Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why You Tube Keep Hunting Down Old Albums From Not Very Known Artists

Garuger

I am just sad bcause another of my fav channels went down and my playlists feel emptier every day. That channel had no modern albums and everything it has was around 70~80 from mostly unkwonw artists ( Can,Moondog,Klaatu etc )and very unique prog rock that is almost imposible to find now days (Zao , Embryo , Magma etc) yets it was closed for :YouTube account Zzyzx Xopferna has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement and i am just sad . Why  such reare masterpieces must be hunt down and not be protected .I am just mad and very very sad and i had to tell it somewhere 

My playlists (what remain from them ) : 

Edited by Garuger

Thats because google is launching youtube music subscription service for free and some companies can't agree on terms or are long gone, so royalty can't be paid properly to copyright holders properly if it allowed these music on youtube.

This is probably the answer you are looking for, as launch of that service is imminent.

Edited by Cemges

The people that have stopped making money off their work are always the most  triggerhappy with their DMCAs. To the people making tons of money it is free advertising, to the ones making no money it looks like lost sales.

I understand what you are saying but those albums were unique and are not sold anywhere expect E-bay and that is a big maybe. The creators or bands of them were disbanded or even died yo cant expect sales from something that does not excist for example try to find an album from Can from an official dealer either a hard copy or a digital copy it excitsts none so no one can make money from it 

Edit:nvm amazon added them along with others now i need money but still there are a lot of albums missing

Edited by Garuger

Thats because google is launching youtube music subscription service for free and some companies can't agree on terms or are long gone, so royalty can't be paid properly to copyright holders properly if it allowed these music on youtube.

This is probably the answer you are looking for, as launch of that service is imminent.

Heard about that is it srs going to take place? Then how do i download 2000 + albums ffs? XD

The big issue is that Youtube's copyright infringement system is notoriously poorly designed. It favors the accuser, with very little ability for the accused to defend themselves. It's mostly entirely automated, meaning that a person with a botnet or some kind of organized group can get a channel taken down very easily, regardless of whether infringement is actually occurring.

The second issue is that even if the music is old, that doesn't mean it's public domain. In all likelihood, that music was uploaded without the consent of its rights holders, who have every right to have it taken down.

The final issue is that you're apparently using youtube as your main way of listening to music. Using it to discover new stuff is fine, but the audio quality on YT is terrible. Either buy the music through legal means or pirate it in a way that gets you decent quality files, but don't listen to/rip from youtube on a regular basis.

The big issue is that Youtube's copyright infringement system is notoriously poorly designed. It favors the accuser, with very little ability for the accused to defend themselves. It's mostly entirely automated, meaning that a person with a botnet or some kind of organized group can get a channel taken down very easily, regardless of whether infringement is actually occurring.

The second issue is that even if the music is old, that doesn't mean it's public domain. In all likelihood, that music was uploaded without the consent of its rights holders, who have every right to have it taken down.

The final issue is that you're apparently using youtube as your main way of listening to music. Using it to discover new stuff is fine, but the audio quality on YT is terrible. Either buy the music through legal means or pirate it in a way that gets you decent quality files, but don't listen to/rip from youtube on a regular basis.

You really dont read news or didnt read my post right?