Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 13.8.4

[DE]Megan

If you refer at alt + tab exploit it was reported and fixed at 13.8.3 as for empty enemies as also supposed to be fixed 6 months ago . The list may getting biger but for me is only writen if i dont verify them in game they still excist as you saw now this empty bug is a recycled fixed not a new one along with the scanner sentinel we had ht fixes that fixed same problem 

Did you know the same glitch can be created in different ways? DE may have patched the initial problem, but another could have just as easily opened right back up with this new event. It happens not only to Warframe, but to many other games out there. Huge, triple A titles have had huge, glaring glitches that slipped through the cracks. You try making an incredibly complex game like Warframe that doesn't have a glitch or five thousand.

And it's up to us players to report them, not abuse them.

Did you know the same glitch can be created in different ways? DE may have patched the initial problem, but another could have just as easily opened right back up with this new event. It happens not only to Warframe, but to many other games out there. Huge, triple A titles have had huge, glaring glitches that slipped through the cracks. You try making an incredibly complex game like Warframe that doesn't have a glitch or five thousand.

And it's up to us players to report them, not abuse them.

But most ppl DID reported that is why it was fixed if we did not nothing would be patched and as far as i know here was not another exploit than that 

Edited by Garuger

But most ppl DID reported that is why it was fixed if we did not nothing would be patched and as far as i know here was not another exploit than that 

And yet this time, people exploited it, and are now angry that DE did the exact thing they did last time when people exploited an event. They redacted the exploited points.

And yet this time, people exploited it, and are now angry that DE did the exact thing they did last time when people exploited an event. They redacted the exploited points.

BUT why ihas to be an exploit to begin with.WHY after a year in development we cant enjoy an event because we dont know if an exploit will be there and if it is going to be used . Should not DE learn by know what they do wrong and not repeat the same thing to next event? I do not ask to be perfect i ask to be enjoyable and secure 

BUT why ihas to be an exploit to begin with.WHY after a year in development we cant enjoy an event because we dont know if an exploit will be there and if it is going to be used . Should not DE learn by know what they do wrong and not repeat the same thing to next event? I do not ask to be perfect i ask to be enjoyable and secure 

Because it was an obvious exploit? It's not like there was a tiny glitch in the system that was so miniscule DE could easily ignore. No - enemies simply Stopped. Spawning. That's a big glitch. A very noticeable glitch. One that players came in and totally exploited in order to boost their points above others who were playing legitimately. Just like last time, it should have been reported, not abused. And I applaud anyone that did report it.

Either way, this conversation is going nowhere. I will continue to disagree with you wholeheartedly and you will continue to defend exploitation of obvious glitches. You've already shown your true colors with that incredibly toxic post earlier, so there's not much I can say that you would listen to anyway. And thus, all I'll say now, is goodnight.

Improved hit detection on Infested Drones.

Very nice, thanks. I haven't throughoutly tested it yet but at least I can rest assured that our cries reached your ears :) Those things are evil and in an annoying way.

Altogether it feels overly punishing to make poison damage murder you so easily without any defense. Honestly, when I meet a rank 60 toxic ancient and happen to pass by too close and outright die in the process... it feels weird. Making the damage scale less on higher levels is one way but honestly I would change it so Toxic damage no longer causes a certain amount of damage but 5-10% percent of max health (affected by resistances - would be nice to get proper control over that by the way).

This way even lighter frames have a chance while armor or whatnot can still provide extra defense for heavier frames intended to be more "tanky" (which is a relative term since tanking is near impossible in the game, thanks to the fact that enemies love to spawn in rooms you have already cleared out and not really having an aggro system - excluding rare cases like Loki's Decoy).

In the meantime they are still scary as hell, since no matter your health, they always cause a relatively high damage.

Lowered the spawn rates of Infested Drones.

I admit, I like this line.

Toxic Resistance Aura is now set at 2.5% per level.

Since most people don't have this, I see this line as a reason to be angry. Sorry but strengthening something like this that only a selected few has and has an effect on the outcome of this event (making their survival chances higher even if by only a nominal amount) kinda feels like favoring those that got it. It was already an advantage on their end.

