Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cloth Physics

CTanGod

Not sure if this is the right section but whatever.

The cloth physics for warframes really need to be improved/changed since they constantly poke through your warframe. Now I know that Tenno are not considered solid objects when you want to run through them for obvious purposes of counter trolling but I believe items that have cloth physics such as a sayadana or Hydroid awesome beard tentacles should consider Tenno as solid objects (because we can clearly see that projectiles from weapons view tenno as solid objects since no matter how much punch through you have they will not pass through other tenno) since they constantly poke through tennos (Hydroid's beard) or move eraticaly (Zephyr's pig tails and sayadanas).

To answer your question:

sytp2h8.gif

Punch through sometimes works but you have to really aim it in the right place. Cloth and that kind of thing makes it quite difficult.

I see what you're saying though. I hope there is better collision detection on them to be honest. I love my Syandana's but the clipping man... the clipping.

Edited by Sutherland

I'd really just like Cloth Physics to FINALLY BE ADDED TO VOLT, TRINITY, AND FROST. .-.

Or am I the only one?

No, u are not the only one. :)

Besides frames being changed, some revamped cloth physics would also be great for better looking cosmetics and environmental assets.

I'd really just like Cloth Physics to FINALLY BE ADDED TO VOLT, TRINITY, AND FROST. .-.

Or am I the only one?

You are not alone, but I do want to point out. They promised the "Prize" mission forever ago and they are finally getting around to it. They promised cloth physics much later so, we have a while to wait. You are also forgetting DE has an attention span of a sparrow, they work on something then, jump to something else 1/4 the way through and then say "oh, we will revisit that later" Look at any major project on this game and you know that is 100% true. If they stopped now and "revisited every thing theyt need to and fully flushed it all out, they could probably launch a solid game, but the new shiny project is "just around the corner"

Our resources are tied up in a few other systems at the moment. We'll be revisiting cloth physics in the future though.

1 year later...

Scratch that, expect it in 2 years. Either way it's reasonably irritating seeing Trinity's static tail and Frost's distinct 'stick' in the back of his coat.