Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Have Said It So Often: We Need Clan Downgradation

Deservate

Downgration isn't a word, you mean like demotion? If your trying to stay competitive in your clan demotion penalties don't really enforce anything. My advice would be to find more active players instead of demoting members who haven't been on for 20+ days.

Edited by Sedant

They don't want people to downsize clans because then research becomes a lot cheaper.

You could downgrade, research for the cost of 2 people instead of 400, then upsize again and all 400 get that research.

Explain.

An example: you go from shadow to ghost. When you destroy a room after demotion that had been built before demotion, you get resources back according to the ghost costs, not shadow costs.

You can upgrade your clan tier again ... say ... a week after demotion.

Demotion costs resources. You cannot do this when you still have the barracks, or when you have too many people left/pending.

I suppose I forgot some. But you get the point. As long as there will be good measures, demotion could be a thing.

They don't want people to downsize clans because then research becomes a lot cheaper.

You could downgrade, research for the cost of 2 people instead of 400, then upsize again and all 400 get that research.

Im sorry, but that sounds rather weird. Why would you be able to demote your clan, when you have more people left in your clan than the previous tier allows?

An example: you go from shadow to ghost. When you destroy a room after demotion that had been built before demotion, you get resources back according to the ghost costs, not shadow costs.

You can upgrade your clan tier again ... say ... a week after demotion.

Demotion costs resources. You cannot do this when you still have the barracks, or when you have too many people left/pending.

I suppose I forgot some. But you get the point. As long as there will be good measures, demotion could be a thing.

The problem isn't the down, it's the back up. The exploit would be to lower the clan tier, do all the new research or build the new rooms cheaply, then raise the clan tier again. To 'fix' this it would have to cost the difference in resources to go back up for clans that had downgraded, but the game would need to differentiate between clans that needed to be charged, vs clans that are just naturally growing.

One day I hope we have a new system for clan sizes that alleviates the need for any of these fixes.

Until the day comes, the absolute best thing DE can do IMHO is lay out the rules clearly and make sure those rules never change so that no one is confused. Q -> A -> The end.

Im sorry, but that sounds rather weird. Why would you be able to demote your clan, when you have more people left in your clan than the previous tier allows?

People could leave the clan and then be reinvited.

It takes half a day to build the key, but that's a lot less time and effort than gathering moon materials is over shadow materials.

I agree with your argument. However say if a clan wanted to downgrade to a lower tier (due to inactive members or any other reason) perhaps it  would be possible to penalize the clan by enforcing an embargo. Obviously a clan wouldn't be able to downgrade if they have too many members.

So they would need to remove X amount of members until they are below the threshold of the lower tier. Then the embargo would be placed on the dojo where research/room building cannot be completed for X amount of days (say 1 month) this would discourage players from voluntarily quitting their clan to get a cheaper research cost, as they would need to wait an extra month or more to obtain the weapon. + the extra 3 days researching the weapon once resources are done.

Otherwise another possibility is to allow downgrades only when all constructions and all research is already paid for and done. Thus removing the possibility of clans dropping down a few tiers just to get cheaper research costs.

A third and more adequate option (in my opinion) is to allow each clan a once in a lifetime option to downgrade to a lower tier. My reasoning behind this is that most clans that are at a larger tier than needed are clans that existed prior to the clans having different tiers and were caught off guard by the tier system.

I agree with your argument. However say if a clan wanted to downgrade to a lower tier (due to inactive members or any other reason) perhaps it  would be possible to penalize the clan by enforcing an embargo. Obviously a clan wouldn't be able to downgrade if they have too many members.

So they would need to remove X amount of members until they are below the threshold of the lower tier. Then the embargo would be placed on the dojo where research/room building cannot be completed for X amount of days (say 1 month) this would discourage players from voluntarily quitting their clan to get a cheaper research cost, as they would need to wait an extra month or more to obtain the weapon. + the extra 3 days researching the weapon once resources are done.

Otherwise another possibility is to allow downgrades only when all constructions and all research is already paid for and done. Thus removing the possibility of clans dropping down a few tiers just to get cheaper research costs.

A third and more adequate option (in my opinion) is to allow each clan a once in a lifetime option to downgrade to a lower tier. My reasoning behind this is that most clans that are at a larger tier than needed are clans that existed prior to the clans having different tiers and were caught off guard by the tier system.

I like your second idea best. It would solve pretty much any problem.

Maybe, another option would be that clans can only downgrade when they have x amount of days/weeks lower members than the previous tier. This way the game can look if the clan has serious troubles, or if the clan is a large group of people that want to get some research done for cheap.

• 1 month later...

For whatever reason DE will take their time on this issue but I think that they could at least provide a temporary solution. Just allow us to demote our clans one time only. Say a moon clan wants to be a ghost clan but ends up becoming a storm or goes all the way back to moon. Then each time they promote their clan they lose the ability to demote.

What seems to be the main concern with dojo downgrading?

The common theme I see is clans dropping members, downgrading, researching at a cheaper price, then upgrading/reinviting? 

I thought of a possible solution with not being able to downgrade unless everything you have available to be researched in your dojo, was 100% completed. But then people would just downgrade prior to an update/event, research everything , then invite/upgrade afterwards.

Maybe have it that you can't upgrade to a higher tier if you researched recently at a lower one, or having a requirement to pay the additional resource cost of the items if you researched stuff recently, then tried to upgrade your clan.

Item costs 300 Lotus Pennies at shadow clan lvl, you research it then try to upgrade to a storm clan, it'll ask you to pay an additional 700 Lotus Pennies in order for the new barracks to be completed.

It may be something that can be implemented with the cooldown idea that has been floating around. The idea of not being able to create a barracks within a certain time of it being destroyed recently.

Say, you destroy a T4 barracks, you have 2 month cooldown before you can build another one.

The problem is that bad people are ruining it for the rest of us and this is why we can't have the good things :(

anyway, food for thought.

-roob

• 2 weeks later...

The latest update seemed to have plugged one exploit concern with players joining a clan after an event started.

Does this seem to indicate that progress is going towards having a clan downgrade option that was discussed as being looked into back in july by the devs?

There are plenty of options floating around on the forums on how to handle this and covering all bases when considering the possibilities of exploitations and I choose to believe that we'll have a downgrade option sometime in the future.

Is it unrealistic to have such faith in the devs?

I don't like to brown nose, but I have seen them make good choices with a lot of things through the lifetime of this game and i'm looking forward to seeing how they develop clan options in the future.

Why don't they just make the warlord be solely responsible of the upgrade/downgrade for his/her clan by just charging mass amounts of platinum? That way they think twice of what tier they really want to be.

I'm in a MOON clan with only a total of 2 members, so yeah! We have our work cut out for us on research department and everything else. We could leave the clan and start anew, but we have worked so hard to where we've got that we really don't want to start fresh again.

I'm patiently waiting as a Warlord if DE will ever consider of the downgrading of tiers. If not then, then I will continue with all this grinding and farming for resource. This game is just too fun to leave behind.

PSN: Maldito_Jets