Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Levels on the surface of a planet.

Thornius

@FabbyTheTeddy +1 but who knows, maybe some DM, TDM, CTF mods will be added later after beta.. i hope ^^

I hope not, there are enough of those games out there, just look at what happened to Global Agenda. Warframe is fine as it is, we just need more variety, not pvp. To each their own I suppose...

Global agenda sucked from the beginning! Maybe some ppl don't like those mods but how long do you gonna try space missions on the same map? it's fine as it is now, but he need more awesomeness for a greater future than Global Agenda.

All big games suffer their same size change if you know what i mean.. check TERA, it's gonna be free, it's happening too fast, why? Because it's fine as it is now.. like you said but the future says something.

Edited by Psychzor

Global agenda sucked from the beginning! Maybe some ppl don't like those mods but how long do you gonna try space missions on the same map? it's fine as it is now, but he need more awesomeness for a greater future than Global Agenda.

All big games suffer their same size change if you know what i mean.. check TERA, it's gonna be free, it's happening too fast, why? Because it's fine as it is now.. like you said but the future says something.

That's why I suggested we need more variety, as in more maps and new content, not PVP. And I've had lots of friends that enjoyed the PVE aspect of Global Agenda, it was almost like the poor man's Borderlands with customisation options back then. PVP was too repetitive and boring because of the age old DM/TDM/CTF kind of game modes, but they've never bothered to add any new stuff to PVE and turned the game into PVP, and people just lost interest. That's probably what will happen to Warframe if we turn this into a "just another online shooter".

TERA isn't a very good example either, I believe it was already bleeding {not dying} because of the success of Guild Wars 2, now they'll probably milk the game with microtransactions.

Honestly if they had made this game more pvp-orientated in the first place, I wouldn't have even looked at it twice as there are tons of games like that, lots of alternatives to play. But as I said, to each their own, I enjoy cooperative PVE more than PVP, and that's just my personal view. But the fact is, if you divide resources just to have some PVP, the PVE side of the game will surely suffer.

Why are we even arguing over PVE vs PVP though, this thread is about having new maps! ;o

Yes, yes, yes and so much yes'es? Anywayz I am kind of bored playing on ships I mean the ships are all the same(or is it just 1 ship and you are in one part of it?) if Im not wrong there is like 3-5 different environments which is kinda lame since there is so many levels(planets). also there is like only 10 different types of enemys(1=3engineer, 2=3 infected, 3=4 of those electric guys, 4=1-2 boss types perhaps). More variety

well from what i seen no one lives on earth cause ya know is a desolate planet. Venus and mercary can't support someone on the planet even in a suit you would die. If the ice on the ships is anything to go by your suit would pretty much instant freeze on pluto and you would die. The rest are pretty much gas planets. Only planet you could touch down on is mars. So i can't see things liek caves/lava/frozen planets. Only type of thing you could do would be city domes in space with like urban or jungle parks? Now if we were in a diff gaxaly we could make any planet with anything on it we want. But cause we useing our solar system we are really kinda limited in where we can go.

Larger rooms isnt enough to give the game the right variety. If we want the players to play for years we need way more gameplay, modes, pvp, kind of pve raids and so on. And the tactics for bosses should be way more then "shot the legs then the core".

If this game has to be just pve on the other side, it should include some story, some more visual improvement of the soldier.

We are in beta, but from my POV we are in alpha.

Underground, maybe. I am not so much referring to a lack of oxygen, but also temperatures. Venus is mighty damn cold. Mercury is hot as hell. Mars isn't too pleasant either. The other planets are gas giants.

Sorry that my first post is to correct some one, but Venus (2nd planet) surface temperature is around 460° and the pressure around 9 Mpa (9 x 10^6 Pa), wich is actually hotter than Mercury wich has no atmosphere.

That said, I agree that some more "natural" environments would be welcome, even underground caves, mines or facilities... Running in glass corridors on a Dyson sphere or an asteroid surface would be awesome to, but let's keep in mind that these levels are modular, with the constraints it impose to the developpers in term of design.

i think they could do something like Monster hunter, where everything was separated by rooms or instances, but i think that would break the flow of the game as is now.

but what i want is more boss fights, again, like monster hunter, it would be awesome.

i think they could do something like Monster hunter, where everything was separated by rooms or instances, but i think that would break the flow of the game as is now.

but what i want is more boss fights, again, like monster hunter, it would be awesome.