Only way to solve this problem is to release these mods properly! Yes! No, I'm not greedy, no. And it doesn't mean a thing that if you are hit by poison on the high levels shown on the leaderboards you die anyways!

Reduced the amount of damage done during the Infested Drone charge attack.

Not sure about commenting on this but I will, sorry if it offends anyone... the game goes on for some time now, shouldn't the amount of damage a player can withstand become easy to guess at this point? And stats altogether. We frequently see new weapons and stuff introduced that are not simply unable to grow up to the expectations but are not even in balance with the previous items. Sure, this is a beta test or something of the sorts but I doubt that you need testers to guess that double the damage per second of a maxed frame's health is going to be fair or provide an enjoyable challenge (or weapons that have half the damage of other weapons previously introduced - attica vs marelok for example... I understand marelok is your lovechild but having a hitscan Pistol with higher damage than a Primary weapon that's not even hitscan and loads so slow it hurts...).

Fixed an issue with enemies not properly spawning in for Hive Event missions when the “Total Score” has reached a very high level.

With the current top scores being that high, I'm kinda thinking that we need to seriously think about how to provide situations where it's the skill that's rewarded and not wasted gameplay time. Sorry, no offense to those that play the game that long, that in itself is an achievement and I doubt that many people would be able to do the grinding that long - I'm serious, it isn't easy, friend does a work that's essentially the same thing... you go crazy in time. But while I admit that those players do deserve recognition for pouring that much energy into this, it still feels unfair to those that happen to do not possess that much free time.

Fixed an instance of Client's playing as Nyx being able to run around with Absorb active, if the power was activated right at the moment the player was knocked down.

It was fun though.

Fixed a number of crashes.

Would be nice if you did something to ensure that disconnecting host issues won't cause the dissipation of T4 void keys too... seriously. I know you wanted to stop exploits and such but we lost 2 keys in 40 minutes to this problem and it's not exactly a happy thing. Thankfully we didn't buy them but I would surely consider crying for refund if such a thing happened with "paid-for" keys.

Because it was an obvious exploit? It's not like there was a tiny glitch in the system that was so miniscule DE could easily ignore. No - enemies simply Stopped. Spawning. That's a big glitch. A very noticeable glitch. One that players came in and totally exploited in order to boost their points above others who were playing legitimately. Just like last time, it should have been reported, not abused. And I applaud anyone that did report it.

BUT THAT was suppossed to be fixed 6 MONTHS AGO . |t was reported and supposed to be fixed when you reached wave 100 + enemies stoped spawning thus DE fixed that so you cant blame the players for an exploit that was supposed to be fixed

Am I the only one who thinks rather than nerfing the damage that infested drones do why not just change the damage type of the "gas cloud" to gas damage? Therefore no more damage straight to health and at the same time it makes more sense to be that way. Of course if you had direct contact with a drone like a toxic ancient I'd understand but nerfing the damage isn't in my opinion a logical nor permanent solution.

If you ask me I don't understand why they were even implemented. It's beyond me how any sense can come out of a robot being infected by a biological virus.

BUT THAT was suppossed to be fixed 6 MONTHS AGO . |t was reported and supposed to be fixed when you reached wave 100 + enemies stoped spawning thus DE fixed that so you cant blame the players for an exploit that was supposed to be fixed

Did you know the same glitch can be created in different ways? DE may have patched the initial problem, but another could have just as easily opened right back up with this new event.

Am I the only one who thinks rather than nerfing the damage that infested drones do why not just change the damage type of the "gas cloud" to gas damage? Therefore no more damage straight to health and at the same time it makes more sense to be that way. Of course if you had direct contact with a drone like a toxic ancient I'd understand but nerfing the damage isn't in my opinion a logical nor permanent solution.

If you ask me I don't understand why they were even implemented. It's beyond me how any sense can come out of a robot being infected by a biological virus.

Doesn't make sense, especially since Infested are weak against Gas, and their main elemental property is infact Toxic.

They've already nerfed the damage those toxic clouds can do, nerfed the damage infested osprey's divebomb does, and even made their hitbox easier to hit. I don't think there's much else that needs to be done to make them any more weaker.

And with that I'm forcing myself off these forums before I continue arguing a moot point with the poster before you.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Doesn't make sense, especially since Infested are weak against Gas, and their main elemental property is infact Toxic.

