Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 31 Overview Part 1, Player Ships, Ui, Valkyr And More!

DE_Adam

I will admit without shame that I'm very much looking forward to Nova's alt helmet.

For those who don't know, a certain topic was made a while back, which sparked a lot of attention.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/108069-twin-pigtail-alt-helm-for-nova-pls/

People approved, some disapproved, but nevertheless it sparked something. Out of curiosity by the community's interest in this concept, I made a sketch concept of my own.

Here's the original concept, which also got a lot of approval, maybe more than expected (even some people who first disliked the idea seemed to appreciate this concept after seeing the design I made). I guess most of the community's love for that reached DE's artists.

Dj1FFYT.jpg

yaURttZ.jpg?1

So why am I saying this? Well, to thank DE, Mynki and Draice more specifically, for actually doing this. It's quite impressive what the community can do to convince the devs sometimes, since Mynki was against the idea at first, according to Draice.

I hope the helmet will make the tails somewhat flowy instead of straight, but whatever happens, I'm sure I'll still like it a lot.

Edited by Casardis

I like the design of Loki Helmet 2 the best, although I am a little unsure about the horns being so small, Loki's kind of a horned helmet guy and giving him tiny ones? I don't know about that.

I like Vauban's third as it's the simplest but also gives off this almost welding mask look which I think it suits him well as an 'engineer' frame.  

For Nova's I like the mask of the second but the spacing of the pigtails in the first, but the third seems most fitting to a Nova helmet with its rounder face and less prominent features. Tough call.

The first and second helmet are both interesting with Nekros. I like the wizened/owl like eyes which plays more to his shaman side than his necrotic ones like the others do. Although the battle helmet like outer piece is a little off for him. The jackal like one is a little bit more aggressive than ominous or mystical, but I think it would suit him best. 

I feel weird about the helmets, since the Loki designs fail to bring anything to Loki that stacks up to his new Prime helmet. 3 is way too similar to every base helmet Loki has that isn't Swindle, and I can't even really tell what 1 and 2 are doing. I guess 2 is the better looking one, but they just look like nothing.

Vauban's helmets are really out there, and I'm sad that none of them really look better to me than the standard helmet. Of those three I think the first one is the best but I'm still not entirely sold.

Nova should get helmet 1, easily. 2's chin juts out too far, and 3 looks too much like Flux. 1 meanwhile gets a nice shape that's in line with Nova while bringing something new to the table.

Nekros... 1. I don't need to see anything else.

Can you please give experienced tenno the option to "opt-in" to the new player experience instead of just getting a kitted out ship? I would very much like to go through that quest progression... even if I do have to be temporarily handicapped to do so. Although after I unlock my console I'd prefer to keep any items/blueprints I've already collected ;)

I agree. I want to experience the sense of the ship's progression than having fully furnished one. This way we can give better feedback about the ship's gameplay and related issue.

If by 'Wolverine' animation you mean the claw weapons, those attacks are unique to the claw weapons themselves.  Valkyr will have her own combo string unique to her Hysteria.  This way everyone can pretend to be cool like Valkyr, but Valkyr players...we'll know.  We'll know.

Right you are... Right you are...

Alternate Helmets:
Loki: Concept # 1 -it's a nice change from the T-theme.  2 is a close second.
Vauban: Concept - I wouldn't use any of them to be honest.  I guess 2 if I had to pick?
Nova: Concept # 2/3 - both are good, either way is fine with me.
Nekros: Concept #2 (this one is freaking great & I want it - well I will after Nekros gets re-worked anyway)

---------------------------------------------------

As for the suggestion of the DeadSpace type line to objective - I like that fine, but I had another thought today that I'd like to see.  

I really hate the way the objective markers constantly change between "this is the way to the objective using conventional pathing", "this is the doorway to the objective" and "Oh here is the objective".  

The first annoys me to no end.  With a game like warframe, with its dynamic movement, I hate when I follow this marker only to realize I could have just jumped or wall-run 15 feet from where I started following the stupid constantly-shifting icon around a room for no reason. 

What I'd like to see is the standard icon on my minimap telling me WHERE the objective is in relation to me, not how to get there.  An additional smaller (preferably toggle-able) marker could route out the way to that marker for those that need/want the hand-holding.  Or as the previous suggestion, possibly a deadspace type line.

Edited by AZAG0TH

Nice, can't wait for my favorite killer Cat to get a new set of nasty claw attacks, not only will we be able to exact revenge on those greedy boxheads Corpus, but we'll be able to do it in style! 

Then there's those new claw weapons, which I think would be awesome on Valkyr. I'll be able to claw enemies to death while I'm clawin- Oh wait, I have a meme for this:

44bvwr7.png

AhI2iKh.gif

One of the largest features of the ship is the updated Solar Map, which not only has planets situated in a more intuitive layout but also holds some improvements to make navigating missions on an individual planet much easier.  How many keys you have for a particular mission and what missions are available will all be more obvious, and the map just looks absolutely stunning to boot.

Coupled with the changes to the map and new player experience is a quest system, which we have yet to go into too many details regarding.  What we can say is that the quest system will not only be a means of guiding new players through content, but a means of delivering existing players new missions and events in the future.

I really dig all of what is coming except for the new planet positions when selecting.

Having them off center from each other made the solar map interesting and dynamic.

Putting them in a big circle seems like a huge step backwards.

Granted it can be pretty tricky to select planets for some players but I think that is primarily because the planets are moving.

If you just stopped them from moving but kept them like a solar system I think it would do what it needs to. 

"[...] nothing represents that delicate balance between design advancement and player feedback as our new personal ship, the Liset. [...]"

"For those who don’t know, the Liset will completely replace the current player screen as a means to access everything you need in game.  The Solar Chart, Arsenal, Market, Foundry and Codex will all be given a physical console to interact with [...]"

"One of the largest features of the ship is the updated Solar Map, [...] and the map just looks absolutely stunning to boot."

I really enjoyed the DevStream and am exited for the U14.

There are so many changes and the player Ship or "Liset" (I'll have to get used to call it that way I guess ;) ) sure is one of the biggest changes. And as you said in your post, it is a design advancement in balance with player feedback.

I have to offer you more feedback.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/250041-clan-dojo-request-for-a-design-update-for-the-ship/#entry2898051 .

As you can read there, I am not too happy about the design of our dojo or clanship as it is now. Do you think there could be a change in the design at all?

The new solar map and the new player ship will be quite a aesthetic contrast if it stays this way and I know a lot changed in the game till now. What does the rest of the playerbase think? Are you happy with the clanship the way it is now? Do you have any suggestions?

Well, to end this for now I will just post my favorite helmet design and hope to see any of them soon: