Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does It Worth To Come Back Tenno? [A Vet's Call]

Phoenix86

Question

Good morning Tennos...

I've been in cryosleep since 15th April after being seriously injured by the boredom of farming over and over and over...

Some of you may know me or remember me since i've been here posting for a long time.

And now i'm here asking to you one simple question: Does it worth to come back?

I've quitted right upon U13 opening so i know about melee 2.0, Hydroid, Loki Prime... and i've read Devstream 31's recap

I think it may be the time to wake up... once again... Tenno

So tell... does it worth it?

PhoeniX

The beauty of F2P games, is that you can come back in anytime and try it for yourself and decide from there. Kinda silly asking other people's opinions when you might enjoy something that others don't, really.

So give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out, at least you can say you tried, right?

as always, more shiny things, more hype, but the game was not reworked, you can still use the most powerful weapons in the game at rank 2, and the tiering is as bad, maybe more, than before.

some wepons don't fit with their playstyle ( torid, lanka...)

EDIT: moar grind, moar moar moar

Edited by koolen

- Fixed players making temporary visits for events/exclusives by improving player retention factors.

it's called making a good game, jeez. the moment you start thinking in these terms like "whales", "player retention" and "avoiding/minimizing player backlash" that's not anymore what you're doing, not your primary concern by a long shot.

Only a two month or so break? I doubt there is much new to look into, if you were happy then. When I break, I take about 6 months, and then have a lot to catch up on (and more reason to play). I don't feel this is a game that can keep you playing every day for months on end, it's not WoW/EQ. I find it strange people play and grind this much in an action game. I think one reason I still like this game so much, is I don't burn out on it, I treat it like an action game with some RPG elements.

Hop on and play when you feel the itch to play, it's only "worth playing" for you, if you hop in a match and have fun. If you are asking if it's worth playing because you want to grind 50 hours for some new object, well...to me, that's always a "no". 

Oh god why... If I caught it doing that I might put it in the blender

they might need to make a kubrow water bottle sprayer for training. we can make in the foundry, im guessing it will need the following materials. 12 argon crystals, 1200 oxium, 6000 plastids, 1 nano spore, and 1 alloy plate.

I'm also a veteran that are bored with Warframe, but there's all this new stuff going on, so I developed a solution : 

1. Wake up from your Cyro Sleep

2. Look at what's going on :

- Event -> Get the reward (usually it's not really hard)

- New weapon (non-prime) -> Check if it's good or not, or does it suit your taste. If yes, go and get it, play at least once a day to get it to rank 30.

- New Warframe -> check if it suit your taste and if it's easy to get. If it fulfill both criteria, get it, play at least once a day to get it to rank 30

- New stuff (prime) -> Check drop table. If it's really hard to get, ditch it. Usually prime is not that different to the normal counterpart, so sometimes you're better off with the normal stuff

3. If all parts of step 2 is fulfilled, go back to cyro sleep

If you're really bored though, sometimes it's a good idea to go for some thing different than just shoot stuff and get stuff. Go solo (usually you can't do this with someone) and look at the scenery and explore (Earth's Forest, Corpus Gas City, Corpus Outpost, Grineer's Phobos settlement, and Grineer Shipyard is nice to look at. The details are amazing sometimes. They're my personal favorite atm). Go and build more rooms in your Dojo, decorate it with you want, or if you don't have the resources, just ask someone to take them to their dojo. Usually, a nicely decorated one are really amazing. There's also the PvP part of Warframe a.k.a. Conclave. They're a nice change of pace, and the arena is nice. Since the Tenno are very agile, don't compare this to your usual FPS/TPS game. Every part of the map, including the towers and excluding the cliffs, can be traversed and used as a vantage point. Warframe's ability, while not really balanced, also makes it interesting to do PvP. Try being being the one doing the attacking when meeting a Rhino with Iron Skin or being the one searching around when your enemy is Ash/Loki. Dojo's Duel Room can also be pimped with decorations to provide more variation (Using Wooden Totem is my favorite, since they're tall enough to be planted right at the floor. Other decoration will just float when put in the battle ground of a duel room)