Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist And D Slot

Ketec

Was that an attempt to troll or what?

Rifles got  THREE D slot mods.

Rifle aptitude ( useless on it - low base status) that has minuscule value and high cost.

Hammer shot - again useless since its crit and status ( both are bad on the gun).

Whats left is... Cryo Rounds - but  cold damage or even combinations of it are overall weak against everything - specially since it has low status %.

So did you choose the D polarity completely randomly?

There's nothing inherently wrong with Cold damage. It can be made into Viral, which is excellent for the Grineer; Magnetic, excellent for the Corpus; and Blast, excellent for the Infested.

I'd be thankful it even came with that, because I was wholly expecting no polarities whatsoever.

Actually, how it was explained was those little symbols are lore related, there is a reason for them being there. They mean something, we just donno what yet. DE stated this, that the symbols are tied to old tenno clans or some such, so at the very least we will find out WHY the D slot is the most underused slot for mods.

Yes, I thought that it had something to do with what it represented. We know that "D" polarity is the defensive polarity. It represents resilience and health. I think that for infested weapons, like Dual Ichor, which are literally "alive" it makes sense that it would have more "health" than an inanimate object. That's the way I've always viewed it.

Was that an attempt to troll or what?

Rifles got  THREE D slot mods.

Rifle aptitude ( useless on it - low base status) that has minuscule value and high cost.

Hammer shot - again useless since its crit and status ( both are bad on the gun).

Whats left is... Cryo Rounds - but  cold damage or even combinations of it are overall weak against everything - specially since it has low status %.

So did you choose the D polarity completely randomly?

Corrosive+Cold is always a good combination with the fewest dmg penaltys, also the way you have worded it sounds like to do cold damage you need high status chance which ofc you dont, all elements always do their elemental damage, its only the secondary effect which status% affects, in colds case, a slowing effect.