The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Put A Stop To Switch And Pull

Renathy

What about loki's teleport? D: but really, it's no big deal, it rarely happens and when it does it's not like it can kill you or make you loose loot or something...

The complaint was about troll Lokis using for example Switch Teleport on you when you're waiting for teammates on the elevator. Then they activate the elevator and leave you behind.

I am guilty of doing this, mainly to stop people running to extraction when im looking for goodies on farming levels though. I don't think you can stop this as switching downed team mates is useful and switch is too good a power to take from loki, don't know about pull, don't use mag.

I am guilty of doing this, mainly to stop people running to extraction when im looking for goodies on farming levels though. I don't think you can stop this as switching downed team mates is useful and switch is too good a power to take from loki, don't know about pull, don't use mag.

so you go in the group environment so that you can... run around breaking open treasure boxes..and then because you're taking your time not being productive... you tp the ones who are...

so you go in the group environment so that you can... run around breaking open treasure boxes..and then because you're taking your time not being productive... you tp the ones who are...

No i go to know farming levels - pacific, thon, olla etc, and when 3 members of the team are looking for resources, which you may know are quite vital to making everything in this game. Then when one person runs ahead, killing the minimum just to get to the end of the level in record time so they can go onwards with their quest, THAT is when i switch them.

Rushing should be kept to boss levels.

Just Glad no one has caught on to me shooting the reinforced glass from just outside the room with my Lex( or the Luthor as I have been calling it,) and trapping my teammates in the room with draining shields.

Yes. Let's eliminate two skills simply because you dislike the way some people use them. Because there's absolutely no tactical value to these skills whatsoever and they can only be used for trolling purposes. Let's get rid of them immediately. Should DE refuse our demands, we shall begin the witch hunt!!

-.- Seriously

My personal opinion is that the powers should be kept as they are

I've cursed a few times when I was switched in the middle of the damn hordes

but then I took them out one by one (or all at a time) and strutted around, brushing my shoulders off with a cocky smirk.

I didn't thank the prick that did it. I mean, I was doing my part from a fair distance before being zapped in the middle of them

But it felt nice :D It felt we both outwitted and overwhelmed the enemies.

One of the rare occasions I would have both nodded in agreement and punched his face in at the same time.

anyway... it's fun... sometimes I felt the Grineer were doing it to me xD but it all worked out.

It's a useful trick and I don't think it should be nerfed or removed.

Also, I think it's one of the only powers that take into account friendly-fire...

In other news, we should think about new powers for new warframes, instead of belittling and/or diminishing the existing ones.

Oh also, people need to stop being A******s.

I think voice chat during missions would help avoid a lot of these situations in which a prick just rushes ahead, not even killing anything, and leaves the others behind (with hostages too) to struggle through, or shortens their looting or challenge-completion time...

• 2 weeks later...
DE, please, disable Pull on players! It serves absolutly no purpose and only used as griefing. I'm tired to be pulled just because someone is bored and it amuses them.

And if there are a dire situation when Mag can drag a downed teammate from a Toxic Ancient - make ONLY DOWNED player pullable.

Make those skills unable to target players, make them to target mobs only, people are using them to stop other squad members from looting and deny them access to the green lockers, these are skills that should not target players because this is a PVE game.

Make those skills unable to target players, make them to target mobs only, people are using them to stop other squad members from looting and deny them access to the green lockers, these are skills that should not target players because this is a PVE game.

Good bye mags saving my &#! when im dying... good bye lokis who saved me when im getting caught in a bad position..

Good bye mags saving my &#! when im dying... good bye lokis who saved me when im getting caught in a bad position..

Could be easily solved if they make those skills only to be available while engaged in combat, these skills can be active when the target is engaged in combat. That way the skill cannot be abused by jerks who think is OK to screw other members of the squad who have fought hard and sometimes more than the jerks using the skills for his own benefit instead of the benefit of the squad as a whole.

While I agree it is annoying being a slow class like Trinity, constantly doing my best to stay with the group and then being switch teleported by a Loki who was too lazy to use his vastly superior speed to join us, leaving me on the other end of a long section and having to slowly shuffle back to my group who is always moving forward and then finally making it back to only have the same thing happen again but we can't condemn Loki and Mag because some people want to abuse their abilities at the expense of others. It's not going to do any good and will most likely turn people away from these Warframes.

What I would like to see is a vote kick system. Obviously, some people won't care enough to do or say anything to make this a complete fix but as I implied above, the problem with Pull, Switch Teleport and any ability that has been exploited for trolling are the players, not the abilities themselves. Just my two cents.

I have two things to say on the matter.

The first is, those two skills, to begin with, are so niche that I don't even bother using them. They seem cool in theory, but in reality they're simply unpractical. I wouldn't mind seeing some improvements to their functionality so that they're less niche, if they were more useful you might see less people get bored and troll with them.

Second, you'll have trolling no matter what you do, but you guys don't even know the worst one. Saryn's Moult has infinite duration, has a hitbox that allies can't move through, can be cast at your exact location and position, and is very tanky as a result of Saryn herself being very tanky. There are some locations, such as one of the vents on the corpus ship tileset, where a well placed Moult can completely block anyone from getting through. The obvious solution is to make it not have collision for allies.

Considering that the one time I used loki's switch with another player that was way behind and was trying to catch up and they proceeded to get pissed at me for trying to help, it seems that it really might be easier to dump these skills.

Most people don't use them helpfully.  They don't have a great combat usage.  They have some tactical usage, but most of the time it's to save someone that has made their own mistakes.  They aren't bad skills, but they have a very limited amount of usability and get used more to harass people then to add value to the frames.

They probably just need some attention and more likely, extra powers could be developed that people might take instead of these abilities, but if the opportunity came to "weakest link" some powers or features of the game.  Pull and switch teleport would be my votes.  Unless of course the players could miraculously become better people and better players.

Switch is too useful with decoy for movement, it makes loki the fastest frame and gives him the ability to evade danger in a pinch.

It is also useful when ssomeonegets downed by a horde of ancients, pop a decoy at your location, go invis, switch with the downed player then switch with decoy. Gets your mate out of a sticky sitch and allows yiu to revive without toxics breathing down your neck. It seems only vanilla loki's troll as the novelty does wear off.

Possibly one solution for this is to simply add an option somewhere if you want 'movement' abilities from others to affect you.

If yes, then you can be pulled/switched per normal.

If no, then you will not be able to be moved, and the user will just get 'invalid target'.

That way you could turn it off if you don't trust random users, but could turn it back on if you're playing with friends/clan members who you know will use it appropriately.

- Note this option wouldn't affect things like Trinity's blessing.