Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Riot Shield.

OculusNuva

Hello fellow Tenno!

So I had an idea for a new melee weapon some time ago which is the Grineer riot shield.

I have not checked, so please forgive me if this topic was already made.

So the idea is that it is the weapon used by the shield Lancers that can deflect projectiles without punch-through. 

It should go on the back with the protective part facing out like a shell, and is centered on the middle of the frames back.

For unique functions, when you have it equipped, it has a high default % chance to block a projectile, and when you hold right-click, it will block a higher percent (or completely block) more shots than any normal blade does.

I imagined the blocking animation while you are just standing is the same as when you block with the Glaive.

And for attacking normally, you would take the shield from your back, turn it sideways, and start swiping left and right at the enemy.

Resources: 

Alloy plate (because it says it's used to reinforce Grineer armor)

Ferrite (it's used in Grineer manufacturing)

Salvage (Various metals)

And Morphics (for a rare resource)

I guess that they would have to make a stance mod for it, so I will leave that to someone else to name and create.

Also, this could possibly put a use to the parry and reflection mods, too.

Well, that's my idea, please give me your guys' thoughts!

Edited by OculusNuva

On 2014-06-24 at 8:47 PM, Anatolius said:

I guess you arent up to date with the new melee coming up that is a sword and shield

I am up to date on this and I did watch the Devstream.

I am talking about this specific shield that the Grineer shield Lancers use that is independent of a sword.

Edited by OculusNuva

I approve of the CoD riot shield concept! I loved face punting people with meh shield back when I played that game #neveragain. Although I don't see how you could then carry a primary weapon, it would only work with a sidearm.

Edited by Sedant

I approve of the CoD riot shield concept! I loved face punting people with meh shield back when I played that game #neveragain. Although I don't see how you could then carry a primary weapon, it would only work with a sidearm.

it would work with primaries (we're space ninjas, we can hold our long guns in one hand), and dual-wielded sidearms would just do what they do when carrying datamasses.

So the idea is that it is the weapon used by the shield Lancers that can deflect projectiles without punch-through. 

It should go on the back with the protective part facing out like a shell, and is centered on the middle of the frames back.

For unique functions, when you have it equipped, it has a high default % chance to block a projectile, and when you hold right-click, it will block a higher percent (or completely block) more shots than any normal blade does.

I imagined the blocking animation while you are just standing is the same as when you block with the Glaive.

And for attacking normally, you would take the shield from your back, turn it sideways, and start swiping left and right at the enemy.

We're too mobile for a "Tower" Shield.

If you allow us to use a side arm with it, it would be game breaking.

If it's a stand-alone weapon, it would block exactly the same as a normal melee weapon because if it didn't, you could combine it with Reflex Guard to be invincible.