Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Vs Rhino

(PSN)Suhn-Sol-Jashin

Okay, so a friend and I did the correct math, and we pretty much found out that Valkyr is better than Rhino in terms of "tanki-ness". This is all assuming both characters are using the Energy Siphon Aura Mod, though the Valkyr could get away with it by using the Steel Charge Aura Mod.

At maxed out Steel Fiber and maxed out Vitality mods, the Valkyr gets "effectively" 4700 hp, disregarding shields.

At maxed out Steel Fiber and maxed out Vitality mods AND power strength maximized, the Rhino gets "effectively" 4748 hp, disregarding shields.

Now, you realize that the Rhino has 48 more hp, however... the problem with this, is that you're using an ability, and you're using 77.5 energy to just barely PEAK over the Valkyr's bonuses with mods alone.

However, if the Valkyr uses Hysteria, which costs 100 energy, she restores 5% of the damage she does, as health and with power duration mods, increases it to 77.1 seconds of invincibility and health restoration attacks.

The only thing Valkyr has to worry about is gaining back the health she loses while she's in Hysteria by doing damage.

As in you found out Valkry can literally become impervious to any and all forms of damage for or long amount of time? 

I did the comparison of the armor advantages of both characters. My friend argued that the Rhino is better because of Iron Skin... but that's not true, because the Valkyr HAS as much health as the Rhino, even with Iron Skin.

Rhino  + Iron Skin + (Roar + Melee with Life Strike) x Potato  = Male version of Valk.

S'ok

Except you have nothing to counter the Valkyr's invincibility, so... not really the male version at all.

Should note that part of rhino's long term survival is his stomp ability freezing enemies but I don't think you can accurately quantify that as it's context dependent.

In terms of pure damage absorption I believe Trinity Link+Bless outdoes Rhino Ironskin.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

I did the comparison of the armor advantages of both characters. My friend argued that the Rhino is better because of Iron Skin... but that's not true, because the Valkyr HAS as much health as the Rhino, even with Iron Skin.

Except you have nothing to counter the Valkyr's invincibility, so... not really the male version at all.

Yes you do.   Streamline + Flow + Fleeting = Iron Skin for days.  Don't forget Max Intensify and Blind Rage.  This is the only way I play Rhino now, which is a Roar Build Rhino w/ Life Strike.  

Edit:  You just reminded me, I need to Forma my Rhino just to make the above build sweeter.  

I do understand your point though.  Valk can mos def out last Rhino if you put them next to each other and let some high level Grineer shoot a way.

Edited by Ishki88

Okay, so a friend and I did the correct math, and we pretty much found out that Valkyr is better than Rhino in terms of "tanki-ness". This is all assuming both characters are using the Energy Siphon Aura Mod, though the Valkyr could get away with it by using the Steel Charge Aura Mod.

At maxed out Steel Fiber and maxed out Vitality mods, the Valkyr gets "effectively" 4700 hp, disregarding shields.

At maxed out Steel Fiber and maxed out Vitality mods AND power strength maximized, the Rhino gets "effectively" 4748 hp, disregarding shields.

Now, you realize that the Rhino has 48 more hp, however... the problem with this, is that you're using an ability, and you're using 77.5 energy to just barely PEAK over the Valkyr's bonuses with mods alone.

However, if the Valkyr uses Hysteria, which costs 100 energy, she restores 5% of the damage she does, as health and with power duration mods, increases it to 77.1 seconds of invincibility and health restoration attacks.

The only thing Valkyr has to worry about is gaining back the health she loses while she's in Hysteria by doing damage.

You forgot to add in Warcry's armor bonus. Its a better comparison as it doesn't nerf her damage output.

@Ishki88 The difference being Rhino while in Ironskin can shoot back at targets that are at distance while Valkyr can not, the real test would be to have a Rhino in Ironskin stand at one door with melee only while Valkyr stands at another door and have the same number and type of enemies come at them, that will really tell you who can last longer, with Rhino only using one cast of Ironskin, that would be the real test.

@Ishki88 The difference being Rhino while in Ironskin can shoot back at targets that are at distance while Valkyr can not, the real test would be to have a Rhino in Ironskin stand at one door with melee only while Valkyr stands at another door and have the same number and type of enemies come at them, that will really tell you who can last longer, with Rhino only using one cast of Ironskin, that would be the real test.

