Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Soloing Even Valid

bardonrafan

I'd say any mission aside from higher leveled Defenses/Interception are able to be Solo'ed with the appropriate gear. 

That being said I still believe that Solo players need some love and the game should take them more into account when it comes to enemy leveling and spawns.

Edited by Sasquatch180

Any mission is soloable with any warframe and any weapon but to do this you need dedication to it.

Look for a squad in recruiting that is willing to play low paced. There's more people that you can imagine.

Tower Mobile Defenses with a melee only weapon is not advised as doable.

Ceres Hi-jack missions with a low shield Warframe unranked or someone like non-redirection/non-vigor Valkyr ... I hope you were joking. Valkyr is my favorite Warframe (Have 2 5 forma Valkyr's with different Aura Polarities) Valkyr on a Ceres Hi-jack is extremely difficult to try to solo.

And solo-ing Nightmare mode with unranked Frames or again using melee only on a Nightmare Mobile Defense is a recipe for failing.

I cannot agree that any mission is solo-able with any frame or any weapon.

There are Frames for certain situations that just work better for solo work given the certain conditions.

High Armor/Health Valkyr for easy Nightmare Survivability. Ash/Loki for quick Sabatoge/Capture solo rushes. Mag for easy mode Corpus maps. Etc.....

To the OP: soloing the normal starchart is more than doable - hardest for me are Hi-Jacks on Ceres (I have to spam Team Shield Restores) and Interception missions (Trying to hold 3 of 4 nodes by yourself is extremely frustrating)

But if you play to a Warframe strengths and use easy mode weapons for the enemies you should be fine.

(Going Melee only on Sargus Ruk is like a lost cause due to the inability to Target weak-spot)

But currently I am using a Valkyr with Obex and Spectra - weakest Damage stat weapons in their classes and they are enough to clear most of the Star Chart without needing to use revives.

-snip-

Why on earth do you believe that 

Any mission is soloable with any frame and any weapon(...)

means you'd have to bring them wrongly modded or even unranked?

(...)but to do this you need dedication to it.

is there for a reason.

I get it if you tell me that an Interception mission with a Valkyr (without Redirection and/or Vigor) is something hard to do. But then again why would you want to bring her wrongly modded to a certain mission type?

And then you (kind of) give me the reason with this last paragraph:

But currently I am using a Valkyr with Obex and Spectra - weakest Damage stat weapons in their classes and they are enough to clear most of the Star Chart without needing to use revives.

FYI, Obex reaches over the 1.3k DPS, while the ceramic dagger cannot break the 1k DPS.

Edited by xlraistlx

Why on earth do you believe that 

means you'd have to bring them wrongly modded or even unranked?

is there for a reason.

I get it if you tell me that an Interception mission with a Valkyr (without Redirection and/or Vigor) is something hard to do. But then again why would you want to bring her wrongly modded to a certain mission type?

And then you (kind of) give me the reason with this last paragraph:

FYI, Obex reaches over the 1.3k DPS, while the ceramic dagger cannot break the 1k DPS.

Interception on a Valkyr without Redirection or Vigor is preferred - She can life Strike with just Vitality and/or Steel Fiber for survivability. I said Hi-Jack on Ceres in which you need a Shield to power the Reactor to make forward progression. (I only have 1 success if soloing a Hi-jack with Valkyr and I do not care to ever attempt that again...was only successful with a Specter and High Shield build with Guardian equipped on Sentinel....most frustrating Missions ever for Valkyr)

I am well aware of Obex actual DPS - hence why I put actual Damage Stats in my comment. Lowest melee base damage at 25 (Machete is 25.1). Spectra- well it can hit weak points that my Melee cannot touch..lol (More importantly it fits the theme of an escaped Kara Valkyr's Bonds Valkyr that grabbed the nearest "tool" to weaponize while escaping)

But I thought I clarified in my original post that Missions are solo-able with a higher success when utilizing a Warframe Strengths and using a "proper" weapon for the mission. Not the same thing as: "Any Warframe and any Weapon can be used to clear the star chart solo."

I find that the trick is to figure out which frame best synergises with your preferred playstyle. For example, I use Volt.

^This

Valkyr and trinity suit me very well

Saryn for some reason im just not good with

I stink with excalibro but love him and somehow do great with oberon even though i rally dislike him

Something strange about that one but synergy is synergy

Perfectly doable until you get the great mods to make this game extremely easy. Soloing through almost everything with Nekros atm.

Just grab some pots blueprint. Abuse Darksector for the x10 blueprint since it's easy credits. Some people are willing to trade Fusion Core rare 5 for the cheaper rare mods that will make your life easy so try and look for those. Try your lucky with transmutation sometime.

Abuse walls because you can hide behind them and shoot through with a rifle.

Nightmare mods will make your life even easier. It's also do able by the time you get a Karka. Mod it with serration, Fire rate and Corrosive element then proceed to reenter the Earth Exterminate first mission (33 kills) until you get the easy debuff like Vampire or Energy drain. A whole mag should kill one so just bring some Ammo gear. Just make sure Helions die ASAP. Friends only make it easier here because a focused 3-man Karka firing = dead before they react. You can also just use Energy Gear and press 4 when needed assuming you didn't get Energy Drain.

And with those mods ready, your life is easy now. You might not be able to run a 30 mins survival mission on your current level but it's not like you're aiming to break the record solo. By the time you get a Soma, life is easy now. The only place where you might really really want a friend beside T4 is the Derelict vault because random RNG key isn't fun.