Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Hard Light Frame Concept.

Flackenstien

Name: ARTEMIS (Name is up for debate, give me suggestions. Preferably names of goddesses of light.)

Playstyle: Generate Hard Light to suit your offensive, defensive, and mobility needs!

Appearance: Ornate, pure white, with many blue Hard Light panels, and armor pieces. 

Approximate Stats:

HP: 75.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

Power: 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

Armor: 65

Shields: 150 (450.0 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Stamina: 100

Polarities: 1x Dash, 1x V

Aura Polarity: Dash

Abilities:

● JAVELIN OF LIGHT

Cost: 25 Energy

Launches a javelin of light to wherever you are aiming that deals 200/250/300/600 Puncture damage, and 100/150/175/200 Slash damage.

Has 0.5/1/1.5/2 meter Punch Through, launches corpses like bows, and Blinds any enemy it hits for 3/4/5/6 seconds.

Damage, and Punch Through range is affected by Power Strength.

Blind duration is affected by Power Duration.

● PHOTON WALL

Cost: 50 Energy

Instantly deploys a small wall of light before you, (with roughly the same size & shape of a wooden door), that blocks incoming fire for 12/14/16/18 seconds.

Blinds enemies infront of it within 8/10/12/15 meters for 1 second, (at all levels), upon creation.

Most enemy fire is reflected back with a 50/100/150/200% multiplier.

Can be shot through by Tenno, but does not affect damage.

At the end of the duration, the wall explodes for 100/150/200/300 Radiation damage within a few meters that also Blinds enemies within 5/8/10/12 meters for 1/1/2/3 seconds.

Virtually no cast time, much like Saryn's Molt.

Multiple Walls can be placed (there is a recast delay of 1~3 seconds, though).

The wall could be intangible to avoid exploits.

Wall size, and explosion radius are affected by Power Range.

Wall, and blind duration are effected by Power Duration.

Damage reflection, and explosion damage are affected by Power Strength.

● HARDLIGHT BRIDGE

Cost: 50 Energy

Violently extends a 6/7/8/10(?) meter bridge of hard light that deals 150/200/250/300 Slash damage, and 100/150/200/300 Radiation damage to enemies in its path with a high Slash status proc chance.

The bridge is placed in the direction you are aiming, although from a lower perspective.

Can be used as a tool to traverse the map.

Duration of 12/14/16/18 seconds.

Multiple bridges can be placed.

At the end of the duration, the bridge explodes for 100/150/200/300 Radiation damage within a few meters that also Blinds enemies within 5/8/10/12 meters for 1/1/2/3 seconds.

Bridge size, and explosion radius are affected by Power Range.

Bridge, and blind duration are effected by Power Duration.

Initial, and explosion damage are affected by Power Strength.

● SOLAIS STORM

Cost: 100 Energy

Creates swords of light that, after a Blinding spawn animation, pierce nearby enemies for 500/600/700/800 Puncture, and 100/200/300/400 Radiation damage. (Swords are spawned infront/above of enemies, rather than launched from the Warframe.)

Range of 8/10/12/15 meters.

Afterwards, the swords will continue to attack nearby enemies, (starting with survivors of the first attack), for 50/100/150/200 Slash, and 25/50/75/100 Radiation damage, for a total of 1/2/3/4 attacks per sword at a rate of 1 attack per sword every 2 seconds. 

If that's a bit much as is, then make it so swords that successfully kill an enemy disappear.  

Damages are affected by Power Strength.

Radius is affected by Power Range.

Number of additional attacks per sword is affected by Power Duration.

Edited by Flackenstien

Or Apollo?

I thought about that but it sounded boring...   Also Apollo is god of a ton of things... Of the top of my head, light, sun, prophecy healing, archery, music, etc.

Hyperion Is just the Titan god of light (correct me if I'm wrong)

Lastly, Hyperion sounds way more badass than Apollo

(I have no idea why last line has black text? WTF forums)

Edited by (PS4)killerbunny53

Actually, i feel a female frame could fit the role better. Sure, Hyperion would make more sense, but he is the god of light, not HARD light. hardlight is strong, focused beams that are parallel to a source. Now, im assuming your talking about hardlight like in Halo 4, then in that case, the hardlight would be solid projectiles of energy able to be utilized as weaponry, transportation, and basically allows light to be transformed into a solid state.

Overall i like the idea, but here are some changes i think could be made:

Armor should be around 70-80, due to the fact that she is able to use hardlight. This should result in a fast warframe with high armor and shields, but minimal health and power strength. With a max flow her energy pool should be around 280-300.

Her abilties i really like, maybe different names for the hardlight bridge, as it sounds kind of mainstream.

For Solaris storm i think the blades should not be able to attack enemies after it wears off, but rather work something like ashes blade storm with oberons smite and nyx' psychic bolts. Have them move about, attacking and impaling enemies, then when they wear off, each creates small radiation procs to nearby enemies.

For Photon Wall, rather instead of a wall, make her appear to wear an armor made out of hardlight. Something like iron skin, but less powerful and cooler looking. I could do some prototype drawings of it if you like, just to get a general idea.

