Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Dark Sectors Ever Going To 'look' Dark?

Hexagoros

Right now, Dark Sectors are just normal tilesets.  What makes them 'dark?'  Why are these areas so special except that they have infested?

I am one of the people who likes the idea of the Dark Sectors, and giving clans/alliances something to compete over. 

However, the Dark Sectors need their own aesthetic.  They need to 'look' unique, since as of right now, they are pretty damn dull.  Just normal tielsets with hoards of infested.

Why don't these areas look like they were overrun by the virus?  Why don't these areas look abandoned, or destroyed, or infected? 

Edited by Hexagoros

Right now, Dark Sectors are basically just normal tielsets.  What makes them 'dark?'  Why are these areas so special except that they have infested?

I am one of the people who likes the idea of the Dark Sectors, and giving clans/alliances something to compete over. 

However, the Dark Sectors need their own aesthetic.  They need to 'look' unique, since as of right now, they are pretty damn dull.  Just normal tielsets with hoards of infested.

Why don't these areas look like they were overrun by the virus?  Why don't these areas look abandoned, or destroyed, or infected? 

You see, in U14, DE will make the tile-sets pitch-black, with no light whatsoever, justifying why it is a Dark Sector. 

In all seriousness, I would like to have some new enemies/abandoned-feel tile-sets for the Dark Sectors only, making it feel ominous, or 'dark'. 

Edited by Renegade343

They already said it's going to happen. They'll probably have their own tileset and, quite possibly, be the entry point of a new enemy faction. Watch the devstreams.

An insectoid melee focused enemy, one that is highly resistant to weapon-fire, forcing dangerous melee combat

I remember playing multiple times with a changed color palette on Ceres Dark Sector Survival that actually did a good job of making gameplay quite creepy once set in the correct fictional context, fighting zombies in a darkened and dirty atmosphere.  The only immersion-breaking thing was that my bright lava Shamrock orange somehow turned into a sort of teal blue.

I haven't been seeing any of the colors on Sechuras, though.

Edited by DalaiLlama

The dark in their name does not literally mean darkness y'know...

So an area overrun by infested, or that is previously unexplored, still has perfectly in tact buildings, and is entirely indistinguishable from normal areas?

The areas should look like they are either unexplored, or previously civilized areas that are now overrun by infested.  Otherwise...what's the point?  Why make the distinction if there is in fact no distinction?

Edited by Hexagoros