Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The True Victors Of Breeding Grounds

Roflchoptreh

To clarify, this is NOT a lash out against DE or some sort of snide method to be passive aggressive in any way, shape, or form. I honestly feel as though credit needs to be given to those who grinded for hours upon hours in this event. It really is a shame to see these people and clans not being recognized for their massively impressive accomplishments and efforts. 

Top Players

ZI6Fv7V.jpg

Top Ghost Clans

3uyY8C0.jpg

Top Shadow Clans

uI13qYk.jpg

Top Storm Clans

xsovrH9.jpg

Top Mountain Clans

3pOQfF6.jpg

Top Moon Clans

T6D5ddm.jpg

Although DE has now changed the scoring system and will probably now determine winners based on ties, I believe that these clans and people should still be remembered and recognized in this event. 

Edited by Roflchoptreh

It wasn't an exploit. It occurred naturally as you reached a certain amount of points. If you yourself grinded up to the point where enemies stopped spawning, would you just suddenly stop? This is a competitive event. It's not the players' fault for simply wanting to win, encountering a bug that DE has known about for months in advance. 

remembered and recognized for taking advantage of an exploit to artificially increase their scores?

They were playing the event entirely as intended and broke no rules the "exploit" was entirely due to DE's laziness in not fixing a bug that is over 6 months old.

remembered and recognized for taking advantage of an exploit to artificially increase their scores?

I would prefer they get punished for using an exploit like they did.

to be honest, if you played as much as they did and you put as much effort in the competition you would have ran into the same "exploit". this was DE's problem, they were just trying to win. it isnt really fair to anyone if people realized after so many waves that they had to stop competing because the game is flawed and they would be considered cheating.

the 'exploit' was absolutely inevitable. When you got past lvl 9999 enemies, enemies didn't spawn anymore. Nothing anyone could have done about it.

As a matter of fact, if someone actually found a way to make enemies spawn past lvl 9999, THAT would be an exploit. That would be finding a way around the game mechanics.

In a competition though, you can't just assume that you would be punished for playing in that state, specially considering the bug is old and has been reported several times, and since DE told us about 'unlimited points', they were fully aware that that could happen. More than that, every run you're not playing is a run your competition is.

The big issue here is that these people--although they did put a lot of time and effort into grinding enemy-less missions after getting 405 point runs, didn't seem to make much effort in reporting the issue (given I can't see if they sent in support tickets), but the fact that the missions became enemy-less after 405 points means that the effort to get to 405 points is a lot greater than it is to keep raising the points because there's no more challenge.

Given, DE did seem to drop the ball in that they never had a cap in the first place (I wonder if they thought that no one would even get to 405 points or more), however it should have been obvious after the 405 point mark that enemy-less missions were not intended and clearly bugged. And abusing a bug to get more and more points is... well... not a great idea. Yes, it is their time, but they should have been prepared for the fact that DE would catch onto the exploit/bug and implement retroactive changes to undo unfair gains from using it. 

I'm going to go ahead and lock this to prevent a flame war between the "They should be rewarded" and "They should be punished further" crowd. The changes alone are punishment enough and it prevents further exploits.

[size=2]Also as a side note, using alts to boost clan scores is also strictly forbidden, if you see it happening, please report it with a support ticket[/size]