Hmm, I like the idea of a monster hunter fps game, sort of like lost planet and then the other factions can be players too, forming alliances during boss raids but then I don't think the warframe gameplay would fit into something like that atm

Personally I'd like to see timed defense-esque missions on a moving train in a tunnel (obviously a reoccuring moving track section for the mapper's sake). Enemies would spawn in waves on parallel running rail cars. Players can have the option of detaching non-objective rail cars from their own train if they are getting overwhelmed, but that will decrease their defensive space in the event of future waves of harder enemies. The Tenno must hold at least one remaining 'objective' car by the end of the map timer (ie the players escape). If the players fall off the train their are instagibbed.

Hmm, I can see mag and ember being useful in this kind of mode.

As far as the lore is concerned - at the moment what the Tenno are doing is taking back all of the "Solar Rail" transporation networks to allow them to travel everywhere.

The Solar Rail system is defended by the Grineer/Corpus ships which is why we are sabotaging or spying on them.

I speculate that the beta we are playing is like "Chapter 1" of the storyline and once we have taken all the Solar Rails in the system, it will transition to a "Take the Worlds" chapter.

I also believe that expansions will take us beyond the solar system once the Tenno discover an ancient Orokin rail that moves them to another system.

Point being is that I would love to explore the Planets. Especially since it's the Future. And the base plot has me wanting it more. What do these lands look like now so far into the future? Earth's description alone makes me want to visit it. Nothing but a shell of it's former self? And the Grineer empire rule over it? Knowing the Grineer, it's probably is a wasteland(or one giant industrial plant). I appove of this notion. Would be intriguing to say the least. =D

I had the same thought, but something about Warframe is distant and alienating considering player characters are silent and faceless, Lotus's eyes are covered, and most of the designs are bizarre enough that until seeing a hostage or an unmasked Corpus, I realized the encounters are humans not space aliens. And what's also alienating is to not be able to go on the surface of Earth.

I had ideas of exploring around a ship in the Earth system, and then coming across some sort of monitoring system pointed at Earth, and on it's interface shows some images of ruined famous construction/locations with large fault lines and cities attached to the insides of the faults.

I'd say just from a replayability point of view, alternate environs need to be in game. I'm all for big open world environs, cave systems, ship exteriors/low grav scenarios and the like. As long as there is variety, I'll be happy.

This is a man i can agree with...Repeditive levels are irritating to me...i always like to have Variety in my Levels or maps or areas in a game...make it more explorable and MAKE MORE LOOT TO GRAB...sorry...loot @#&*(...

Just a throw-away thought, no clue how hard it would be to implement technically - but a level on the exterior of a ship, running about in microgravity, while trying to shoot enemies would be awesome. Something akin to the world-walking in Mario Galaxy, but on the exterior of ships/shuttles/satellites, maybe even a meteor or an ancient Tenno space station??

If playing with gravity and rendering big empty enviroments like that would be too tricky - perahps we could just have a few segements of our regular maps - outdoors. Say, there's a breach in the ships hull, and we have to cross through the destroyed segment, shooting spacesuited enemies in the vacumn of space and watching their bodies spin away into the endless void. Something like an extended version of this scene ->

That would be AMAZING.

Keep the scifi game out in space nuff said. you want pixel earth beneath your feet go and play something else i guess? and if you want to play a scifi shooter game on the surface of mars and run around in caves???

Guess what! Good news! you can now go and play Red faction armaggedon that fills all those things O_o

Keep the scifi game out in space nuff said. you want pixel earth beneath your feet go and play something else i guess? and if you want to play a scifi shooter game on the surface of mars and run around in caves???

Guess what! Good news! you can now go and play Red faction armaggedon that fills all those things O_o

Umm since we in the real worl cannot get to mars and back isnt it then sci-fi? Which means if we go to a planet like on Fossa it is sci-fi which is in space so your point being? People clearly want to be able to play on planets since when you go play a game you click on the planet not on a spaceship, which would make more logic if you click on a planet you play on a planet. People clearly dont like replaying the same levels only with more difficulty's. We are trying to improve the game with what the people want. And since there is option to buy Master thingy you can "shape" the future of the game which means it can go really good or really really bad since a lot of people cant afford to buy a game for that amount of money. And as far as I know those games you mentioned arent free nor use the same system this games does. People see potential in this game with being able to play on planets not on ships whom levels repeat.

Que estais diciendo de atmosferas, oxigeno, temperaturas?Tan dificil es hacer una estacion o base en el planeta o luna de dicho planeta (los planetas gaseosos estan rodeados de lunas)en el que todo lo mencionado atras ya no influye.Podrian hacer una estacion en marte o en Venus estaciones mobibles o cambiar simplemente el color o la forma de las paredes,suelo, columnas, diferente colocacion de objetos,posicionamiento de salas, etc, etc.