Will edit this post when more ideas come to mind.

1.) Actually, i feel a female frame could fit the role better.

2.) I'm assuming your talking about hardlight like in Halo 4..

3.) Overall i like the idea, but here are some changes i think could be made:

Armor should be around 70-80, due to the fact that she is able to use hardlight. This should result in a fast warframe with high armor and shields, but minimal health and power strength. With a max flow her energy pool should be around 280-300.

4.) Her abilties i really like, maybe different names for the hardlight bridge, as it sounds kind of mainstream.

5.) For Solaris storm i think the blades should not be able to attack enemies after it wears off, but rather work something like ashes blade storm with oberons smite and nyx' psychic bolts. Have them move about, attacking and impaling enemies, then when they wear off, each creates small radiation procs to nearby enemies.

6.) For Photon Wall, rather instead of a wall, make her appear to wear an armor made out of hardlight. Something like iron skin, but less powerful and cooler looking. I could do some prototype drawings of it if you like, just to get a general idea.

1.) I definitely envisioned the frame as a female, it's just what comes first when I think "light" frame.

2.) Yes, it's the same kind of hard light seen in games like Halo or Portal.

3.) Eh, I envisioned her as a more frail ornate frame that, due to her capacity to control light/energy, has good energy shields. Thus also leading me to give her high Power Max.

4.) I'm down for name suggestions, my naming sense usually isn't all that great.

5.) It's actually Solais, an Irish mythological sword of light.

Well, I do have them move about.. After the initial puncture, the blades chase enemies with slashing attacks.

I'd rather not have it be like Smite or Psy Bolts, my way lets them be much more reliable.

6.) I'd prefer it to be kept as a placeable barrier, like Electric Shield or Snow Globe, only with a different role due to its shape and effect. I should also note that it has basically no cast animation, like Saryn's molt.

Thanks for the input.

Edited by Flackenstien

Actually, i feel a female frame could fit the role better. Sure, Hyperion would make more sense, but he is the god of light, not HARD light. hardlight is strong, focused beams that are parallel to a source. Now, im assuming your talking about hardlight like in Halo 4, then in that case, the hardlight would be solid projectiles of energy able to be utilized as weaponry, transportation, and basically allows light to be transformed into a solid state.

Her abilties i really like, maybe different names for the hardlight bridge, as it sounds kind of mainstream.

For Solaris storm i think the blades should not be able to attack enemies after it wears off, but rather work something like ashes blade storm with oberons smite and nyx' psychic bolts. Have them move about, attacking and impaling enemies, then when they wear off, each creates small radiation procs to nearby enemies.

For Photon Wall, rather instead of a wall, make her appear to wear an armor made out of hardlight. Something like iron skin, but less powerful and cooler looking. I could do some prototype drawings of it if you like, just to get a general idea.

Only issue with it being a female in this instance is that almost every female frame is weak compared to male frames. It seems a bit sexist to make damn near every Female a glass cannon. I'm all for this frame being a female but give her standard stats across the board and maybe some extra sprint speed to make her more agile along with the increased shields and energy.

Edited by Kestral9999

1.) I definitely envisioned the frame as a female, it's just what comes first when I think "light" frame.

2.) Yes, it's the same kind of hard light seen in games like Halo or Portal.

3.) Eh, I envisioned her as a more frail ornate frame that, due to her capacity to control light/energy, has good energy shields. Which also lead me to give her high max power.

4.) I'm down for name suggestions, my naming sense usually isn't all that great.

5.) It's actually Solais, an Irish mythological sword of light. Well, I do have them move about. After the initial puncture, the blades chase enemies with slashing attacks. I'd rather not have it like Smite or Psy Bolts, my way lets them be more reliable.

6.) I'd prefer it to be kept as a placeable barrier, like Electric Shield or Snow Globe, only with a different role due to its shape and effect. I should also note that it has basically no cast animation, like Saryn's molt.

Thanks for the input.

1) Female could be good, but it should be high energy ~450 Max and mobility levels around the level of Loki and RhinoPrime+Vangaurd... Average Shield capacity, and low health. 

2) If it's a her call her Eos, if it's a male call him Hyperion  Since those are both Sun Deities.

3)When I saw Solais I knew what you meant.  Great for using something original... Most people would call it  light sword lol

4)Placeable Barrier no, I like the HardLight armor idea better

Hardlight armor yes! kind of light glowing no too bright.  I think if she had average-high energy and fast move speed, but below average shields and low health this would work perfect

Artemis is a Greek godess of light, so I went with that.

I am personally satisfied with her stats, and.. @Kestrel9999, we have Saryn, Valkyr, Zephyr, all quite tanky female frames.

As for Artemis's second ability, it's staying as a wall, sorry. 
Having a hard light barrier was my main inspiration for the frame to begin with, and having it be hard light armor would just turn her into another Rhino/Valkyr/oldEmber. 
I prefer the quick reflective barrier.

Update: I added a 1 second blind upon placement of the barrier.

