Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do We Have "events" In An Open Beta Game?

grillv20

Event's usually introduce new game modes which we then test.  So yeah they just make it in an event structure to make it fun for fans, plus all previous events (from what I understand) will be eventually returning as quests with the new quest system.

I'll answer your question with a question.  Maybe they want to beta test different "event" scenarios?  Most of the time events are test for future concrete mission types.   Soon this  "event" will be a mission type after we test out the event and relay our feedback to them.   Me personally, I loved the event and I hope they tweak and release it for a mission type.  

As far as bugs and exploits, those will be worked out of course.  As far as people complaining, I'm completely out of that circle.   Leader boards are too stacked and "chin rub" worthy for my taste.

Pretty much what others have said the events are early versions of new game types that need to be extensively tested so to insure this DE makes an event of them so people are basically guaranteed to play it, thus being able to tweak it so that is works smoother better. All you need to do is look at the survival event and see the difference between survival in that and current survival. 

Why are we in open beta when the game has already been released on the PS4 and is coming to the Xbox One? Online games of every stripe just hang onto the beta label for as long as possible because bugs are more permissable in a beta than in a full release. At the end of the day it's just a word, and Warframe would still run the same regardless of what it says at the top right of the login screen.

Event's usually introduce new game modes which we then test.  So yeah they just make it in an event structure to make it fun for fans, plus all previous events (from what I understand) will be eventually returning as quests with the new quest system.

not only that, presenting it as an Event gets players interested, who will login and play it. you get as many people as you can to login, meaning more serverload, to even test the background stuff.

Why are we in open beta when the game has already been released on the PS4 and is coming to the Xbox One? Online games of every stripe just hang onto the beta label for as long as possible because bugs are more permissable in a beta than in a full release. At the end of the day it's just a word, and Warframe would still run the same regardless of what it says at the top right of the login screen.

for marketing purposes

Yes, because a beta can't be put on consoles amirite. /sarcasm

Yes, because a beta can't be put on consoles amirite. /sarcasm

If it starts there, sure, but the act of PORTING a game, let alone twice, kinda begs the question. Beta and release pretty much mean crap in a game like Warframe that gets regular content updates. New code is going to have new bugs regardless of what you call it.

If it starts there, sure, but the act of PORTING a game, let alone twice, kinda begs the question. Beta and release pretty much mean crap in a game like Warframe that gets regular content updates. New code is going to have new bugs regardless of what you call it.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't buy Warframe if it claimed to be a finished game.

Plus, the differences between Xbone and Pis4 isn't as much as PC -> ps4. Hell, they both have an X button even.

I just hope events mission and darvo missions get put into an archive where we can all replay them for fun in the future with normal rewards, that even new players can play.

So that everyone can experience what happened :)

Or better yet, implement all the events and darvo missions into a campaign mode!