Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Tail And Cuffs: New Cosmetic Add-On Idea's And Other Add-Ons

Pirate_Shark

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/350/2/5/valkyr___warframe_by_thunderalchemist18-d6y7vnc.jpg

What if I want my fav warframe to be more cat like? I want the option to buy a Tail for Valkyr and to be able to take off those cuffs on her arms so I can have a more energy claw animated hysteria. Tail options such as lion and tiger tails.

I'd rather Valkyr had the cosmetic option to change the handcuffs on her arms into something that takes up less space. Much like the cuff on her neck would be better to me if I could have smaller versions's of them put on her wrists and ankles too. Make a totally new look for her.

Point is I would pay plat DE to have a Tail and cuffs on Valkyr! Make it happen please...

Edited by Pirate_Shark

I don't want a tail.

But I would like a "Energy Hair" accessory for her.  Since you know we literally can't have hair, I'd take energy instead.   No?  Well get ready for Pigtail Nova :3

Edit:

I'd rather Valkyr had the cosmetic option to change the handcuffs on her arms into something that takes up less space."

I agree with this because I hate not having an option to color her Corpus-Cuffs on her arms and neck.

Edited by Ishki88

I think more cosmetic options in general are a great thing, due to the significance of the two words.

Cosmetic, everyone loves customization

And options...options are great, being able to tailor your favorite frame into something you personally find appealing is fantastic.

It's not a game breaking concern, no... but it's an addition that they're making progress with (Allbeit with mass produced 'one size fits all' options such as the scarves and armor bits). It's a step in the right direction, but unique customization options per frame...that's the golden piece we all desire.

I recall some comments about player created content, eventually being introduced...so I live in hope.

Edit; I forgot to add the Immortal skins to the list of additions thus far.

Edited by Ameretat

You do realize those "cuffs" you want removed are what generates her laser claws and whip, right?

You are wrong about that. Her power comes from the Technocyte virus like all Warframes powers come from. If you notice a lot of infested bits go into the creation of a warframe that holds a lot of the virus. This has been said by DE in Dev Vid's. Dark Sector the game is where it all began. They admit this even in the game. Proto-Armor and Dark Sectors themselves are a clear giveaway. If you have not played Dark Sector the game I highly recommend you do. You will learn a lot about Warframe's themselves that way. Warframes are not where the powers actually come from. Warframes are only a conduit, a way to channel energy, and armor themselves. The person inside the warframe is a mutant and has been changed by the void with the Technocyte virus. Warframes only amplify that power, focus them, keep the powers in check. If they didn't have warframes on their powers would be out of control. Read Embers lore as well. Oh and Nano Spores description is a real kicker too. Plastids are like big blobs of nano spores filled with the virus. Anything that says it is infested has the virus in it anyways. All Warframes use infested parts and are mostly living matter.

Edited by Pirate_Shark

Dunno what the point of that picture was, she doesn't have a tail there, it's just her hair going from grey to black; also a tail? Gross.

Her tail was cut off. If you look closely at Valkyr in game you can see where it would have came out of.

No that's not her hair. Its a tail. :3 Please have a more opened mind. Valkyr is a cat! XD DE said so in a dev vid. ^_^ 

You are wrong about that. Her power comes from the Technocyte virus like all Warframes powers come from. If you notice a lot of infested bits go into the creation of a warframe that holds a lot of the virus. This has been said by DE in Dev Vid's. Dark Sector the game is where it all began. They admit this even in the game. Proto-Armor and Dark Sectors themselves are a clear giveaway. If you have not played Dark Sector the game I highly recommend you do. You will learn a lot about Warframe's themselves that way. Warframes are not where the powers actually come from. Warframes are only a conduit, a way to channel energy, and armor themselves. The person inside the warframe is a mutant and has been changed by the void with the Technocyte virus. Warframes only amplify that power, focus them, keep the powers in check. If they didn't have warframes on their powers would be out of control. Read Embers lore as well.

Yeah I already know all the lore there is, Dark Sector too.