Edited by Flackenstien

I am personally satisfied with her stats, and.. @Kestrel9999, we have Saryn, Valkyr, Zephyr, all quite tanky female frames.

Having a hard light barrier was my main inspiration for the frame to begin with, and having it be hard light armor would just turn her into another Rhino/Valkyr/oldEmber. 

Zephyr and Valkyr are the definition of glass cannons. Saryn is the exception.

Zephyr isn't even a cannon, she has 1 purpose-made damaging ability. 

She's a highly mobile frame with high shields, and immunity to enemy gunfire. Tanky enough.

Valkyr has the highest armor in the game, and an ulti that shrugs off all damage.. she's the tankiest frame, in that sense.

As for Artemis, I see the barrier as more fitting.

She's not meant to be tanky herself, that's what her wall, bridge, and blinding abilities are for..

Please don't insist on the hard light armor, it's just not for her. (Lore wise, her hard light is why her shields are 150 to begin with.)

Edited by Flackenstien

Artemis is greek goddess of the hunt, the hills and forest, the moon, and also the goddess of childbirth and virginity... She had nothing to do with the sun or light.   Zeus and Leto had 2 children: Apollo (Sun god and more) and Artemis.  Artemis' Brother is the other sun god besides Hyperion.   I know my mythology and anywhere you look it up you will see the same...  Please do get your history right before you try and correct people

Overall besides name a great frame:)

The armor seems more well suited than the wall in my honest opinion. I'd like to see another character with ability based armor besides Rhino. 

I agree... and he said it makes the frame "Tanky" when in reality it would be weak... That would be it's one defensive attribute while all else is about agility and power 

If you are confused, Artemis' dad Zeus was the god of Lightning, Thunder, Law and Order, the sky and Justice.

Maybe in your mind you mixed them up... The has lightning which is close to your light and sun

Female or Male? STick it into the RNG, and guess what it will give?

Other! I know, I know, bad joke.

And what's with everything exploding at the end?

I think that part's too OP, so removing that but keeping the blinding part is good.

And Solaris seems to be a bit too powerful.

Most Ults only do ~1000 damage.

Edited by jjpdn

Ok soo based on the other replies..heres what ive got.

Her name is still debatable, however I feel that she should actually be called Solais, and her 4th ability named something else.

For her stats, your right on the high shields thing. How about this:

Health- 100 (250 max)

Shields- 175 9400 max)

Armor- 50

Energy- 110 (300 max)

Polarities- dash and a v

Aura Polarity- dash (energy siphon, would fit her character :P)

For her Photon Wall, i still feel it would look cooler if she could create a hardlight armor, but if you want to stick with walls, thats all good.

For powers, on the first power instead of radiation, perhaps the enemy could be blinded for a short period of time?

The third power should cost 30 energy, due to it being a utility and not a team-based buff or damage ability.

4th ability names ive come up with: (assuming she is female)

Alena

Aura

Anora

Thea

Shakti

For now we are going to assume she is female, unless suggested by you otherwise in which case ill edit this and give some male names.

If you want, ill start working on concept art for her if thats ok with you?

Ok soo based on the other replies..heres what ive got.

Her name is still debatable, however I feel that she should actually be called Solais, and her 4th ability named something else.

For her stats, your right on the high shields thing. How about this:

Health- 100 (250 max)

Shields- 175 9400 max)

Armor- 50

Energy- 110 (300 max)

Polarities- dash and a v

Aura Polarity- dash (energy siphon, would fit her character :P)

For her Photon Wall, i still feel it would look cooler if she could create a hardlight armor, but if you want to stick with walls, thats all good.

For powers, on the first power instead of radiation, perhaps the enemy could be blinded for a short period of time?

The third power should cost 30 energy, due to it being a utility and not a team-based buff or damage ability.

4th ability names ive come up with: (assuming she is female)

Alena

Aura

Anora

Thea

Shakti

For now we are going to assume she is female, unless suggested by you otherwise in which case ill edit this and give some male names.

If you want, ill start working on concept art for her if thats ok with you?

Yes, but power 5 names u had are terrible:( Sorry but true:(  The rest I'd agree to those 5 names are no good...

Artemis is greek goddess of the hunt, the hills and forest, the moon, and also the goddess of childbirth and virginity...  Please do get your history right before you try and correct people

I looked up godesses of light, and Artemis came up. The wikipedia said one of her wishes was to become the Light Bringer.

I wasn't trying to correct anyone.

But it's whatever, give me some more name suggestions.

And what's with everything exploding at the end?

I think that part's too OP, so removing that but keeping the blinding part is good.

And Solaris seems to be a bit too powerful.

Most Ults only do ~1000 damage.

And most ultis are too weak.. 

As for the shield & bridge, they explode in a flash of light when they disappear, and the damage is extremely minimal outside of really low level content.

It's not op at all, it'll barely leave a scratch in any content where something could be considered op.

It's more that various powers of other frames are underpowered. 

Molt, and Bullet Attractor both do the same sort of thing, and the damage is practically nothing.

Pull, and Shock do damage when they don't even need to to do their job just fine.

It's all just extra.

Edited by Flackenstien