Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical Delay On Amprex

dice

Question

A critical delay + point strike on amprex gives you a 149% chance to crit which means 49% chance to land a red crit.

This sounds very good, and to top it all off, critical delay slows down the fire rate of the gun, which means some of the ammo problem is fixed.

This is just my take on it, can you give me some input on this build?

Serration

Heavy Cal

Split Chamber

Vital Sense

Point Strike

[Elemental Mod]

[Elemental Mod]

Critical Delay

18 answers to this question

My build i was planning would be very similar to yours except im going for a full Crit build:

Split Chamber

Serration

Point Strike

Ammo Mutation

Vital Sense

Hammer Shot

Critical Delay

Heavy Caliber

I'm only 2 Formas in (almost 3rd) but so far im on track

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

critical delay is a MASSIVE DPS loss.

highest DPS build:

serrations

split chamber

heavy caliber

vital sense

point strike

hammer shot

element 1

element 2

critical delay is a mass dps loss vs any mod on this list.

critical delay is a MASSIVE DPS loss.

highest DPS build:

serrations

split chamber

heavy caliber

vital sense

point strike

hammer shot

element 1

element 2

critical delay is a mass dps loss vs any mod on this list.

You'll get better result with a bane mod that with hammershot whne playing the starchart.

Hence my comment, but yeah, doesn't matter much and the extra status change is very good on the amprex.

the status chance on the amprex is actually very misleading, its a continuous weapon so that high status chance is per second, you fire 20 rounds in a second, so at a 100% status chance your actual per round status chance is only 5%

Edited by Vanhline

CD is actually only around a significant DPS loss even compared to using nothing in that slot. It's a lot of damage lost as compared to using another elemental, HS, or Bane mod. 

The ammo conservation is less effective than using Ammo Mut and the damage drop just makes it not worth it.

Edited by Darzk

reading all these posts, this critical delay build really seems like a mixed bag.

What I really want to stress is that 49% of the time you'll be doing 4x your base damage, and that could make up for the drop in DPS.

If ammo is more manageable + you get 4x of your base damage 49% of the time, that sounds pretty good to me.

Thoughts?

"Fire Rate drops down to 12.80 slighty higher than the Synapse so ammo will be more manageable "

Edited by Warriorlord22

What I really want to stress is that 49% of the time you'll be doing 4x your base damage, and that could make up for the drop in DPS.

Couldnt find my post with the math so I'll reproduce it quickly.

49% of the time you'll do double damage. Without it, 25% of the time you deal double damage. 2x149%/2x125% = 149%/125% = damage increase of 19.2%.

However, we also have a fire rate decrease to 64%. 119.2%*64% = 76.3% of the DPS we were getting before we installed the mod.

So Ammo Mut, which I think is superior in ammo conservation as well, will deal (100%/76.3%) 31% more DPS than using Critical Delay.

Installing another damage mod (for example Bane) will do (130%/76.3%) 70% more DPS than using Critical Delay.

reading all these posts, this critical delay build really seems like a mixed bag.

If ammo is more manageable + you get 4x of your base damage 49% of the time, that sounds pretty good to me.

Thoughts?

"Fire Rate drops down to 12.80 slighty higher than the Synapse so ammo will be more manageable "

the dps postings includes the red crits in the math, at BEST you will be loosing 1/3 your dps by putting on CD for any other mod that should be there over the fallowing:

serration

split chamber

heavy caliber

vital sense

point strike

hammer shot : or 'Bane mod'

element 1

element 2

this build is about 15k DPS, taking off any of these mods to put on CD will drop it under 10k.

Edited by Vanhline