They've already nerfed the damage those toxic clouds can do, nerfed the damage infested osprey's divebomb does, and even made their hitbox easier to hit. I don't think there's much else that needs to be done to make them any more weaker.

And with that I'm forcing myself off these forums before I continue arguing a moot point with the poster before you.

Plz do prove me  i am wrong oh all mighty and all knowing user 

No DE focuses mostly to release their dogs . Balance? Crashes? Endgame? NOPE lets spends hundrets of hours and recources to make dogs and evade serious issues in game GENIOUS 

I am sarcastic not toxic learn the difrence XD

You are a sad experience to read. For one - good advice - toxic levels of sarcasm can be greatly reduced by using appropriate Smileys and at least you have shown the capability to use them. Or do you only know that single one? :P

Second; your postings make you appear as if you have a broken logic box and you seem to have no clue how a development team for a game works. Here is how it goes, in case you missed it; there are different departments for a reason because there have different education and skillsets. Art and animation have little to do with crashes. Departments work on different things all the time. The only time when an art/animation designer is touching their work for other than aesthetic reasons is when someone who was testing the game and getting down on the nitty gritty side of the peformance tells them "this or that causes crashes or seriously decreases performance." Not saying this is ALWAYS the case, but a rule of thumb. Some can well find causes for crashes and fix them on their own if they are art-related, some don't. But graphics are not the only reason why something crashes.

That said, there have been tremendous amounts of fixes, crash and performance wise. But what you also don't seem to understand is, every time they push out new content, the possibility for new crashes increases. Shipyard tileset? Bam, new crashes. Many crashes and performance sinks are very machine specific, and no company has the resources to test every single configuration out there. That is why they have a crash reporter and bug tracker, and that is why they have a support system in case the tracker fails. They cannot magically fix all crashes with a wave of their hand. This only shows how little you are aware of the difficulty of FINDING these crashes. Sometimes having a case of a crash doesn't automatically pinpoint you to the reason, you often only get a "best guess" in the vague direction. It is a bit like the educated guessing game of medical analysis.

So please, pretty please, try at least to be reasonable before you post.

Well, not every toxin is a gas, so... ^^° but other than that, the damage system shouldn't be taken with face value. That being said, I don't want to go back to Damage 1.0

Edited by Khunvyel

You are a sad experience to read. For one - good advice - toxic levels of sarcasm can be greatly reduced by using appropriate Smileys and at least you have shown the capability to use them. Or do you only know that single one? :P

Second; your postings make you appear as if you have a broken logic box and you seem to have no clue how a development team for a game works. Here is how it goes, in case you missed it; there are different departments for a reason because there have different education and skillsets. Art and animation have little to do with crashes. Departments work on different things all the time. The only time when an art/animation designer is touching their work for other than aesthetic reasons is when someone who was testing the game and getting down on the nitty gritty side of the peformance tells them "this or that causes crashes or seriously decreases performance." Not saying this is ALWAYS the case, but a rule of thumb. Some can well find causes for crashes and fix them on their own if they are art-related, some don't. But graphics are not the only reason why something crashes.

That said, there have been tremendous amounts of fixes, crash and performance wise. But what you also don't seem to understand is, every time they push out new content, the possibility for new crashes increases. Shipyard tileset? Bam, new crashes. Many crashes and performance sinks are very machine specific, and no company has the resources to test every single configuration out there. That is why they have a crash reporter and bug tracker, and that is why they have a support system in case the tracker fails. They cannot magically fix all crashes with a wave of their hand. This only shows how little you are aware of the difficulty of FINDING these crashes. Sometimes having a case of a crash doesn't automatically pinpoint you to the reason, you often only get a "best guess" in the vague direction. It is a bit like the educated guessing game of medical analysis.

So please, pretty please, try at least to be reasonable before you post.

