+%crit Mod Mechanics

Question

I keep hearing two different things

Say for example Paris with +5% base crit, +45% crit chance, +60% crit dmg

Is this 50% crit (additive), or 7.25% crit (multiplicative)? Crits seem to be wayy too rare for the former.

And when I do crit, is it damage x2.1 (additive) or x2.4 (multiplicative)?

Seems to be the worst of both worlds, making crit based mods just terrible compared to everything else.

Edited by Darzk

8 answers to this question

I heard everything is multiplicative. It would be kinda "overpowered" to have like 50%+ crit, i mean nearly criting every 2 hit, with high fire rate u would estinquish everything!

Edited by Bloodytaste

Why would you use crit mods on a Paris? Headshots are a guaranteed critical already, with the proper mods you could do up to 400 maybe more damage per shot, not to mention and added multishot, that's already double damage if needed...I can safely say I only do 300 right now, but every other shot is a multi so I do 600+ if I get critical hits. I wouldn't see the benefit is what I am saying, jsut as using AP mods yields no result because of the innate AP of the Paris.

Yeah crit mods are literally useless right now, it's really sad. I hope they do "fix" it so it actually increasing the chances for criticals by what the card says, they probably would have to lower the max increase though to soothe the pains of the OP screaming players.

Edited by JessicaAlba

Why would you use crit mods on a Paris? Headshots are a guaranteed critical already, with the proper mods you could do up to 400 maybe more damage per shot, not to mention and added multishot, that's already double damage if needed...I can safely say I only do 300 right now, but every other shot is a multi so I do 600+ if I get critical hits. I wouldn't see the benefit is what I am saying, jsut as using AP mods yields no result because of the innate AP of the Paris.

Headshots != criticals, for example +crit dmg doesnt effect headshots. With +60% dmg Im only doing 320 dmg per headshot, and none of the +elemental damage mods aren`t working atm (when not host), and 320 dmg isnt enough to one shot a grineer post lvl 35, making the Paris one of the worst weapons atm (kill time for 1 grineer is a fully charged arrow + another half charged, making it among the slowest and highest ammo cost / kill)

Using Paris was just an example, convenient because it`s single shot so easy to test. I was thinking theoretically about max dps on a Gorgon when I these questions occured to me. As above, I'd rather have max garunteed dmg / shot than spikes with any sniper/semi-auto.

AP mods dont convert damage to AP damage, they add additional AP damage, so if AP mods *did* work on the Paris they would have an effect. But they delibrately don`t as a disadvantage to counter the natural AP.

First of all, headshots are not criticals. They're just hitting weak points.

You can crit a headshot and that damage compounds.

Second of all, AP mods do work on Paris, it's just that elemental damage is screwed atm if you're not the host.

When it does work, it shows up as another number like any other elemental damage.

Third, "half" charging a Paris does absolutely nothing.

It's the same damage whether you 0% charge or 99% charge.

You have to fully charge it for it to do the extra damage.

Atm, it seems crit chance is only feasible on the Snipetron and Dual Zorens since they have 20% crit chance innate.

First of all, headshots are not criticals. They're just hitting weak points.

You can crit a headshot and that damage compounds.

Second of all, AP mods do work on Paris, it's just that elemental damage is screwed atm if you're not the host.

When it does work, it shows up as another number like any other elemental damage.

Third, "half" charging a Paris does absolutely nothing.

It's the same damage whether you 0% charge or 99% charge.

You have to fully charge it for it to do the extra damage.

Atm, it seems crit chance is only feasible on the Snipetron and Dual Zorens since they have 20% crit chance innate.

1. This

2. Are you sure? As host all the other elemental damage effects work, but still not the +ap damage.

3. Good to know, reduces kill time a bit (with a fast hands mod even better), but still pretty expensive ammo/kill.

Is Dual Zoren 20% crit? Thought it was only 15%... maybe I saw a post saying 15% more than normal?

It used to work. I haven't touched the thing ever since I got it to rank 30.

Pretty sure DZ is 20%, but not absolutely sure.

I know the crit% is much higher than the others, so it's pretty much the only thing even considering modding with +crit%.