Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BRONCO vs STRUN vs BOAR

makaizer

Which is better? I decided to buy a shotgun since their ammo is frighin everywhere, unlike my rifle. So i need suggestions, ive heard players saying bronco i beast, but with only two ammo per clip, im not so sure :( , strun however has the same power but with more ammo per clip, and then theres the boar, half the strength of a strun, but with double clip and a higher rate of fire. Opinions please :D

Bronco is a pistol, so that is out of the equation.

Strun has higher base damage - which means more ammo efficiency.

HEK has even higher base damage, though.

The Boar is probably the weakest of the three shotguns - shoots too much ammo for not enough damage, compared to the Strun or the Hek.

Like the others have mentioned go for the Hek.

And then you can still get the Bronco, it uses pistol ammo so that's a plus you also don't have to aim with it and when modded it can have atleast 100% its starting clip at the same reload or faster.

I was wondering - is the Bronco using pistol ammo a design decision, or a bug? It has a ridiculously high damage/shot ratio compared to other pistols (say, Lato) and if you can hold ~150+ "pistol" shots for a shotgun, and then equip a different main weapon, it's almost like having two mainhands (say, SMG and shotgun).

Then again, I recently picked up the Sicarus, and it's basically like having the Burston equipped in your pistol slot with a smaller clip...

BOAR is the best(cheap)(HEK shouldn't be in the contest imo, it's too good.). BOAR has a high rate of fire, and with the right mods one shot kills. Strun blows, it takes too long to reload and has a low rate of fire.

But really it depends on the situation you're in, if you're trying to snipe with a boar you're doing it wrong. REally I think it's a machinegun-shotgun.

Bronco is a pistol, not a shotgun. It's arguably the best pistol in the game, I think it's accuracy should be reduced.

Edited by ZEDD

the STRUN is my classic and one of my favorites, it's great for all around and can be upgraded to be used for all enviroments and enemies.

(Fires more pellets in one shot than the BOAR also has a severe lack of critical chance)

the BOAR once upgraded is the best weapon to drain shields, and deal with infested/Light targets.

(Fires less pellets, Higher crit chance, faster fire rate )

the BRONCO is a great Side arm that basically is a mini STRUN put together with the shells of the BOAR

( Small Clip size, packs a punch, quick fire rate )

the HEK is a great shotgun as well, however it's a mix of all three shotguns and sends enemies flying.

( Small Clip size, less pellets, high crit chance and less spread than all the shotguns. )