The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Trading Prices So Lame?

(PSN)d-iabLOFan

Question

I was just wondering why arcane helmets go for 10-25p .... they can't be obtained anymore shouldn't they be a little more valuable?

I was trying to sell a few for 100p a piece or 175 for 2 and I was called a noob and told the highest they went was 25p

if this this is the case im keeping my helmets forever

12 answers to this question

Did you really have to make a thread about this?  Also, there is a PS4 trading forum so you should really be posting such complaints there.

In the end any item is only worth what a person wants to pay for it.  I was among the first to find a Rhino Prime Chassis and was called a lot of things by players for not taking 25p, or 50p, or whatever another player wanted to offer.  In the end I got a decent price for it but I had to be patient and ignore those that were not interested in my item.  I suggest you do the same.  Also, not all arcane helmets are worth a lot just because they are arcane.

Trading prices (for PC & PS4) come down to what people are willing to pay/sell for. If people aren't willing to spend over 10p on something, they likely won't. and very few seem to 'haggle' anymore, negotiating prices.

That, and if they see someone offering at 10-20p, they'll never accept for 100p instead. Not unless they REALLY want it RIGHT NOW.

I'm wondering the same thing. I think that a lot of people (especially on PS4) just don't realize how rare these helmets are now. The good part for sellers is that they'll never come back, so the longer you wait the more valuable they'll become. In the meantime you can probably sell them for around 80-90 Platinum if you use the argument that they used to cost 75 Plat, but I wouldn't sell that low unless I needed Plat now.

Edited by (PS4)STARSIDE_DESTINY

thanks guys I was just wondering if I was being over pricey is WHY I MADE A THREAD (that was towards first reply) anyways I guess ill just keep them they weren't total crap either.... aura, aurora, flux, hemlock, thrak (although I think hemlock and thrak are worthless lol)

you got the arcane helmets for free. You were just hoping for easy plat since they were for 75p in the store.

But point is that most players had many duplicates of each arcane helmet. So it will take a long time before there are enough new players that have bought all the duplicates from the old players. So in the near future i do not see the prices going above 100p except for the few that are really valuable (example rhino with + 25% speed)

you got the arcane helmets for free. You were just hoping for easy plat since they were for 75p in the store.

But point is that most players had many duplicates of each arcane helmet. So it will take a long time before there are enough new players that have bought all the duplicates from the old players. So in the near future i do not see the prices going above 100p except for the few that are really valuable (example rhino with + 25% speed)

I have some valuable ones aura trinity, chlora saryn wish I had the rhino helm :( but yeah im just gonna keep them since no one can ever get them again ill just wait for prices to go up

EDIT: I wasn't hoping for anything I just figured since they are unobtainable now that they would be worth more than 10p ... im not new to this game lol im MR11

Edited by (PS4)d-iabLOFan

Q(and+1)FT

Edited by Darzk