Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 13.8.4

[DE]Megan

It was DE's fault. They shipped an event that was intrinsically broken. It isn't an exploit when it happens to everyone naturally just from playing the game as it was meant to be played. That would be "a bug." Apparently, you don't understand the difference between the two, which doesn't surprise me, considering how self-righteous you are.

What exactly has anyone done that's dishonorable? Is scoring more than the devs expected in an event that was supposed to have infinite scoring dishonorable, now? Are we to blame for the fact that DE shipped an event based around a known weak point of the game, literally asked us to push it as far as we wanted it to go, and yet didn't even bother to make sure that it went out with the patch they put in for Defense or Survival?

Fact: It wasn't an exploit. It was a bug that affected everyone in the entire playerbase, without their choice or consent in the matter. The only way to 'not' take advantage of it would be to not play the game, and anybody crying about it's use is an idiot who doesn't understand what an exploit actually is.

"Make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand"

This is one of 2 definitions of an exploit given by the Oxford dictionary, so does it fall into what people have done?

Did DE intend for you to be able to rack up points to the point where enemies wouldn't spawn? Unlikely, after all Level 10K seems to be the cap, had they intended for this to be the case, they would have prepared for players to be get this high

Is this an unfair, or underhand way of obtaining points? Yes, People who used this exploit would silence those who worked hard to get to that point, and when they realised that something wasn't working as intended, they chose to pursue further

So with that out of the way, Yes people have been exploiting and yes they should be punished for doing so because it's unfair, even if for only a statue.

So is DE to blame? Partly, Mostly due to under-preparation however, there could have been no way that they could predict that the community would surpass that Level 9999 wall, after all Enemies hit like a train, however the community is also to blame, for not putting their hands up and admitting that they were doing something that is not right within the game, and instead kept going on as if nothing would happen.

To all of you who got there through the earnest means, you have my respect, however if exploiters are to be punished I'm afraid Collateral damage will happen, and even if it stings that your hard work went for naught, you should take pride in knowing you got there.

Edited by DarkHybridWolf

And you say I'm the delusional, arrogant one. Somebody here is jealous and greedy, sure. But it isn't me.

Jealous? Greedy?

How, pray tell, did you come to that conclusion? How am I jealous of an exploiter? Hell, I wasn't even doing the event because I have a real life to attend to. My points are exactly at 48. So good job jumping to conclusions. Unlike you, I actually thought of other clans that aren't of my own that were being competitive and wished to do this legitimately. My clan wasn't going for it that I know of. We're not a competitive clan for the most part. We just play to have fun. Gee, what a weird thing to play a game for, eh?

You're truly the epitome of dishonor. Now please, continue to cry and justify why everyone's wrong, and you're right.

Edit: DarkHybridWolf answers the rest of your post. I couldn't have said it better myself. Oh, and other than calling you dishonorable, I've not thrown insults. Don't call people idiots just because they disagree with you.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Well I hope the Mutalist Ospreys still pose some semblance of a challenge at normal enemy levels (<40)...level 100 Mutalist Osprey clouds probably should kill you in less than a second if you can't be bothered to run Antitoxin, because level 100 enemies are not balanced and should never be.

Incidentally, when will Toxic Ancients and Toxic Crawlers actually be fixed/buffed to, you know, do what they say on the tin? Do a significant amount of toxic damage to enemies nearby and properly produce area denial on Infested missions?

It certainly seems to me that people will never learn to adapt their builds to the emergent circumstances of missions and complain it's DE's fault for introducing "bugged" or "cheap" enemies, then once things are back to the prior equilibrium, they'll lambaste them nonstop here about how there's no challenge or variety in the game.

Well I hope the Mutalist Ospreys still pose some semblance of a challenge at normal enemy levels (<40)...level 100 Mutalist Osprey clouds probably should kill you in less than a second if you can't be bothered to run Antitoxin, because level 100 enemies are not balanced and should never be.

Incidentally, when will Toxic Ancients and Toxic Crawlers actually be fixed/buffed to, you know, do what they say on the tin? Do a significant amount of toxic damage to enemies nearby and properly produce area denial on Infested missions?

It certainly seems to me that people will never learn to adapt their builds to the emergent circumstances of missions and complain it's DE's fault for introducing "bugged" or "cheap" enemies, then once things are back to the prior equilibrium, they'll lambaste them nonstop here about how there's no challenge or variety in the game.

Yeah, I wasn't happy either when I saw the "rebalancing". Sadly I don't think any of the Toxic infested will actually be Toxic again.

I was extremely interested in seeing the new Infested enemies come to fruition, but seeing as most of them use Toxic, and the current community seems adamant on enemies not being able to bypass shields to do direct DoT health damage, I have a bad feeling they're going to be nerfed into mundane enemies just like everything else thanks to so many people crying foul about them being "too hard".

Wow this again? my clans score gets cut in half while the opposing clans stay the same? Is this some kind of joke? It happened in Tethra and now it's happening again, if you hate us this much then just tell us, silly goy.

You are mad because they took away the scores from runs where you literally had zero enemies on the map and you think that's unfair?  Petulant child.

You are mad because they took away the scores from runs where you literally had zero enemies on the map and you think that's unfair?  Petulant child.

