Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De: It's Time We Get An Allies Section In The Codex.

NightmareT12

As the topic title says. We know of Darvo, we know of the Red Veil, we know of The Lotus.

But at the same time we know absolutely nothing about them. We have no idea yet of what/or who the Lotus is, how she looks head under. We know not much of Darvo, and we absolutely not know anything about the Red Veil besides what the event told us.

The real point behind the idea is to give more presence to the Lore of Warframe, without necessarily needing events or story tibdits. It'd make the story present, you could give the characters/factions a brief description (actual description, that is. Poor Sargas Ruk has no Lore, no Description about his personality, no nothing, just a big gun), in the same way we have the Warframe entries: A diaroma of the characters with a description that could be, in time swapped for a Story tibdit (like the Excalibur entry) or updated according to the recent events (ie. Darvo escaping his father).

I think it'd make a great addition, so I hope it's considered.

Edited by NightmareT12

You kidding me? 

The whole codex is underused and nothing mut a mastery check list, mod drop list and mob hp databse. It has so few lore items in it and they are added so rarely that it really is sad.

You want an allies explanation section? How about just an enemy one. You know maybe to introduce new players to the bad guys they are fighting? We used to have one before the codex was added. Here have a look: 

WarframePublic0026_zps98650a52.png

WarframePublic0025_zpsdee6c92e.png

WarframePublic0028_zpsa544a4d3.png

Why oh Why these are still not in the game at the very least confuses me. 

Instead when new players ask me what they are fighting I have to say "Space Nazis, Space Robots and the flood from halo" because the game has no persitent lore to explain them to new players yet. Here is hoping on update 14 and Vor's prize...

Edited by MDRLOz

@MDRLoz: I know (loved those dioramas and tibdits back when I joined the game), I also believe they need to rework the Enemy pages. The thing is, with the UI as it is now how do you effectively do it? Add a lateral panel with each Faction, and tabs with Overview and specific units?

And as you say, the Codex has very few Lore elements into it. Hence what this would try to counter :)

Edited by NightmareT12

You kidding me? 

The whole codex is underused and nothing mut a mastery check list, mod drop list and mob hp databse. It has so few lore items in it and they are added so rarely that it really is sad.

You want an allies explanation section? How about just an enemy one. You know maybe to introduce new players to the bad guys they are fighting? We used to have one before the codex was added. Here have a look: 

Instead when new players ask me what they are fighting I have to say "Space Nazis, Space Robots and the flood from halo" because the game has no persitent lore to explain them to new players yet. Here is hoping on update 14 and Vor's prize...

Yes. I too have no clue why they were removed from the game. I mean, they're already there and written! Just hook them up!

I'd love an allies section in the codex too, but frankly, this game needs whoever handles the lore to sit down and start cranking out codex entries for things we already have like frames and enemies first. :(

Yes. I too have no clue why they were removed from the game. I mean, they're already there and written! Just hook them up!

I'd love an allies section in the codex too, but frankly, this game needs whoever handles the lore to sit down and start cranking out codex entries for things we already have like frames and enemies first. :(

My guess is that when they reworked the whole Codex concept they didn't even consider these. If they forgot or they discarded them for whatever reason, we might never know I guess.

if only  , this could happen . De only seems to drop lore in drips and through events / really big updates . 

I really do think that De hasn't really decided who the Tenno are what they represent / there place in the solar system  

and  it a sad statement that  if you want info u go to the wiki not the codex , and if u want to see current alerts / tenno conflicts u don't bother checking in game but go to a 3rd party site ( deathsnacks )

You kidding me? 

WarframePublic0026_zps98650a52.png

WarframePublic0025_zpsdee6c92e.png

WarframePublic0028_zpsa544a4d3.png

Yes I missed these terribly.

And Vor's Prize.