The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Completing The Challenge Missions Should Reward Credits

Naked

As of now (04/12/13 12:40 PM PST), challenge missions do not have much incentive to finish or attempt. 500 affinity is nice, but it seems rather troublesome to complete or attempt when playing a mission.

As an incentive to complete these challenge missions, a credit reward of 200-400 could be added, depending on the difficulty of the challenge mission, could be added.

Edited by Naked

I... believe they do reward a small amount of credits o,0

If I recall, after you finish a mission, after completing a challenge, you'll see the credit number that you've received is larger than the amount stated before selecting the mission.

That amount of credits listed at the end is total gained through the mission, Challenges currently as far as I can tell simply award 500 affinity, regardless of complexity of the challenge, which in and of itself seems wrong. Example kill 30 enemies versus Hack one terminal, which one seems easier to pull off when grouped?

Edited by Drayvin

That amount of credits listed at the end is total gained through the mission, Challenges currently as far as I can tell simply award 500 affinity, regardless of complexity of the challenge, which in and of itself seems wrong. Example kill 30 enemies versus Hack one terminal, which one seems easier to pull off when grouped?

30 kills if the mission doesn't have a terminal to hack :P

I mostly ignore the challenges unless it's something I was doing anyway. If they paid money I'd actually try...I never seem to have enough of that!

30 kills if the mission doesn't have a terminal to hack :P

I mostly ignore the challenges unless it's something I was doing anyway. If they paid money I'd actually try...I never seem to have enough of that!

Agreed. Credits are so hard to come by these days. I wish I had enough to use all my fusion cores!

I think that's a great idea.  I also like the idea of scaling it.  Using abilities is easy, but getting slide kills on higher missions can be quite difficult, so earning a different amount would be a great incentive.

Westmin, on 12 Apr 2013 - 1:49 PM, said:

I think that's a great idea. I also like the idea of scaling it. Using abilities is easy, but getting slide kills on higher missions can be quite difficult, so earning a different amount would be a great incentive.

Thanks for replying (:

Well I always do them, and will continue to do them either way. But maybe that's because I'm always leveling up new things.

In the unlikely circumstance that one day everything in my arsenal is at level 30 (and that this happens before we can customize reset weapons), a credit reward would be the only reason I'd do it, I suppose.

But a greater variety of challenges would be nice too, as well as fixing the bug where challenge progress is sometimes never recorded (most noticeable with the Power and Uber challenges).