Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Quanta Costs Too Much To Be This Weak

TheBestUsername

Mutalist Quanta is basically a REGULAR boltor.  It should not be this weak considering the time it takes to research and build, and also the sheer cost and mastery requirement.

It needs to be somewhere in between a boltor and boltor prime.

maybe 38-44 physical damage per shot

also, beachball needs work.  It is too small to be a usable shield, it is not transparent so you cant see what you are shooting at, and it takes 11 years to explode so you cant aim at anything.

I would like to see you pick one of these things and improve it.

Either:

make it transparent so you can use it to buff dmg.

make it detonate on enemy impact for reliable aoe  <--- this is what i'd like to see done

make it larger so it can properly cover 1 tenno

Edited by TheBestUsername

-snip-

make it detonate on enemy impact for reliable aoe  <--- this is what i'd like to see done

I agree with the whole post to smaller or larger degrees, but I especially agree with these last suggestions.

Mutalist Quanta is basically a REGULAR boltor.  It should not be this weak considering the time it takes to research and build, and also the sheer cost and mastery requirement.

It needs to be somewhere in between a boltor and boltor prime.

maybe 38-44 physical damage per shot

also, beachball needs work.  It is too small to be a usable shield, it is not transparent so you cant see what you are shooting at, and it takes 11 years to explode so you cant aim at anything.

I would like to see you pick one of these things and improve it.

Either:

make it transparent so you can use it to buff dmg.

Can someone move this to weapon feedback? i finally found that after i made this.

Seems plenty balanced to me. Looks like Karak stats, but mostly Puncture instead of Impact. Slightly less fire rate and terrible reload, but operates similar.

The key is the secondary function.... which I still haven't quite figured out myself. Either way, it's not intended to be something far more powerful than a Braton/Karak PLUS a fancy secondary function.

Seems plenty balanced to me. Looks like Karak stats, but mostly Puncture instead of Impact. Slightly less fire rate and terrible reload, but operates similar.

The key is the secondary function.... which I still haven't quite figured out myself. Either way, it's not intended to be something far more powerful than a Braton/Karak PLUS a fancy secondary function.

if it is interesting, it should be worth using.  It is not.

If something is going to be low tier, it should be boring normal weapons, not the crazy space gun that shoots flying mucus balls.  I am not asking for OP, i am asking for REASONABLE mid tier in line with the cost and effort to get the gun.  This should have been done in the first place.

if it is interesting, it should be worth using.  It is not.

If something is going to be low tier, it should be boring normal weapons, not the crazy space gun that shoots flying mucus balls.  I am not asking for OP, i am asking for REASONABLE mid tier in line with the cost and effort to get the gun.  This should have been done in the first place.

'Worth using' is pretty subjective. I have fun with a variety of weapons that aren't top tier OP weapons personally.

Your belief that everything should compete with some invisible 'mid-tier' is a bit shortsighted if, as presented, its statistically similar to other so-called mid tier weapons.

Cost and effort are also fairly relative. It's been a while since we've seen new clan tech, and they are practically throwing Mutagen/Fieldron/Detonite at us left and right through invasion rewards. I think I have 10-20 of each type now, and I barely play invasions casually or when I friend is online. Costs are very different from what they were when this system was first introduced, and we had to literally farm ODD to get a decent amount of Mutagen samples.

'Worth using' is pretty subjective. I have fun with a variety of weapons that aren't top tier OP weapons personally.

Your belief that everything should compete with some invisible 'mid-tier' is a bit shortsighted if, as presented, its statistically similar to other so-called mid tier weapons.

Cost and effort are also fairly relative. It's been a while since we've seen new clan tech, and they are practically throwing Mutagen/Fieldron/Detonite at us left and right through invasion rewards. I think I have 10-20 of each type now, and I barely play invasions casually or when I friend is online. Costs are very different from what they were when this system was first introduced, and we had to literally farm ODD to get a decent amount of Mutagen samples.

it required forma and 3 days to research, even if you had all that.  It should not be as pisspoor as a regular boltor.  I never said everything should be mid tier, each gun has a place.  And mid tier is not an invisible made up thing like you make it out to be, maybe you should play the game more.  It is very obvious, if you can't see that and think the gun is fine as a throwaway mastery like it currently is you go ahead. I for one hold higher standards.  It seems the general population agrees with me on this.

Personally, I have no trouble using the secondary fire. It just requires a bit of situational awareness.

I can use it, but it is clunky and poor.  It could easily be fixed, and that is what i'm asking for here.  I have used it so much, i actually notice that the enemy poison clouds disappear faster when i shoot a ball into them, like it absorbs it.

The secondary fire procs radiation when it hits an enemy, thats the main draw no?

Assuming the Blob doesn't bounce off something and end up floating in mid air, out of reach of the enemy and useless, then yes, it causes radiation procs.

Unfortunately there appears to be no 'weight' to the Blob and it usually ends up floating in mid air etc. If you should get it positioned nicely and a nearby team mate uses melee on it it will end up floating in mid air....

As it currently stands the secondary projectiles are too bouyant. Also, being limited to a maximum of two at a time seriously limits any potential uses.

I'd like to see maybe four Blobs being in use at a time. Each should start of as bouyant as they currently are but should gradually sink to the ground after deployment to become a more viable AOE weapon. Either that or give them a radial AOE so that the airborne variety aren't just a stylish waste of ammunition.

As for the primary fire mode, it could use a slight damage buff.

I'd rather have the primary fire get a status rate buff to put it more in line with the Grakata. They did say this weapon is designed to have a 'support' role.

That said, we need to be able to shoot the blobs to make them expand and pop on their own. Perhaps they could employ some Zephyr tornado technology and allow the element of the shots to affect the explosion damage type and proc? Explosion radius needs to be way bigger too.

Moved to the right section...

Thank you.

Some other good ideas above, shooting the bubble to expand and pop it rather than a proximity detonate would work wonders, and i agree 2 beach ball limit makes it hard to use regularly.  I don't think it needs this low cap seeing as it already costs a bunch of ammo to use the beach balls.

What's the point of clan tech if they weapons are pathetic? The wait?

That is one of the problems i have with it having these issues.  It requires so much time, research, and materials.  It should not be sub par.  It would be fine as is if it were just a market blueprint, but it's not.

where's my Alternate Fire?

i can't Fine Aim, so Mutalist Quanta is a useless POS for me. i can't use the bland shooty part effectively without Fine Aim, and the beachballs are okay, i can apply a lot of Radiation Effects(which is the best part about this if you ask me, making Radiation traps), but i'm just really not sure what else to do with them. they flop around too much to be used Defensively well.

IMO, Mutalist Quanta is a fantastic way to use up Rifle Ammo, but i'm not sure what it's ROLE in combat is supposed to be. alright, so i covered a couple high traffic areas, and now a bunch of Enemies are confused and attacking each other.

and now.... i.... shoot them with the bland shooty part? without Fine Aim, that's a nope. i can't hit anything hipfiring that, because we still don't have separate sensitivity sliders for Freelook and Fine Aim. Freelook spins around in circles too much, and Fine Aim is too sluggish.

Edited by taiiat