Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Woah There Teeno, You Might Need To Slow Down.

Hearthwin

So. Warframe. Really enjoyable. Reminds me alot of one of my favorite games Phantasy Star Online. The problem i'm having right now is the feeling like I have nothing to do. Which is largely apart of Taxis. Taxiing is when one player takes another player to a node they have already unlocked. This pretty much sped up the game for me and made me feel like I don't need to do anything. Is there an Alert out that I don't have the proper node for? No problem head to recruiting and ask someone for a taxi. Do I want really good exp and a powerlevel? No problem ask someone to go to Sechura. Now I completed the first 3 planets without discovering this system, but while farming for some neural sensors on Sinai i mentioned how little credits I have to a veteran player (this player is now my Warlord and a good friend of mine). He suggested taking me to Sechura. Little did I know this would take away tons of the fun I was having in Warframe. I went from a noob to a totally level scrub. Soon we were running Voids and I became much better than some Mastery 6s in my clan. Why in the blazing monkey balls of Venus was I allowed to go to Tier 3 Survival at Mastery 2? Here I am. Mastery 8 in a month. 225 hours to my name. Feeling bored and overpowered. "Well why don't you just make some low level weapons and go keep exploring?" I can't. I essentially lost my Warframe virginity. Something I can never reclaim. Even if I make a brand new account, I will still not feel as badass as when I started 3 shotting some grineers with my Skana. 

My suggestion? MASTERY LOCK ALL THE THINGS! <---(Viable option for later, but not right now).

All joking aside what we need is a lock on Taxiing. A mastery 2 should not be at Sechura. They should not be going to Tier 3 Voids which they are completely unprepared for. We could Mastery lock void keys to solve that problem.You can still obtain them, just not use them until you reached a certain mastery. I LOST MY TENNO VIRGINITY, DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO THE YOUNGLINGS! 

P.S. I controlled my language. Virginity is not a bad word.

Feedback So Far: I like the fact that I can go to Fossa with my friend that I just played Romula with even though I don't have it unlocked. That is the only reason I suggested Mastery Lock instead of requiring all participating players to have that node unlocked at the time. As to making it so that player doesn't have the node unlocked, the issue there is that that player did work to unlock the node and participated in the mission. Mastery Locking Planets seems like a better idea to me so players take more time playing the game, than skipping straight to Sechura. The game is beautiful and I missed out on alot of it. Yes it was my mistake to accept a taxi to Sechura or another high level defense level, BUT I shouldn't have been allowed to go there in the first place. One issue regarding Mastery Locking certain areas is the fact that I had my Mag at lvl 30 before I even reached Saturn or Jupiter (where we next can get new warframes after Rhino, but rhino is mastery locked even though Jackal can accessed at like mastery 0, another issue entirely [what should and shouldn't be mastery locked])which meant my pull was pretty much one shotting everything it touched. We could just make it so your Warframe must be a certain level to enter an area containing a certain level of enemies. BUT ONCE AGAIN that would also prohibit progress. This is a very touchy topic. Open to suggestions. 

Edited by Hearthwin

T4 Survival 60 minutes. Go.

Nightmare solo missions. Go.

Collect all weapons. Go.

Collect all frames. Go.

Collect all mods. Go.

Use an underused frame and out damage a Nova in a 60 minute Tower survival run by having over 65% damage dealt. Go.

There's a list of things for you to do.

Now, yes. More things need to be mastery locked, and Taxi'ing people to nodes should NOT open that node for the said person. I don't need to see rank 0's to rank 2's in Ceres, just so I can be handicapped and ress them over and over.

To be fair though, being power hungry and letting yourself get spoiled like that was kind of your fault. You did have the option of saying you wanted to explore things on your own. It's okay to ask for help, but to the extent of this? You lost out on a lot of nice moments.

Edit:

Oh and +1'd. This is a matter that needs attention to. There should be NO SHORTCUTS ALOUD in this game. Imagine having a pokemon instantly level 66 and listened to you at your second gym. All challenges and fun experiences of overcoming them are now lost.

Edited by Shuuro

I agree that there needs to be more MR locked items, but not nodes/planets or the Void/Derelicts.   I mentioned in a couple other threads that I shouldn't be locked out of game play just because I wasn't able to wall run.  (MR 8 test and it's bug that prevented some players from staying attached to the walls) 

Going into the Void and higher rank planets was your choice, and I agree that you shouldn't have been there, but, again, I don't believe that MR locking the planets/nodes or Void and Derelicts is the answer.   

Edited by Noamuth

What I hear you saying is you woke up in an alley in Bangkok Sechura, a bottle of absinthe empty at your side, a needle still stuck in your arm and a young Grineer who you can't tell if it's a boy or a girl dead at your feet.  Sure it was fun, but now you have to pay the price.

Edited by Yorinar

I've been playing for 1 month and 5 days.

Mastery rank 8.
244 hours.
I still have plenty to do. 
Why don't you?

I have a few more frames to build, a LOT of weapons, 77 more mods, 26 more missions, and I'm definitely still going. Not bored at all.

Edited by EverythingNagato

I've been playing for 1 month and 5 days.

Mastery rank 8.

244 hours.

I still have plenty to do. 

Why don't you?

I have a few more frames to build, a LOT of weapons, 77 more mods, 26 more missions, and I'm definitely still going. Not bored at all.

I'm still having fun, but A BIG CHUNK of it was lost to me (mostly my fault, but a small part due to the fact I could be taxied).

I'm still having fun, but A BIG CHUNK of it was lost to me (mostly my fault, but a small part due to the fact I could be taxied).

You lost your mission virginity, which doesn't count as all that much in this game. And in real life, losing your virginity always tries to be a big deal, and is expected to be a big deal.. but it really isn't. Consider yourself lucky you weren't given everything out of the get go.

Let's not sit all hoho GET RANK 16 FIRST LITTLE BOY. The game get's repetitive at rank 4 and you can go deep into survival at rank 3. You don't have to max everything in the game to get bored of the same thing over and over again. It's getting a lot better than it used to be. But to me rank 16 just means you have nothing left to do in warframe, but a lot to do in life

Please don't take Taxi'ing out of the game. DE has already taken appropriate steps to keeping low Rank players out of the higher rank area's via Taxi'ing.  Now when you're taxi'd, the node doesn't unlock so the player does not have a jumping off point on Ceres.  

Please don't take Taxi'ing out of the game. DE has already taken appropriate steps to keeping low Rank players out of the higher rank area's via Taxi'ing.  Now when you're taxi'd, the node doesn't unlock so the player does not have a jumping off point on Ceres.  

Thank god. I'm guessing players who have already been taxi'd will still have those missions unlocked?

Oh well. At least new players will have to work their way up the ladder now, the way it should be.