Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Too Smelly :<

Casardis

This is not a complaint thread. This is not a mission feedback either.

For a while now, I've been helping randoms get their Prova Vandal score since I've got over 2000 total, and 74 as my best. However, since we all have the habit of rushing things to get the score higher and faster, I never got to fully enjoy exploring the new tileset again. Therefore, I decided to go on Private in order to live something similar to my first visit.

Well, you can guess how that went. The stench is already too high on me.

l5jppQs.jpg

This is not even the worse that people have encountered yet, since many reached the 400+ best scores (meaning the enemies are probably in the thousands level range). Even so, a lvl 170 leaper slap was enough to take away 740 shields and 1040 health from Saryn, instant-killing me. A single sneeze from them will likely be fatal as well.

So what's the point of this thread?

It's just to say that I'm very excited for the new tileset to come as normal missions, so I can enjoy them in a "normal way" again, possibly taking more pictures just for fun, since it's pretty much impossible for me to do at this point of the event. I don't mind that they reached this level right now since I expected that already, but it does make me look forward to normal missions in this tileset even more!

Anyone feels a bit the same, for those who enjoyed exploring the new tileset a bit (those who never cared and always rushed probably don't obviously)? How do you enjoy the new tileset so far? What special things did you see in it through your explorations? I still haven't figured out what half of the hackeable panels do, nor do I know how to enter some of those treasure rooms (I know there are barrels to explode sometimes, in order to reveal paths, but I can't always find such things).

Edited by Casardis

Just kite everything.

That's what "pro" players do.

I think you missed the point of the thread. I'm not looking to defeat these enemies. I just want to explore things at my own pace. Since they will continuously spawn, there's no way to stop the swarm even with kiting, and therefore no way for me to go at my own pace when a poison sneeze will instant-kill my high HP Saryn.

Edited by Casardis

I have the opposite feeling. I want 9999 enemies forever. It feels like a real challenge.

I can't agree with that at all, for many reasons. I've already been constantly saying, and argued, how some form of challenge shouldn't be achieved through cheap design, but though depth (notionphil and a few others hit the mark on that one better than I can do). Increased damage and bullet sponge isn't "real challenge," and definitely isn't the definition of "fun challenge" for many of us.

An issue that appears is that we're so accustomed to facerolling that many people, especially many veterans, would accept the slightest stimuli of "challenge," even if the design is shallow. I will stop here though since I've been tired of sounding like a broken record going around the forums. I just don't think this topic is the right place for that anyway.

Edited by Casardis

Pretty sure this tileset is the introduction of what we'll see replaced in Eris entirely, as they showed the new tileset a few streams back and explained it would.

Yep, which is why I'm quite excited, since my guess is that it will come with U14, or at least early U14, along with new tiles depending on the missions. There will be the inevitable bugs and collisions/spawns obviously, but that can be fixed and polished in time.

Edited by Casardis

I have the opposite feeling. I want 9999 enemies forever. It feels like a real challenge.

Yeah, it's good that you enjoy this, but I'd have to say I don't like it either. I'm no fan of being insta-killed by enemies. That's not challenge imo.

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of enemy difficulty scaling. Yeah, it's nitpicky, but it bothers me when I see an enemy at level 1 with a certain damage, and that same enemy at level 30 with different damage. I'd rather there be some weaker enemies that are a challenge, but bearable, for new players at the lower levels, and then as you go through mission difficulty levels, new, harder enemies are added. The Elite Lancer is an example. At a certain point, you start seeing Elite Lancers in place of the regular Lancers. This is better imo. If they're going to have more armor or more damage, they should reflect that instead of being the same enemy, but stronger. 

Didn't they say they were looking for feedback so they know if they would put it in normal missions? i remember reading it somerwhere like that.

Dat Butt Hot~

Oh of course, but I doubt normal missions will use the stench system, or else that will be bad for players like me who grinds a lot, but has zero interest in ridiculously high leveled enemies.

Oh of course, but I doubt normal missions will use the stench system, or else that will be bad for players like me who grinds a lot, but has zero interest in ridiculously high leveled enemies.

The stench system wouldn't be that bad if it had a reasonable maximum cap and is decaying over time while you don't fight Infested.

That stench could be extended to a fullscale reputation system to make your presence known to Infested all over the star chart and they will start out with higher levels and more aggressive than they'd normally do without that accumulated stench.

That could extend to all mission-types and not only hives, for example to Defense/Survival @ Solar Rails so they start out on a higher level than they usually would so that you could basically skip the first 20 waves/minutes or something.

But as said... there would have to be a maximum cap so that people can still play it reasonably and not only Veterans/Elitists going invisible 99% of the time.

Edited by MeduSalem

The only difference is that my brain splattered against a wall in the process. :<

Still a slap, no? 

In all seriousness, I am really hoping that map gets into the game, just so I can run around those narrow corridors and winding paths while being chased by the Infestation (like one of those zombie movies, or the boulder scene from Indiana Jones when I reach a one-person path).