Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extractors - Worth The Price?

ThunderZsolt

Question

i'm talking about the distilling extractors, not the titan, because i've never ran out of common resources. i'm always in need of neural sensors, because they are only available on one planet. So, what are the chances, that my extractors bring me neural sensors?

I don't have much oxium, so if i wanted to build them, i'd need to farm kappa for oxium.  Is it faster to farm neural sensors, or the extractors will make me drown in them once i build them?

16 answers to this question

I have been using distilling prime extractors for a long time, they always yield the last resource of a planet such as detonite ampule, alloy plate and control module.

They will give you neural sensors or orokin cells about 1 out of 100 times (at least on ps4). But that's just my personal experience, maybe I'm just unlucky.

So if you want to get more neural sensors from Jupiter use titan extractors, they have a much higher chance collecting the third resource of a planet than distilling extractors.

So far, I've never gotten rare resources from a distilling one.
HOWEVER:
If you put one on a planet that has 2 rare resources (Mars, Morphics/Gallium) it will pick it a few of the lesser one. (Morphics)
I put mine on Mercury and Mars, for the morphics, ferrite, and polymer bundles. 

But for neural sensors.. it'd be pretty rare. 

Personally, I say no, they're not worth the price. You're better off farming neural sensors then messing around with the Extractors...or maybe its just me and my luck. The best way to gain knowledge is through experience, so I say give it a shot yourself and see how you like it.

They're worth it, but if you really need resources (namely neural sensors and orokin cells) you're always better off with a more proactive approach.

They help supplement your supply of resources, but won't replace active farming.

I generally run three and they come up with enough needed goodies to keep them on the job.

My best notion is that they are, but you should switch them out: when you're playing, have titan extractors running. when you know you'll be AFK a while(school, work, sleep, w/e), swap to distillers.

Titans have 1/2 as much chance, but work twice as fast, so in general, if you're in a position to check them regularly, you may as well use titans.

I'm currently using three distilling extractors, and have been for the past three weeks. In my experience, they've yielded 10-15 cells, 8-10 neural sensors, and 20+ morphics. 

As long as you don't let them get destroyed, I say it's worth the price.

lies lol I run an extractor for the same resources and have only ever gotten those resources one time... and I only got 4 cells from it I say do what you want are you feeling lucky? (to the OP)

It's random like most things in the game.

The distiller has a better chance of rare...distillations. Roughly seems about twice the chance to get things like orokin cells, plastids, and neural sensors (here on out known as: The Good Stuff).

Mine come up with them often enough to be worth it to keep them up and running when I'm asleep or at work. During play, it's arguable, but I tend to leave them up. I have six total so it's not really an inconvience to have them on a continuous schedule.

Although they do cost a lot more to make, if you've got a ton of hours in the game the oxium really isn't an issue so there's no good reason not to have them up and running. When (if) I get my fourth slot, I've got more than enough oxium to build two more right away with enough left over to cover any surprises from tenno reinforcements.

lies lol I run an extractor for the same resources and have only ever gotten those resources one time... and I only got 4 cells from it I say do what you want are you feeling lucky? (to the OP)

Just my personal experience with it. I collect it roughly 4 times a day. That's 84 collections. I see it as possible.

I'm just going to post this here...

Probabilities of each resource for:
Titan Extractor (Regular and Prime) Chance:
Common 75.5%
Uncommon 22%
Rare 2%
Legendary (Probably selects rare resource) 0.5%

Distilling Extractor (Regular) Chance Change:
Common 30% -45.5%
Uncommon 65% +43%
Rare 5% +3%

Distilling Extractor (Prime) Chance Change:
Common 20% -55.5%
Uncommon 75% +53%
Rare 5% +3%

Titan Extractors have 100 HP with a repair rate of 10.
Distilling Extractors have 200 HP with a repair rate of 20.

Thanks for the answers!

After reading these, i'm sure that building extractors shouldn't have high priority. If i'll have the resources i may build them.

OH, it should! Very high priority.

Today, I got 8 orokin cells out of my extractors. They do that every few weeks. I currently have 133 o. cells, and 122 neurodes, mr16 worth of weapons, and I get a steady supply at all times. The only thing I ever have to "farm" for is argon.(And, I suppose oxium, but that just stockpiles naturally over time).