Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Idea For A New Prime Snpier Rifle

Incrodon

So Lore wise, the Bratons and Latos are corpus made and were resigned Prime weapons that were mass producable. Then the discontinued Snipertron, with its design similar to the Braton in style, should have a prime version.

If that is the case, should it be a direct upgrade or something more advance like a rail gun [like the Lanka]. I was thinking something with similar base fire power of the current snipertron but with better fire rate/crit chance/ crit damage/ and reload speed along side with some punch through and maybe even an extra polarity.

Anyone got any ideas for a prime snipertron or disagree with this idea?

Edited by Incrodon

Considering the snipetron was removed from the game (Not including vandal versions and ones obtained before they were removed) I doubt it'll be making any kind of come back. Even then, I don't think I'd want to see a snipetron prime. I'd rather to see a Vectis prime, since the weapon works out more towards being primed lore-wise, and it would probably look better visually.

The Snipetron is, lore-wise, nonexistent. Therefore, we will have a Vectis Prime, and it shall be glorious.

We already have the Snipetron Vandle So I doubt it will get primed too. Plus I would rather have a Vectis Prime, since its an original Tenno design and the artwork for it would likely be incredible. 

I have to agree that a prime Vectis would look amazing but did'nt know Snipetron was declared non-exsistant lore wise now. Hope that isnt true but we do need a good sniper besides lanka or Latron Prime/Soma.

Edited by Incrodon

Vectis Prime is entirely liable to be the next Prime primary, what with the confirmed sniper rifle global buff on the way. That said they've yet to release any specifics on it... but everyone would be much more receptive to a sniper buff with a new sniper with which to test it.

In the vein of how Bo got a sizable buff in U13, which is also when Bo Prime was leaked.

Vectis Prime is also, in the game's current standing, the only predictable Prime sniper rifle. While DE holds the lore-reins and can make exceptions to their own rules (Strun Wraith?), Snipetron has, for all intents and purposes, been 'phased out' and Lanka is definitively Corpus, leaving Vectis as the only decisively Tenno sniper rifle.

I'd put Lanka Vandal at a higher probability than any further iteration of Snipetron.

So Lore wise, Latos and sicurus are corpus made

wrong, if they were, they wouldnt have tenno "carvings/symbols" would they? you can also see the style of the two, they are tenno made, in the coddex, weaponry, the first image is a tenno weapons concept picture, both the lato and sicarus are there.

Vectis prime lore-wise wouldn't work as well as you all think. Think about it, its a tenno original design, if it is tenno original it can't be a prime weapon since the weapons we have now (the braton, and other non-prime primes) are replicas of their primed versions. Having an original then having it turn out to be based of something else (=not original at all) would break its lore. As awesome as it would look it would make more sense to chose the snipertron, even if it isn't in-game anymore. If not then the lanka since the corpus are orokin tech crazy people who base their things off orokin design.

Edited by GrimR3APER

Vectis prime lore-wise wouldn't work as well as you all think. Think about it, its a tenno original design, if it is tenno original it can't be a prime weapon since the weapons we have now (the braton, and other non-prime primes) are replicas of their primed versions. Having an original then having it turn out to be based of something else (=not original at all) would break its lore. As awesome as it would look it would make more sense to chose the snipertron, even if it isn't in-game anymore. If not then the lanka since the corpus are orokin tech crazy people who base their things off orokin design.

I don't know if I agree with it being an original Tenno design. The Market description calls it a "classic Tenno weapon," which to me just means it's only used by the Tenno, not Corpus or Grineer. It could've still descended from an Orokin design, same as the Braton and other weapons.

EDIT: For that matter, look at the description of the Paris. "Based on one of the world's oldest weapon designs, this Tenno-crafted weapon..." That seems to imply the Tenno designed the Paris based on ancient Earth longbows, not that the Orokin designed it, and yet we still have the Paris Prime.

Edited by Endrian

wrong, if they were, they wouldnt have tenno "carvings/symbols" would they? you can also see the style of the two, they are tenno made, in the coddex, weaponry, the first image is a tenno weapons concept picture, both the lato and sicarus are there.

I just noticed theres little glowing tumor like things that are on preety much every tenno weapon on the sicarus. let me fix that, thanks for telling me that but i still kinda think the lato is either corpus made or corpus inspired.

I don't know if I agree with it being an original Tenno design. The Market description calls it a "classic Tenno weapon," which to me just means it's only used by the Tenno, not Corpus or Grineer. It could've still descended from an Orokin design, same as the Braton and other weapons.

EDIT: For that matter, look at the description of the Paris. "Based on one of the world's oldest weapon designs, this Tenno-crafted weapon..." That seems to imply the Tenno designed the Paris based on ancient Earth longbows, not that the Orokin designed it, and yet we still have the Paris Prime. -They seem more like compound bows then longbows-

Indeed it could be, I just heard a lot of original Tenno sniper when it came out. The Paris on the other hand sort of makes sense. The Tenno created Orokin weapons (a.k.a. prime weapons) during the great war with the Sentients and those weapons were supposedly lost and replicated with our normal ones and apparently when you get a prime weapon its an original one. The Paris having been based on bows from earth would surely appear during the great war no? It makes some sense that they would. Then once again they were "lost"(hidden by the lotus :3) and once again regained. I guess I haven't really defended my argument since it stopped after the first sentence but I do agree with you a bit but with my own reasoning jammed in there.

Dakra Prime is a Tenno design made in the time of the Orokin.

It can be projected that only Tenno research lab weapons are not due Prime counterparts.

I agree with this. I feel like all research lab weapons shouldn't get Prime versions; they're powerful enough on their own.