How can you be sure it was from zero enemies do you have any evidence for that? No so stop being so toxic.And even if it happened it is DE fault because that bug was supposed to be fixed half a year ago so be toxic vs DE not the players .The players either wwanted for the tilesets to be empty they only wanted to take thee gold metal for the clans and they get punished by DE because DE was not capable enough to solve an excisting bug  as it has proven again with previous events as Cicero

Edited by Garuger

I thought the crashes were fixed? ;_;

No DE focuses mostly to release their dogs . Balance? Crashes? Endgame? NOPE lets spends hundrets of hours and recources to make dogs and evade serious issues in game GENIOUS 

No DE focuses mostly to release their dogs . Balance? Crashes? Endgame? NOPE lets spends hundrets of hours and recources to make dogs and evade serious issues in game GENIOUS 

And you have the Gall to call someone else Toxic? My the Hypocrisy is overwhelming

I am sarcastic not toxic learn the difrence XD

In what way are you not toxic? You've literally just insulted DE and their methods, which is rather funny because ofcourse they have their Main focus is on U14, it's an overhaul of the overview we currently have, not only this but we're getting much more.

Now there's a being sarcastic and having it actually be funny, then there's just beat a dead horse, I'll let you figure out which one you posted.

Edited by DarkHybridWolf

How can you be sure it was from zero enemies do you have any evidence for that? No so stop being so toxic.And even if it happened it is DE fault because that bug was supposed to be fixed half a year ago so be toxic vs DE not the players .The players either wwanted for the tilesets to be empty they only wanted to take thee gold metal for the clans and they get punished by DE because DE was not capable enough to solve an excisting bug  as it has proven again with previous events as Cicero

It was an obvious exploit. I've already made a gigantic post about it, so I'll just copy/paste..

"Do you really, seriously believe the game was supposed to work that way? Get the enemies past level 9999 and then suddenly, no more enemies? DE didn't change the rules. DE enforced them. Go take a look at the TOS and remember that you agreed to it before playing this game.......

....You'd think that, in the back of your mind, and after all the events that have had exploiters get pounded into the dirt they sprouted up from, there would be a small, diminutive voice there saying "....Is this a good idea? What if DE does what they have done in the past, and reduce our points?""

You see, instead of these people exploiting this problem, they should have reported it. But they actively chose to not report it. They didn't even broadcast it to the rest of the community. They kept it to themselves, to their own clans so they can prosper from it while no one else could. Sorry buddy, but that's the epitome of dishonesty, and they deserve more than just a removal of points, in my opinion.

You are one hell of a hypocrite. This isn't "sarcasm". You're being even more toxic than the person I was having a heated discussion with on the last page.

Edit: Oh, and almost every single update, the list for bug fixes are even larger than the content additions. They may not get to everything immediately, but they sure as hell fix far more than you want to admit.

Edited by SoulEchelon

In what way are you not toxic? You've literally just insulted DE and their methods, which is rather funny because ofcourse they have their Main focus is on U14, it's an overhaul of the overview we currently have, not only this but we're getting much more.

Now there's a being sarcastic and having it actually be funny, then there's just beat a dead horse, I'll let you figure out which one you posted.

My problems is their focus on how to develop better dogs and not fixing everything that is needed fixing the rest are fine thought 

Edited by Garuger

You are one hell of a hypocrite. This isn't "sarcasm". You're being even more toxic than the person I was having a heated discussion with on the last page.

So be it as it was writen in books since long forgoten 

I suppose most people here who don't mind this change (perhaps even on hand):

1. Don't have a high score because they were not even able to do this.

2. Don't have lost so much time at the end for nothing.

3. Not fighting for the top 3 tier at once with thier clan anyway because they don't care, or advance knowledge and are aware that they can't handle with the other (good) clans.

4. Write only to increase their number of posts (which in most cases and so contribute nothing) because there's a chance.

For people that how it is obvious will argue my statement I have only one answer, which I hope you will also cite.

"the truth hurts most"

It was an obvious exploit. I've already made a gigantic post about it, so I'll just copy/paste..

"Do you really, seriously believe the game was supposed to work that way? Get the enemies past level 9999 and then suddenly, no more enemies? DE didn't change the rules. DE enforced them. Go take a look at the TOS and remember that you agreed to it before playing this game.......

....You'd think that, in the back of your mind, and after all the events that have had exploiters get pounded into the dirt they sprouted up from, there would be a small, diminutive voice there saying "....Is this a good idea? What if DE does what they have done in the past, and reduce our points?""

You see, instead of these people exploiting this problem, they should have reported it. But they actively chose to not report it. They didn't even broadcast it to the rest of the community. They kept it to themselves, to their own clans so they can prosper from it while no one else could. Sorry buddy, but that's the epitome of dishonesty, and they deserve more than just a removal of points, in my opinion.

If you refer at alt + tab exploit it was reported and fixed at 13.8.3 as for empty enemies as also supposed to be fixed 6 months ago . The list may getting biger but for me is only writen if i dont verify them in game they still excist as you saw now this empty bug is a recycled fixed not a new one along with the scanner sentinel we had ht fixes that fixed same problem