Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credits Are Useless. Auction House With Credits Solves That Problem.

Hexagoros

What? Yes.. it will. What, they're about 20 R10 mods? That's 20 million creds right there.

If you actually attempted to do that, you would make far more than 20 million credits while hunting down the several thousand Rare 5 Fusion cores you would need.

Add to that the various rare mods, bps, and parts rng would hand you along the way...and you would probably end up turning a platinum profit.

So again, not a chance.

Edited by Hexagoros

Honestly, the only way to make credits into currency is to have them worth platinum.

But since you can't trade credits, you'll never be able to back your credits with platinum.

The other thing is that I'm betting there will be more consumables later on that will need credits.

Also, I'm currently in need of credits for my fusions. B> 10m credits, 10p

If you actually attempted to do that, you would make far more than 20 million credits while hunting down the several thousand of Rare 5 Fusion cores you would need.

Add to that the various rare mods, bps, and parts you would find along the way that you could trade for platinum...and you would probably end up turning a profit.

So again, not a chance.

You can use more than just R5 cores you know. Fuse some of those 500+ of the same common mod that stack up, you will start to see your credits dwindle, same with dupes and and other fusion cores.

You say creds have no value, but you don't want to spend them? *confusion*

You can use more than just R5 cores you know. Fuse some of those 500+ of the same common mod that stack up, you will start to see your credits dwindle, same with dupes and and other fusion cores.

You say creds have no value, but you don't want to spend them? *confusion*

lol what?  I'm beginning to wonder if you've actually attempted maxing out a Serration or a Hornet Strike. 

There is a reason those sell for around 150+ platinum.  Maxing those are brutally impractical, and not because of the credit cost.

Edited by Hexagoros

Well, you will feel differently when you are somewhere passed level 8 and have several million credits sitting in your reserve that are useful for basically nothing except funding your Clan tenno conflicts.

Edit:

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who has earned more platinum through trades than he could ever hope to use in the in-game store, so it's not as if I'm just sitting here looking for a way around platinum. 

I've done my time on the Spam-Chat, and will happily go about spending more time there to sell off my loot for the sake of selling it.

The thing is, there should be a better way.

I'll state my point again: Credits serve their purpose for this type of genre, and therefore is not considered useless. So rather complaining about its worth, complain about how there is not enough content to use our excessive amounts of credits on.

Now I agree that a better form of trading should be available. So why not make platinum, the "actual" currency of this game, for that use instead?

lol what?  I'm beginning to wonder if you've actually attempted maxing out a Serration or a Hornet Strike. 

There is a reason those sell for around 150+ platinum.  Maxing those are brutally impractical, and not because of the credit cost.

I'm fairly certain I'm further along at maxing them than you are (judging by your response). It takes about 1000 some odd dupes to max an R10 mod, and 2000 something by using mods with the same polarity. If creds aren't the issue, you've must've played for a while, so you should have a bunch of spare crappy mods laying around to do this with. I don't know about you, but I have 26million lifetime creds, and currently have about 200k.

I'm fairly certain I'm further along at maxing them than you are (judging by your response). It takes about 1000 some odd dupes to max an R10 mod, and 2000 something by using mods with the same polarity. If creds aren't the issue, you've must've played for a while, so you should have a bunch of spare crappy mods laying around to do this with. I don't know about you, but I have 26million lifetime creds, and currently have about 200k.

I have to agree with Devoid on this. I currently have a maxed Redirection (Warframe AND Sentinel), Serration, Hornet Strike, Vitality (Warframe AND Sentinel), and I'm nearing a maxed Steel fiber for Warframes. All just from fusing cores and dupe mods (both of the same mod and others). If I recall correctly, this has only taken me about 3 or 4 months to do. It's a time sink, to be sure, but it is not impractical, and is very simple to do ever since the introduction of survival for dupe mods, and dark sectors for credits.

Edit: My spelling was off a bit.

