I'd like the damage to be more balanced, but I'd also like it to still lean towards Slash for the gibs. They make the gun satisfying to use.

Knockback might be a bit much to ask for, though maybe it could only occur at very close ranges? It definitely needs more pellets, though. Or maybe the primary fire could discharge one barrel without the Duplex-Auto trigger, while alt fire would discharge both at the same time and cause knockback, with the tradeoff being a reload immediately afterward?

Edited by Noble_Cactus