Your arguments stand on the fact no other warframe has abilities of their own and merely amplify super powers of the tenno inside. Well, Valkyr is a special case. We know that Alad stripped most of her armor to the muscle, to the point where only her helmet and Zanukas matching color hint at what original Valkyrs colors were. He has also added lot of stuff to her, all those grayish bits that you cant recolor were not part of the original frame. The "cuffs", as you like to call them, were added too and that means they are Corpus technology. Now if you look closely, the ripline whip originates from the "cuffs" not her hands and also the hysteria claws seem to use the "cuffs" as their base, strongly implying the laser whip and claws are actualy corpus tech and that her actual powers are probably the toughness and regeneration(life steal) she has.

Personally I guess DE went for the Wolverine-like backstory there (near invincibility, been experimented on, got shiny new claws as a result).

Yeah I already know all the lore there is, Dark Sector too.

Your arguments stand on the fact no other warframe has abilities of their own and merely amplify super powers of the tenno inside. Well, Valkyr is a special case. We know that Alad stripped most of her armor to the muscle, to the point where only her helmet and Zanukas matching color hint at what original Valkyrs colors were. He has also added lot of stuff to her, all those grayish bits that you cant recolor were not part of the original frame. The "cuffs", as you like to call them, were added too and that means they are Corpus technology. Now if you look closely, the ripline whip originates from the "cuffs" not her hands and also the hysteria claws seem to use the "cuffs" as their base, strongly implying the laser whip and claws are actualy corpus tech and that her actual powers are probably the toughness and regeneration(life steal) she has.

Personally I guess DE went for the Wolverine-like backstory there (near invincibility, been experimented on, got shiny new claws as a result).

You are just making assumptions that have no evidence to back them up. The construction of all Warframes have infested bio-tech inside them. Valkyr's only removed parts are on her head on the original helmet. Her cat helmet is totally in tact and Oculus Rift helmet is too. They never removed anything off her warframe. They added stuff to her to keep her captive. The energy comes from her lower arms and is actually going through the cuffs plates or being generated over them because they are an obstruction. Corpus didn't build Valkyr, they experimented on her.

The wiki tells more details about the lore of Warframes. The fact that the 1st Tenno had a mutated infested arm and most of his body was mutated by the end of the Dark Sector game before he even got his warframe. His last name became the name of the Tenno. All tenno are similar to him but mutated in different ways with different powers. I don't assume anything or base my facts on stuff people made up. I get my facts from the games themselves and what the developers have said so far. Valkyr was a different warframe with different powers before the corpus messed with her. Her powers changed because the corpus made her angry and enraged because they did all kinds of horrible things to her. Her powers are based on emotional rage and hate! She is the very definition of pain, rage, and hysteria. That emotion makes her super human. Her rage that knows no end fuels her power. It has nothing to do with some form of technology. She simply evolved and adapted to the experiments they did to her. The corpus did not give her such strength or such durability. That comes from her own power the virus gives. The virus gives her life steal, energy shock waves that stun, a aura of energy armor, that aura is focused into deadly claws when she explodes into hysteria, and her energy whip also is generated by that rage aura. Her rage also gives her a temp god mode because she is so &!$$ed off when she goes into hysteria she just goes crazy with rage. Words can not describe how mad he is. She is the tormented. The aura itself is rage in energy form. That's what the Lotus describes her powers as. Fueled by her rage!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_History

Most of the stuff in this link is from the games lore and from DE themselves. It should clear up any confusion.

Anyways we should be talking about cool cat tails and different kind of cuffs for looks because not everybody likes big hunks of metal on our warframes arms. Some of us like a sleeker cat look. :3 We could argue about this all day because everybody is going to have their own opinion.

Edited by Pirate_Shark

nice fan art, but I would keep that helmet on because that is what is keeping her alive. but nyx can take her off, i dont care much for nyx anyways lol.

Err, where do you get this from? Nothing is keeping her alive. She is just alive. She is the hardest warframe to kill in the game due to her i-frame. lol I can make a build that makes her hysteria last over a min long and cost 25 energy + with a rage mod she can perma hysteria. But I hardly use it. Life strike is just as good for everything end game unless I am soloing level 80's in a defense. XD

What does this have to do with cosmetic's? Totally off topic. lol