Valkyr can still shoot back while using Warcry.

Max HP Valkyr with a rage mod with a DPS melee weapon and life strike with warcry is one of the best builds for Valkyr. As long as you are killing things and taking damage you have all the energy you will ever need. Speed mods are also great to have with the melee aura on this build.

You forgot to add in Warcry's armor bonus. Its a better comparison as it doesn't nerf her damage output.

What does nerf her damage output?

And I was more or less comparing Valkyr's steel fiber and vitality mods in comparison to Rhino which needs Iron Skin to keep up.

I am curious now about Warcry, because that adds (I'm assuming to the base stat) 300 armor, which would be 1560 armor total.

Max HP Valkyr with a rage mod with a DPS melee weapon and life strike with warcry is one of the best builds for Valkyr. As long as you are killing things and taking damage you have all the energy you will ever need. Speed mods are also great to have with the melee aura on this build.

I have a speed mod, thanks for the advice.

She can not use any weapons while she is in Hysteria that is one of the drawbacks of hysteria, that was in response to the above statement about letting Grineer shoot both.

She does massive melee damage and has life steal on hit. Lol.

She does too have weapons, just not ranged ones.

But that's irrelevant because she doesn't even need Hysteria to match Iron Skin in terms of health and armor.

Edited by (PS4)Suhn-Sol-Jashin

Why do people even compare warframes?

You like playing rhino? Good, play as rhino

You like playing valkyr? Good, play as valkyr

This should be the only reason of preferring one frame over another.

Why do people even compare warframes?

You like playing rhino? Good, play as rhino

You like playing valkyr? Good, play as valkyr

This should be the only reason of preferring one frame over another.

Except it's not the only reason. I'm not fighting your reasoning, I'm just stating the facts about each warframe in comparison to each other.

Edited by (PS4)Suhn-Sol-Jashin

Everyone always forgets Zephyr. You all know with Turbulence she is one of the tankiest frames in the game...

Where as Iron Skin is shredded in seconds in T4 Zephyr can effectively block bullets for well over 30 seconds. and her mobility allows her to avoid hits as well.

Edited by JDBriggsBlader

What does nerf her damage output?

And I was more or less comparing Valkyr's steel fiber and vitality mods in comparison to Rhino which needs Iron Skin to keep up.

I am curious now about Warcry, because that adds (I'm assuming to the base stat) 300 armor, which would be 1560 armor total.

Hysteria gimps her damage output.

With maxxed mods (Blind Rage, Intensify, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber, Redirection, Guardian)

Rhino:

Iron Skin - 2748

Shields - 1290 (Then x2 because of Guardian for a total of 2580)

Armour - 399

Effective Health Pool - 2003

Total Effective Health (Ignoring secondary Guardian procs every 30 seconds and potentially infinite recasts of Iron Skin) = 7331

Valkyr:

Shields - 430 (Then x2 because of Guardian for a total of 860)

Armour - 2702 (Amped by max power Strength Warcry)

Effective Health Pool - 8605

Total Effective Health (Ignoring secondary Guardian every 30 seconds) = 9465

So yeah... Valkyr does look to be the superior tank. Then you realize, high Efficiency Rhino can spam out those 2.7k Iron Skins consistently, can completely prevent incoming damage with Stomp and doesn't ever have to stop using his OP guns.

While Valkyr will be slowly whittled down on health (With enough Shields to survive a recast of Iron Skin, Rhino never has to take direct health damage) unless she uses Life Strike or Hysteria. Both options reduce combat effectiveness - Both in terms of damage (Currently. Hopefully U14's update also fixes the damage scaling or rather the lack thereof) and in versatility (Flying enemies = Bad time)

So yeah... Also due to the way that the frames work, it's possible to stay pretty much max effectiveness without running all the defensive mods - For example, Rhino can go without Vitality + Steel Fiber if he keeps up with application of Iron Skin (By monitoring his shields when it runs out) and Valkyr can go without Redirection as the increase to her shields is pretty pathetic due to the low base amount.