Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wysiwyg Forum Woes.

LoopStricken

my apologies if this is a misleading title - I don't frequent many forums that have this nonsense, so I'm not too sure if it's an accurate description.

Basically, I'd like the option to be able to see forum formatting code for quotes,  text copypasting and whatnot. I'm sure you, venerable reader, have come across posts that are copypasted from elsewhere on the net, and as a consequence are of an unsuitable size, or colour, or whatever.
But you can't quote the post and repair the text because the coding causing the errors can't be viewed.

Or, when you quote someone but only want to refer to a specific part of their post; you try and trim it down, and suddenly the quote box formatting has vanished because you've deleted the period which was the keystone of the entire box, or some nonsense.

Other forums have a toggle between a 'normal' and a WYSIWYG option when posting. I'm wondering and hoping if the same thing can be added to this one.

This, and statements similar, have been brought up a number of times. It would be nice to have an option to more easily view and modify things as you have said.

In the meantime ctlr+shift+v will clear formatting from text you are pasting so you get this:

...His hide turned the mightiest tame...

instead of this:

...His hide turned the mightiest tame...

edit: that awkward moment when it pastes correctly for god knows what reason -_- let me find some different messed up text.

Edited by Drasiel