Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarity Swap

datguyskee

Hello everyone,

I personally would love to see DE give us the option to swap our polarity without using forma. What are your thoughts regarding this?

EDIT: What I mean by this is to swap the polarity arround not change the actual polarity. (sorry for the confusion)

Edited by LunskEE

Hmmm, lunskee raises a good topic. I think what will need to be worked out is

1. What will it cost us to change polarity, if at all - Suggestion few 100 credits perhaps

2. How many times we can change or even move polarities.

Or no cost at all. But given how DE may respond I figured I'd preemptive mag strike ;)

Edited by trams87

The only reason I can agree is because melee weapons- which inherently tend not to need Forma- sometimes have their polarities in the weirdest places and it doesn't let me switch them around to my usual mod order. I absolutely hate that. Then again, I'm not sure if that's a good enough argument for it so I can't really say "yes" to the idea.

I would say yes to being able to move polarities around the mod slots.

But defiantly no to be being to change the polarity from one to another, because if we could  do that, what's the point of forma then apart from being needed to build stuff in the dojo. 

Sounds like a good idea, however I am wondering if DE made it so you had to add forma to add to the RPG grind of the game. That said with melee weapons you don't need to forma them, so having a polarity in a weird spot and being stuck with it seems pointless. So being able to move polarities around without forma in the weapon / warframe would make sense.

Maybe everytime you forma something, you change the polarity individually loadout by loadout. I.E. Change it to a v polarity in Loadout A, D for loadout B, etc. With more mods, this should be an option.

I'd be fine with formas letting you change every slot at point of use.  Forma usage lets you change every slot, but the final polarity tally can only be +/- 1 from the prior count.  However, they seem to treat items as fixed and singular with respect to settings, like they feel... you should buy two Latos if you wanted two different sets of polarities on them?  Probably because they sell slots.  I don't think they'd go for customizing loadouts like that (people seem to barely comprehend that you can have separate loadouts already).

I'd be fine with formas letting you change every slot at point of use.  Forma usage lets you change every slot, but the final polarity tally can only be +/- 1 from the prior count.  However, they seem to treat items as fixed and singular with respect to settings, like they feel... you should buy two Latos if you wanted two different sets of polarities on them?  Probably because they sell slots.  I don't think they'd go for customizing loadouts like that (people seem to barely comprehend that you can have separate loadouts already).

Then what's the point of DE creating loadouts in the first place? It's fortunate you can get by on mostly V or - slots.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

Then what's the point of DE creating loadouts in the first place? It's fortunate you can get by on mostly V or - slots.

Well, it seems to allow you to have a ready-to-go different set of appearance and mod settings on a given suit.  I rarely see people use it, honestly.  That may be BECAUSE the polarity slots are fixed and people work towards a specific set of mods for the slots that are given - of course.  That would grant your position weight.  The intention currently seems to be appearance/different mods - same slots though.  Same with other items. 

That said, I can't say I know people that made two dragon nikanas to build them up with different forma or anything like that.  However, letting you have multiple items and build them differently did seem to be a "by design" thing, and probably an excuse to sell more slots.