Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On The "rubedo Plated Skins"

Silversilaa

Question

As the title would suggest, I would like to ask the Warframe community what are their views on the Summer Sales Rubedo items. Personally I was lucky and got a Rubedo Plated Vipers from a badge (I was number 14). But recently I viewed the community sales on steam and saw that they were going around 200+USD (Now 100+USD), and thought it was kind of peculiar that they were going for such a high price. So what are your thoughts on the matter?

(Side note, I'm new here and I read the sticky but couldn't figure out if this was in General Discussion or Player to Player. If its in the wrong thread I apologise)

http://m.imgur.com/8fxi3FV (Rubedo Plated Vipers)

23 answers to this question

There's a decent number of them listed for 39-50ish atm.  Seems like there are more of them (or more put up for sale) than there were of the phased ankyros.

Edited by Aggh

There's a decent number of them listed for 39-50ish atm.

Yeah I dunno.  I'm a Warframe enthusiast, but $39-50 for a skin for vipers is too much swag for swagger sake.  That's a whole other game for me.  The Vipers aren't really so great either.  They were awesome around update 6-8, but meh afterwards.

If you ask me the real gems are the Rhino, Galatine and Drakgoon skins.  I'd actually use those regularly and while you don't get those "I'm 1337" feels since they are common, they're very nice looking and well made.

Yeah I dunno.  I'm a Warframe enthusiast, but $39-50 for a skin for vipers is too much swag for swagger sake.  That's a whole other game for me.  The Vipers aren't really so great either.  They were awesome around update 6-8, but meh afterwards.

If you ask me the real gems are the Rhino, Galatine and Drakgoon skins.  I'd actually use those regularly and while you don't get those "I'm 1337" feels since they are common, they're very nice looking and well made.

Eh it's still better than the $250 that some people paid for them.  Personally all I care about are the Rhino, Galantine, and the syandana.  And those are plenty cheap and only getting cheaper.

Edited by Aggh

I'm hoping to nab them when they're nice and cheap, like the Phased Skins are-- or at least, the more common ones. The Rubedo-Plated skins look really nice, but I'm not that into Steam so there's no way I'm going to try my hand at badge-crafting. Steam also isn't allowing me to purchase anything from the market because I haven't bought anything from them in over a year, so I got Psychonauts for like four dollars or something and am now waiting until I can buy the skins off the market.

As said above, they're only getting cheaper, which means that by the time I can head back to the Steam Market, they should all be nice and ripe like the tomatoes they are.

I hate the Twin Vipers anyway. I wanted the Galatine skin but I just went with the Rhino Rubedo skin and the Yamako Rubedo skin.

I spent little money but I really love the nice texture on the Rhino Skin :D

Edited by Sutherland

As the title would suggest, I would like to ask the Warframe community what are their views on the Summer Sales Rubedo items. Personally I was lucky and got a Rubedo Plated Vipers from a badge (I was number 14). But recently I viewed the community sales on steam and saw that they were going around 200+USD (Now 100+USD), and thought it was kind of peculiar that they were going for such a high price. So what are your thoughts on the matter?

(Side note, I'm new here and I read the sticky but couldn't figure out if this was in General Discussion or Player to Player. If its in the wrong thread I apologise)

http://m.imgur.com/8fxi3FV (Rubedo Plated Vipers)

Like 12 hours ago I saw them going for $3 on the market.

The Rubedo items are ALL Badass because they are still colorable while retaining the awesome shiny rippling Rubedo effect
This effect is VERY nice in the login screen :)

Last years 'phased' items were nice but none of them were modifiable at all!

Also, the prices will all come down the more of the items are 'crafted'  I.E  The Vipers are only about 40 now ..down from over 200 lol

I think it's also good to keep in mind that when they are in the market for ~50 this doesn't mean they are bought for that price. The priced is based on "rarity" more then "demand". Three type of people will buy these skins for anything over 10: steam-sale-collectors, hardcore viper fans and those that just don't pay attention. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

As a dad with a son who likes his vipers, I would buy them for 15.. as a present.. that would work. He'd be thrilled. But for me? Hell, I even thought the galatine too much already and bought the rhino skin for 0.05...

in closing... HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS SKIN.... :D