Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Vs Rhino

(PSN)Suhn-Sol-Jashin

The way I see it Valkyr and Rhino serve different purposes. Rhino's just an all around good frame, jack of all trades master of none kind of deal. He has CC, but not as good as Vauban or Nyx. He can take some damage, but not as well as Valkyr or Trinity. He can boost damage for the party, but not as well as Banshee or nova. He really isn't a tank frame, nor is he a support frame or a damage frame. He's the bard of Warframe.... but like... less artsy. Now Valkyr is straight tank and spank. Her "CC" is only an extension of her tanking and damaging roles, and her buff is also pretty much geared to do that. Sure it can help people, but she really just helps people by helping herself. She's a good solo frame.

why does hp and armor matter? valkyr could have -10000 armor and still be tankier than rhino solely because she has a move that can last over  1 minute and makes her invincible?

Rage+Life Strike. Hysteria is nice an all but really Valkyr is best with Life Strike. So the more health and armor you got, the more energy you get. Couldn't be simpler.

why does hp and armor matter? valkyr could have -10000 armor and still be tankier than rhino solely because she has a move that can last over  1 minute and makes her invincible?

I honestly don't even have hysteria equipped in my current build. It might give you invincibility, but it limits your awareness a lot; it's hard to know what is going on. Also you lose a lot of attack range by using her claws instead of your weapon. You also lose damage from what I can tell. I find often warcry is a viable emergency button. It debuffs enemies enough and buffs your armor enough to give you a chance to recover your health with life strike and rezz your fallen teammates.

I don't disagree with her being a good frame. But OP she is not. Once Hysteria gets its new animations (and hopefully a buff to its damage mechanics) I'll play her a lot more.

Hysteria needs to drop invi and add something useful...

If adding combos goes like it did for melee 2.0 then she might be losing a ton of DPS VS her float fisting

I understand that but I am referring to that moment when you might get caught off-guard when link is down. Or there is enough space between spawns in Nightmare mode with energy drain that you have no target for EV. If energy is not an issue, I would take Trinity over Valkyr any day for group play. But when stuff really gets ugly and unexpected things happen, Valkyr is more likely to survive.

I dont think thatll be too common an issue between link and Blessing but it is possible

...Invincibility isn't useful...?

Not when your DPS and AoE potential drop to near nothing

And not when youre relying on a crutch or becoming nothing more than a revive tool because your damage output is too poor to be anything but a distraction

And not when youre relying on a crutch or becoming nothing more than a revive tool because your damage output is too poor to be anything but a distraction

Sooooo why not keep the invincibility and just buff the damage/have it be affected by power strength mods? The invincibility's the only real thing that makes Hysteria an ult imo.

Sooooo why not keep the invincibility and just buff the damage/have it be affected by power strength mods? The invincibility's the only real thing that makes Hysteria an ult imo.

Or remove it since any free invincibility, especially that long, is a bad game mechanic to have

She could get DR so she can be practically invincible with melee and get the advantage of sustainable channeling for even more damage

Warframe which can Stomp hard enough to break time versus the "victim" waframe which has the ultimate power of suffer a personality disorder at will.

I still don't see why she is not completely dropped yet and grappling hook became a consumable item like it should be. You can talk all you want but Valkyr is just "grappling hook frame" no matter how much effort goes into her animations melee as ultimate just doesn't cut it.

This is most certainly an ad hominem argument.

I didn't know that 35k damage is nothing more than a distraction. Maybe I should rework my build.

Rhino could if he wanted to, Recast iron skin??

and.....  Valkyr has a button that makes her take 0 damage for 50-90 seconds.....   so this tanking argument is rendered pointless.

If you want a rezbot, to pick your Nyx back up, nothing beats, total immunity to damage!

Past a certain point, it doesn't matter how much health you have, you get killed by everything in 1 hit.

and if your just standing there taking it on your 3000 health....  your already dead.

Putting both range mods on rhino stomp, along with fleeting/streamline and using it every 9 seconds on cool-down, in small rooms will mean you shouldn't ever get shot at, so your tanking stats ......  ???

Most of the time I do 60m+ surv or defense, the players with me have no shield or health mods on

Edited by Tatersail

Rhino could if he wanted to, Recast iron skin??

and.....  Valkyr has a button that makes her take 0 damage for 50-90 seconds.....   so this tanking argument is rendered pointless.

If you want a rezbot, to pick your Nyx back up, nothing beats, total immunity to damage!

Past a certain point, it doesn't matter how much health you have, you get killed by everything in 1 hit.

and if your just standing there taking it on your 3000 health....  your already dead.

Putting both range mods on rhino stomp, along with fleeting/streamline and using it every 9 seconds on cool-down, in small rooms will mean you shouldn't ever get shot at, so your tanking stats ......  ???

Most of the time I do 60m+ surv or defense, the players with me have no shield or health mods on

That doesn't work too well when enemies spawn outside the range of your stomp or spawn after you cast. If you're trying to bring up pure ability tanking, Excalibur does it better than Rhino.

I'm curious what you mean by this.

Exactly what I typed.

Stomp: 

-Only affects enemies within its AoE when cast. 

-Does not affect enemies who wander into its original AoE after it has been cast.

-Can not be recast until the effects of the first cast have ended.

Radial Blind:

-Only affects enemies within its AoE when cast.

-Does not affect enemies who wander into its original AoE after it has been cast.

-Can be recast anytime after the initial stun.

durability,

valkyr > rhino

useful to a team

valkyr < rhino 

valkyr can be vary hard to kill but she offers her team nothing other then someone who can be invincible wile getting downed team mates.

the rhino roar however can be argued to be just as effective as mova mal prime when built for duration and power strength, that combined with the CC on his stomp make him a great asset to a team.

durability,

valkyr > rhino

useful to a team

valkyr < rhino 

valkyr can be vary hard to kill but she offers her team nothing other then someone who can be invincible wile getting downed team mates.

the rhino roar however can be argued to be just as effective as mova mal prime when built for duration and power strength, that combined with the CC on his stomp make him a great asset to a team.

I have to disagree

Without hysteria she can act as a frontal assualt

Any wave incoming shell charge through and stop where it stands with her mele

Im 100% positive that the reason people find Valkyr underwhelming is the lack of proper melee weapon mod load outs

I still hit 30-40% damage  when next to novas in defenses and dont use a max damage build because its less efficient than a status based build