DE_Adam

Devstream 31 Overview Part 1, Player Ships, Ui, Valkyr And More!

For the helmets, I vote on 01 for Nova (03 looks a bit too similar to her Flux helmet to me), and 02 for Nekros (you could call it Anubis!).

Although if I'm gonna be honest about Loki and Vauban... those appear to just be... shapes. Maybe I'd need to see them colored, but I can't really wrap my head around them.

I can't wait for the Sword and Board, although I have some questions about it. Will combos alternate between different damage types (Slash for sword hits and shield throws, Impact for shield bashes)? Will the shield be affected by any Glaive mods? Will it provide some unique benefit to Blocking, or just be a glorified fist weapon? One stance on release?

Edited by Archwizard
  • Upvote 4

Looking forward to the UI changes the most. I still cannot get over the fact that the Warframe will track the mouse.

It's so beautiful and intuitive.

• Upvote 3

Alternate Helmets:

Loki: Concept 2
Vauban: Concept 1
Nova: Concept 1
4th warframe(I don't know if it's Loki or Volt) but the first Concept is the best

• Upvote 2

Alternate Helmets:

4th warframe(I don't know if it's Loki or Volt) but the first Concept is the best

4th Frame is for Nekros

EDIT: Tennoed

Edited by Momoynator

Valkyr is my 2nd favorite frame but is it just me or do those wallrun anims. not look new?

• Upvote 1

One of the best parts about our Devstream is that it gives us the opportunity to share with you parts of the development process that can be difficult to follow.  Seeing everything change bit by bit instead of logging in a few months later only to witness a dramatic redesign is arguably a lot more fun, and getting the player reaction to something that’s mid development is just as valuable to us as knowing what exactly we’re working on is to many of our players.

[snip]

This is so invaluable in the development process, I can't stress that enough myself.  I don't know your guys' development methodologies, but where I work, we use Agile/Scrum/Kanban style of development, and getting something in front of your customers ASAP is crucial.  Knowing what could be a possible issue before it reaches the field, hearing customer feedback about a certain feature before it goes live, anything where you may have to switch gears or re-do some work is much more worthwhile than working in secret, displaying it to your users, then having them all dislike it and you have to start all over again.

The dev streams are one of my favorite things about this game.  I absolutely love seeing what you guys are up to, what's coming down the pipe, and hearing how you want it to take shape, while also listening to us and possibly even taking a step back and rethinking your approaches.  I can't wait for the new animations and weapon/stances, the player ships, and the new quest system.

• Upvote 5

So valkyr will keep the same attack animation like now or also uses the new wolverine animation?

2 1 3 1

Edited by Hueminator

Alternate Helmets:

Nekros: Concept 1

Fixed that for you... And I completely concur on all accounts

So valkyr will keep the same attack animation like now or also uses the new wolverine animation?

2 1 3 1

No to both. She gets a unique Hysteria stance with it's own moves. Last livestream showed it off.

Question: sword and shield will use machette stances or sword stances?

Or a unique one?

It gets its own.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Looking forward to the player ship.  It's a good immersion technique if done well.  If done poorly, you have EVE Online: Incarna.  Please don't do that.  Just google that for a mountain of vitriol.  UI looks fantastic from the previews.

Persistent parties, bless you.  Long overdue.

Now if only we could publish our void missions to the public so we don't have to jump through the hassle of using recruiting channels -- an experience that is the complete antithesis of the awesome co-oppy goodness of regular warframe pugging.

• Upvote 5

2 1 3 1

If by 'Wolverine' animation you mean the claw weapons, those attacks are unique to the claw weapons themselves.  Valkyr will have her own combo string unique to her Hysteria.  This way everyone can pretend to be cool like Valkyr, but Valkyr players...we'll know.  We'll know.

• Upvote 36

Helmets

2, 2, 3, 3

Loki : 2

Vauban : 1 or 2

Nova : 1 or 3

Nekros : most definitely 1 - others look to much like raknis

Also This new menu projected out of hand <3

Dear [DE] maybe You could introduce into the game a trace line showing the way in which to go, something similiar to dead space game - some maps are confusing and it would help if You could highlight the shortest route to the current objective. It could be activated for example be holding down the map button. Please consider, it would be a great help !

acf9b55e.jpg

Edited by tocorro
  • Upvote 30

I'd just like to say, please not Nova helm #3. PLEASE NO. Her twintails should really stick out to the sides more.

As for the other helms, all of Loki's seem a bit too busy and mechanical, all of Vauban's are cool, but that Nekros #1 is great. 2 and 3 look too similar to the Raknis helm.

Edited by LoopStricken