I have been in many betas and alphas and i know how a game works . Crashes will always be an issue for new conctect and i agree on that but the dogs need more than 1 department to focus on them they need Artistic / Animations / Balancing / Behaviors etc all these departments instead of focusing on 1 goal they could desperse and work on many difrent contects Animators could try to fix all the glitching with the waframes / Balancing could see what weapons need buff or etc . I would prefer the same amount of effort to be put in endgame contect that this game desperatly needs in order to be balance instead of addding more cosmetics that adds nothing more than a grindy pet . Not mention Carrier will always be better thanks to his vacum . Thuis instead of making contect that few will enjoy they should focus on more important things that everyone can enjoy and the game that despertly needs

Edited by Garuger

Again, who tells you there is no work being done on endgame content? Only because they haven't said so? Well, I do need to give you a heads up then, because there has been info released about certain plans they have for new endgame content. Just because we don't get loads of information every devstream about it is no indicator that there has not been done anything.

I don't care in how many betas and alphas you have been. That is just an arbitrary number being held on to and does not show if you actually brought something valuable to the table in the time. I've heard the argument long and often enough and I grew tired of it, as it is so often used as a "get-out-of-jail-free" card. Usually when I press people about to tell me more of what they did, it turns out they've managed to file a handful of bug reports in their entire testing time, so basically just played "broken games" for free, and the fewest knew about NDAs. That doesn't mean I think you are one of them, but on the same manner, it means that I have stopped caring about this argument. What I care about is the logic you show, and it is sorely lacking from what I can read.

You have no idea how much effort is put where because we simply don't know and you cannot work on ALL things at the same time, you need to distribute and prioritize. Clearly you don't have the info down else you wouldn't be claiming they are solely working on the Kubrows. Which is so wrong on so many levels, I don't even need to write it down because the evidence to prove it is RIGHT over there *points to the summary topics in the "livestreams, Contest & Events" subforum * oh and don't forget the Developer workshop.

*sighs* The more you write, the more I get the impression that you really don't have a clue what you are talking about. Maybe I just should cut it out here.

Edit to your edit; Carrier always being better due to VACUUM? Oh dear me *facepalm*

Edited by Khunvyel

Again, who tells you there is no work being done on endgame content? Only because they haven't said so? Well, I do need to give you a heads up then, because there has been info released about certain plans they have for new endgame content. Just because we don't get loads of information every devstream about it is no indicator that there has not been done anything.

I don't care in how many betas and alphas you have been. That is just an arbitrary number being held on to and does not show if you actually brought something valuable to the table in the time. I've heard the argument long and often enough and I grew tired of it, as it is so often used as a "get-out-of-jail-free" card. Usually when I press people about to tell me more of what they did, it turns out they've managed to file a handful of bug reports in their entire testing time, so basically just played "broken games" for free, and the fewest knew about NDAs. That doesn't mean I think you are one of them, but on the same manner, it means that I have stopped caring about this argument. What I care about is the logic you show, and it is sorely lacking from what I can read.

You have no idea how much effort is put where because we simply don't know and you cannot work on ALL things at the same time, you need to distribute and prioritize. Clearly you don't have the info down else you wouldn't be claiming they are solely working on the Kubrows. Which is so wrong on so many levels, I don't even need to write it down because the evidence to prove it is RIGHT over there *points to the summary topics in the "livestreams, Contest & Events" subforum * oh and don't forget the Developer workshop.

*sighs* The more you write, the more I get the impression that you really don't have a clue what you are talking about. Maybe I just should cut it out here.

Edit to your edit; Carrier always being better due to VACUUM? Oh dear me *facepalm*

That is a personal favor vacum is very valiuable for me at least because it helps me at high level defences etc since i get too low fps and get a bit laggy so it helps me  a lot . As for endgame i know it is being worked upon and i believe we will have it in U15 is my best guess and around 19~20 update we have a release date . We both make valids points and i know it always been emphasis on the game and i really like new space ship contect and new bosses etc but i would prefer if dogs never excisted because they aree going to add even more dilution in tables more rng and more grindingg to get them .However i never sai DE does not do stuff for comunity and to make the game better i just said they emphasized a bit too much on the dogs infact in DEV stream they called it the most advance work they have done in warframe and i ask you why the most advance work in warframe be dogs and not something more on the point? I just hope the end game and everything the game will have from now on is the best possible outcome and i hope that the dogs wuld be as good as they wantd because that will show great plans for future realeases 

Also take a cookie (>^_^)>@ telling me that idont know how to emote HA