Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 13.8.5

[DE]Megan

They fixed that quite a while ago, "Made Nyx's absorb resist magnetic damage so that you can't generate endless damage by chaining absorbs." (From Hotfix 13.7.2)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/245835-hotfix-1372/

They didn't 'fix' that - they nerfed it.  What he was asking is why they didn't fix the fix yet. 

Making it resist all Magnetic damage instead of making it JUST resist other absorbs wasn't the right solution and many players are hoping this is resolved ASAP.

Edited by AZAG0TH

So no more health restores and no more energy restores and no more finisher moves. So question whats the point in having them. If you can't use them when you need them. Is there going to be a lotus messages to tell us? "Tenno oh by the way hope you had fun with the mission but your about to die. In 6 sec. you can heal. But you'll be dead in 3."

(edit) can Ash still blade storm while invisible and can Loki and Loki prime still melee while invisible and get the same damage buff. because they shouldn't because those are stealth kills aren't they and if timed right loki can do his finisher while invisible. Fair is Fair if its under name of balance right. And that would also cancel out switch teleport as well. Would it not??

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

There should be a known bugs page. A place we can see what you guys know about so we dont need to worry about stealth nerfs and other such things. A " To do" list would be really nice for the community. No room for stealthy trickery with nerfs and we could be excited about whats to come.

There will unfortunately always be people who will complain once a glitch/bug/exploit/game-breaking power they have been using is fixed.  I'm quite glad this is fixed, had one player spam quake in a defense mission for over an hour.  Was the most boring mission I've ever played.

If it bored you, you wouldn't have stayed there for an hour. You'd have left at wave 5.

Changes:

* Consumables can no longer be deployed while casting blocking abilities that toggle (SoundQuake, Absorb, etc).

* Stealth-finishers are no longer possible on crawlers being carried.

* Changed event scoring to prevent join-in-progress players getting a score they didn't run.

Fixes:

* Fixed lingering Absorb effects after Nyx has bled-out.

* Fixed a script error with Nyx's Chaos that would cause a power-in-use bug.

* Misc crash fixes.

* Misc localization fixes.

Can you at least make it so we can still pick up energy orbs with Carrier or which happen to fall on us when absorbing and the like?

because I have seen energy not counting at all when I am absorbing if carrier picks them up.

do you all get paid to say positive things about the worst ideas rolling out of these guys heads? I was always told you cant polish a turd but you guys sure are giving it a good go.

If you hate it so much, what is keeping you interested in this game?

Just move on if you don't enjoy it. There is no reason why you should ever come to this forum to post negative things.

Edited by Diabolist

I'd like to say if you don't have something good to say, don't say it. Weren't you taught that in school? If you really need to voice your concerns, at least make it constructive criticism. Also, you can technically polish a turd, shown by Mythbusters.

To you, and to people like you... I just want to say - die in lag. Being a reckless hater is bad, being a lobotimized liker is bad. But being a suck-up - that's much worse. Keep living in fluffy delusions and wonder, why do people despise you for it.

To you, and to people like you... I just want to say - die in lag. Being a reckless hater is bad, being a lobotimized liker is bad. But being a suck-up - that's much worse. Keep living in fluffy delusions and wonder, why do people despise you for it.

Indeed

They didn't 'fix' that - they nerfed it.  What he was asking is why they didn't fix the fix yet. 

Making it resist all Magnetic damage instead of making it JUST resist other absorbs wasn't the right solution and many players are hoping this is resolved ASAP.

^This. DE should have made it impossible for Absorb to absorb other Absorbs (LAWL). NOT making it "ignore" ALL sources of magnetic damage. That was either a lazy move on their parts, or they really didn't stop to reflect on the impact it would have on a larger scale. Which is plain dumb to be honest, it would have saved them both time and ressources, instead of making players *facepalm*, and rightfully so to boot.^^'

If you hate it so much, what is keeping you interested in this game?

Just move on if you don't enjoy it. There is no reason why you should ever come to this forum to post negative things.

"If you don't like this little chunk of the game then don't play the game!" *facepalm*

"There is no reason why you should ever come to this forum to post negative things." *facepalm²*

Yeah, because feedback, whether "positive" or "negative" is not the goal of forums. At all. And speaking your mind is baaaaad... Oh look! Another *facepalm*!

Basically this. Well I would have been less... "virulent"?^^'

But I'm in a good mood today so that may be the main reason why...

Edited by Marthrym

To you, and to people like you....I just want to say - Stop being an @$$. If you don't like others' opinions, then show your dislike in a more civil way. Posting hate like this makes it sound more like you're the one who is the reckless hater.

Keep it civil and remember: Not everyone likes what you like. Not everyone hates what you hate. Just because people are different from you doesn't mean they're "lobotomized".

Edited by SoulEchelon

I think the last hotfix broke the event... seems no one can score above 45 now, which means no prova vandal

It would be better if they counted the totals instead of the best scores since almost everyone on the major clans got boosted instead of playing fair and square.

That can solve everything!

So no more health restores and no more energy restores and no more finisher moves. So question whats the point in having them. If you can't use them when you need them. Is there going to be a lotus messages to tell us? "Tenno oh by the way hope you had fun with the mission but your about to die. In 6 sec. you can heal. But you'll be dead in 3."

...Did you even read the damn update? You can still use finisher moves, and health restores, and energy restores. You just cant get a buggy stealth finisher on a enemy that doesnt matter untill it gets dropped off by the ospreys. When the heck would you ever need to stealth finish the carry on of the poison ospreys over killing the osprey first? You also cant use restores on TOGGLED skills... so yea, if you're cheesing your way through with infinite absorb or other toggle skills rather than actually be good at the game and are butthurt because of it, good riddance, get over it. It was never intended to be a "feature."

They fixed that quite a while ago, "Made Nyx's absorb resist magnetic damage so that you can't generate endless damage by chaining absorbs." (From Hotfix 13.7.2)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/245835-hotfix-1372/

You didn't read my post then, did you? See below:

They didn't 'fix' that - they nerfed it. What he was asking is why they didn't fix the fix yet.

Correct. A sloppy, hopefully temporary, fix was used. We shouldn't settle for such a broken change. There are much better ways to fix the ability, rather than nerfing both the ability and a damage type. Edited by JimMoriarty11