Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Favourite Equipment Setups

Tarille

Forgive me, but I can't see your original link due to technical problems, but have you gotten your breeding ground mods yet? Why not use the pistol fire/status mod?

I do.

My build runs Pistol Pestilence + Scorch for Status Chance. With Heated Charge and Pathogen Rounds to further buff the Toxin and Heat portions, topped off with Ice Storm to create the Viral damage that makes the weapon and status chance really good.

Thus leaving me with only 3 slots left for mods - 2 of which are taken by Hornet Strike and Barrel Diffusion.

This leaves the last spot the flexible one, which is for most weapons taken by Lethal Torrent (60% multishot is nice when you're already at 120%) - But as I mentioned, isn't right for me. Hence I have to come down to either an elemental mod that changes the Heat into something else or a physical damage mod.

Edited by Tarille

I do.

My build runs Pistol Pestilence + Scorch for Status Chance. With Heated Charge and Pathogen Rounds to further buff the Toxin and Heat portions, topped off with Ice Storm to create the Viral damage that makes the weapon and status chance really good.

Thus leaving me with only 3 slots left for mods - 2 of which are taken by Hornet Strike and Barrel Diffusion.

This leaves the last spot the flexible one, which is for most weapons taken by Lethal Torrent (60% multishot is nice when you're already at 120%) - But as I mentioned, isn't right for me. Hence I have to come down to either an elemental mod that changes the Heat into something else or a physical damage mod.

Aha. Ok. It's a big mod, you'd probably need another forma, but Seeker is quite fun too.

I usually use an ammo mutation mod in that spot, though, because I tend to spray.

• 2 weeks later...

Because the best mod for that slot (Lethal Torrent) makes the weapon less fun for me to use because of the fire rate becoming so high that you have to fight against it for small numbers of shots (Considering level 20-30 common mooks only need a single shot to take out, it can have very negative effects of ammo economy)

An elemental mod would change the Heat damage into something else, which I don't want because I like the Heat proc and damage type, I'd only want to swap to Radiation damage if I had Jolt which would likely take the place of Concussion Rounds for increased damage output and status chance.

Magnum Force has the accuracy penalty which if I used I may as well just throw on some Vipers or Dex Furis instead because the accuracy is one of the key features of the weapon.

Expel mods would require me to change depending on faction, I'm just too lazy for that.

Crit chance would marginally increase average damage compared to Concussion Rounds but adds in a layer of RNG that can make the weapon less effective as well as more effective depending on how many crits I get.

Any other Physical damage mod would provide less damage because Akstiletto's highest damage type is Impact.

So yeah... Various reasons for Concussion Rounds. The main one being the ideal replacement (For me) is event exclusive for now.

Should have simply said: It's my loadout and that's my preference. No more can be said in rebuttal.