Edited by CaptainPeanut

This is true and it takes a mega-ton of credits to rank r10 mods to max. Also, why is the community(a small but vocal part of it) so hellbent on auction houses? We are Tenno, not Corpus merchants.

Edited by YashiroSora

This is true and it takes a mega-ton of credits to rank r10 mods to max. Also, why is the community(a small but vocal part of it) so hellbent on auction houses? We are Tenno, not Corpus merchants.

Because compared to other games, this trading mechanic in warframe is just horrendous. 

Spam-Chat.  That's our trading mechanic.

Because compared to other games, this trading mechanic in warframe is just horrendous. 

Spam-Chat.  That's our trading mechanic.

The issue is that an auction house isn't the way to go. We need something more... customized. I'm not sure what that is yet, and I doubt DE does either. That's why we are stuck with our spam chat.

Not really.

Inflation prices tend to take care of themselves.  For example, no one would put up a Barrel Diffusion mod for 5k credits, instead they would set the price more in the 500k area, since the mod is so rare.

The players would decide the prices for themselves, since...well, that's the nature of trading between humans.

I mean, right now I can sell a Fleeting Expertise for 1 plat if I so choose...that doesn't mean I will.

Not a chance, the only thing that would happen is that those of use with millions of credits, I have amassed well over 2.5 million by this point. Will suck up all the spare mods in the credit listings, before re listing them in the plat trade list. Dark Sectors like Sechura and T4 especially provide well over 50k in credits for a half decent run. 40 plat for a credit booster, farm that and I've millions and millions of credits to buy up mods and then re list my own at inflated prices or simply move them over to the Plat trading system.

Also Barrel diffusion is not that rare, neither is Split chamber, Lethal torrent, Hells Chamber, Blaze, Accelerated Blast, Hammershot etc. currently they go for around 10-15 plat. or less. 

In addition, if you wanted people to trade for credits, you'd actually have to set an exchange rate, and because credits aren't useful for anything outside the forge, the exchange rate demanded for people selling mods is going to be incredibly high, which no one will pay because the currency can't be used for anything. I can't buy mod slots, can't purchase things in the market, no cosmetics, no materials like golden potatoes etc. Unless you want to allow credits to be used to purchase items, which just isn't going to happen.  I don't think you've grasped the issue of procyclicality in what you're proposing. 

The trade chat is a mess, no one is going to argue that, it needs far more tools and clearing up. I trade within my clan most of the time, there's over 200 of us so someone usually has something they want plus we often charge mate's rates, what you're proposing doesn't actually fix any of those problems. 

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

A bit of a stretch.  'Taxes' are simply meant as a second limiting factor on trades, the first being the limited number of trades per level.  Again, that's credits being used basically as a resource.  As one of the other posters mentioned, the actual 'game currency' in use here is platinum. 

Platinum is the basis of player-to-player trading.  Credits are for taxes and the forge.

Also, I never said I was against a 'Platinum Auction House,' I would be fine with that too.  ^_^  I really hate the Spam-Chat tab.

Which doesn't really answer the point. As noted, taxes (from both trade/rails) fund battlepay, i.e. the money circulates. By contrast, your own proposal involves farming for credits (i.e. not selling for them), so the money's only moving in one direction and not actually circulating. :-P

As somebody who maxed their own Hornet Strike, Serration, Heavy Caliber, etc. and working on some of the other Rare 10's, I'm going to have to disagree with you here too.

As noted, you can definitely use stuff other than Rare 5's. Even just using cores (which I wouldn't do) to max a Rare 10 from unranked would cost me 160 rare 5's, 370-odd uncommon 5's, and a few dozen common 3's. Hint, I know because I have the cores on hand to do actually do it. What I don't have is the credits, it'd cost me about 1.3 mil, currently sitting at an even 930k.

And even coming across the rare 5's themselves isn't exactly unheard of if you know where to go, particularly since you get them in bundles of five in T4 Survival... it's not hard to walk out with 20+ total during a 40min run, however, the mission itself will only pay for fusing about half of them.