Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime Help Please

(PSN)d-iabLOFan

Question

19 answers to this question

Elemental Mods take order precedence from the top left slot to the bottom right slot.

they combo based on the order they are in. if two Elementals will 'hit' each other, they always Combo.

Weapons with innate Elementals apply that innate last.

(on a side note, if you haven't figured out Elementals yet, but are trying to setup Loadouts for Boltorp.... i think you missed 100% of the game already, IMO).

The reason he's asking is that the D polarity is in the top left corner. I believe the only way to move the polarity is after applying a forma, either that or don't use that slot on the weapon and put the elements in the correct order.

The reason he's asking is that the D polarity is in the top left corner. I believe the only way to move the polarity is after applying a forma, either that or don't use that slot on the weapon and put the elements in the correct order.

Well no, he was trying to use fire, that was the problem.

ive tried that but it changes lol so don't have any elements on at all then put electricity and poison together and put ice on last?

ill try this for sure but if it doesn't work im gonna rage quit (kidding lol) but seriously ill wind up using a forma to get rid of the polarity for ice so I can work it together

you are correct sir I understand the elemental combos and stuff I just cant get corrosive+cold ive even tried having corrosive first then adding cold and it switches it completely to something I don't want lol im gonna have to forma and move the slot huh?

I like everyone assumes im a noob im actually mastery rank 11 and have every frame and almost every weapon in the game rofl

EDIT: ok maybe not so much on the weapons lol but im close I guess don't even know what max rank is

Edited by (PS4)d-iabLOFan

I like everyone assumes im a noob im actually mastery rank 11 and have every frame and almost every weapon in the game rofl

EDIT: ok maybe not so much on the weapons lol but im close I guess don't even know what max rank is

Rofl. Lol. Lmao.

... anyway. Let me get a screenshot of how to do it, if it'll help.

well that as well, but you can't get the combo he's looking for in the order the polarities are in (assuming you throw the ice mod in the D polarity)

thanks for answering my question your the only one that actually answered and didn't try to make me sound like a noob

a screenshot of what exactly? my question was answered all I needed to know is why I cant get the combo I want .... I didn't know I needed to move the D polarity but now I do

Well, technically you don't NEED to match polarities, it'll just cost more energy.

FQEOgY4.jpg?1

Used a forma, added a V, moved the D to the far right so it's counted last.

ok gotcha but what if they were in the bottom row? does the same rule apply?

The order that you need to mod in goes from top-left to bottom-right. You go across the top row first from left to right, then continue on the bottom row from left to right. As long as the elements are in the correct order, the location of the mods doesn't matter. For example, you can put a Poison and a Electric mods in the first two slots, then put a Cold in the last slot and you will still get Corrosive + Cold.

Also, let's say you are adding an extra element of the same kind, let's say one of the Cicero mods. If you are doing the Corrosive + Cold combo, and the elements are in the correct order, you can put the Cicero mod after the Cold, and you will still get Corrosive + Cold b/c the Poison element is already being used to make Corrosive.

Edited by Yazeth

Yep, they can even be on separate rows as long as it's left to right, top to bottom.

thanks I forma'd and did the polarities just like the screenie you provided and it worked the part where I was talking about it being blast and stuff I forgot I was trying to do gas and cold lol but I saw corrosive was better..... thanks again sir this tenno appreciates your efforts

The order that you need to mod in goes from top-left to bottom-right. You go across the top row first from left to right, then continue on the bottom row from left to right. As long as the elements are in the correct order, the location of the mods doesn't matter. For example, you can put a Poison and a Electric mods in the first two slots, then put a Cold in the last slot and you will still get Corrosive + Cold.

Also, let's say you are adding an extra element of the same kind, let's say one of the Cicero mods. If you are doing the Corrosive + Cold combo, and the elements are in the correct order, you can put the Cicero mod after the Cold, and you will still get Corrosive + Cold b/c the Poison element is already being used to make Corrosive.

if I didn't have a screenie provided this would have been the best answer I got but thank you for your efforts fellow tenno