Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting > Need Xxx Warframe, Pm Your Frame

aynn

Ive been wanting to show off my dodging skills in pluto interception

You literally just have to cycle WASD in a rhythm against corpus and you wont get hit much or at all

Explain that to this one Rhino in Nightmare last night.

He walked up to a heavy gunner, cloaked in his golden Iron skin, and went down in literately 1.7 seconds. I counted.

Corpus is easy to dodge so long as your mobile.

NAW. SCREW IT. WE CAN ALL TANK. SIT IN DAT ONE SPOT AND AIM DAT SOMA.

Explain that to this one Rhino in Nightmare last night.

He walked up to a heavy gunner, cloaked in his golden Iron skin, and went down in literately 1.7 seconds. I counted.

Corpus is easy to dodge so long as your mobile.

NAW. SCREW IT. WE CAN ALL TANK. SIT IN DAT ONE SPOT AND AIM DAT SOMA.

Grineer damage has never scared me honestly ._.

My issue with them is killing my sentinel ....

This is something that tends to happen in MMO games which often tend to have different classes available. So far we haven't needed that division in Warframe because the content has been pretty easy. You can use four of any frame and rush through pretty much every mission that is not T4 and the higher BG missions. As we get more difficult content, there will be more and more room for specialized teams. Just like a RPG, every frame does seem to fit the concept of a class. This will be probably be even more the case once the focus systems comes out. I think that is a good thing. There are so many frames; what is the point of having all the frames if any frame will do? if that's the case they might as well be cosmetic skins.

There's also the fact that it's the host's key. He did the work to get it. You are just hopping in for the free ride. If you don't want to use any of the needed frames, you have the choice to wait for the next host, or go get a key yourself. It's like if a friend is giving you a ride to the mall and you want to dictate what roads to take and music to play.

The other factor to take into account is that, again because the content has been so easy, there has been very little incentive for people to work as a team and use synergy of frames. This is something that hopefully will develop as a consequence of bigger challenges that require that type of cooperation. Sadly I have to say that so far, that challenge is not yet in the game. I've done a few T4 missions and I have yet to die, and I have only been playing this game for 2-3 months. I'm hoping that eventually sticking together as a unit will be essential to beat missions and that healers will be appreciated, and crowd controllers will be appreciated and so on.

To combine both thoughts, I would say that the host definitely should have the right to demand whatever frame he wants to join his squad. It's his squad after all. On the other hand, the current content hardly requires that kind of selective squad composition.

Yup. That's what I've been trying to get to. I can see you're Valkyrs doing fine if they're a well co-ordinated group of clan mates.

Randoms. It's just never going to work. You're always going to have that one person that goes down, then enemies get to the pod and break it.

This is why when using recruit, people ask for frames like Vauban, or Frost. Hell, Volt gets the job done well too with his new shields.

I guess this is why I would counter a lot of this thread.  Yeah, sure you might have a bit better luck with those frames that seem to have a defined roll in a defense or survival.

BUT,

In the end we are talking about randoms from recruit chat.  You can have the "best" group and geared for the mission and still fail, because... randoms.  And you can have what looks like an awful set-up and go an hour in T3S and have it seem like not much more than 35 mins.

They are called randoms, because that is what they are.  Bad player can make good frames not work, and good players can make every frame useful.  I HAVE been in both.  I've been in a random mag/zephyr/emberprime/nekros T3S for 60 mins that never got too sketchy.  I've been in a T2MD that failed, after the guy in recruit (rhino) asked for specific frames, but it didn't do any good because the frost and everyone else ran of to hallway hero, I got knocked down by a sneaky ancient, then killed and the terminal taken down shorty after.

So, sure, your key you are entitled to ask for specific frames and for people to play how you would like.  BUT to say certain combinations are required for success is just as wrong most of the time, and this isn't just a T4S/D thing.  People insist on specific frames for all kinds of missions, and often enough when it just doesn't matter.  IF you have 1 frame you think is a must have in a certain mission type... then why not take that yourself and then just accept whatever people bring into the group?

I guess this is why I would counter a lot of this thread.  Yeah, sure you might have a bit better luck with those frames that seem to have a defined roll in a defense or survival.

BUT,

In the end we are talking about randoms from recruit chat.  You can have the "best" group and geared for the mission and still fail, because... randoms.  And you can have what looks like an awful set-up and go an hour in T3S and have it seem like not much more than 35 mins.

They are called randoms, because that is what they are.  Bad player can make good frames not work, and good players can make every frame useful.  I HAVE been in both.  I've been in a random mag/zephyr/emberprime/nekros T3S for 60 mins that never got too sketchy.  I've been in a T2MD that failed, after the guy in recruit (rhino) asked for specific frames, but it didn't do any good because the frost and everyone else ran of to hallway hero, I got knocked down by a sneaky ancient, then killed and the terminal taken down shorty after.

So, sure, your key you are entitled to ask for specific frames and for people to play how you would like.  BUT to say certain combinations are required for success is just as wrong most of the time, and this isn't just a T4S/D thing.  People insist on specific frames for all kinds of missions, and often enough when it just doesn't matter.  IF you have 1 frame you think is a must have in a certain mission type... then why not take that yourself and then just accept whatever people bring into the group?

I joined a T 4 def with 2 frosts and a trinity

I dont want to sound ... braggy?.... but teh only reason they made it was my valkyr ._.

When Vor spawned we didnt really have the damage to take him out quikly

The pod was under attack and we nearly failed

I told them to hold the pod while i took Vor

After he died i went around the area and took out every heavy unit myself since they didnt have the damage for it

I did this in every wave following

In one the pod dropped to 600-700 HP because i went off to hit a group early thinking the three of them could hold the pod alone...

Gas+ Electric Serro CC and damage output is incredibly useful

The only thing I've ever asked for from randoms when hosting is for at least one person to run Energy Siphon (unless I'm already running it). Other than that, I'll roll with any party for any mission type. Keeps things fresh and interesting. I already have a full-time job; I don't want this game to turn into a second job for me.

On the flip side, if I'm playing with my usual companion, he and I will actually plan things out beforehand and at least bring frames and auras that compliment each other, unless one of us is just ranking up a particular frame.