Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This A Solid Loki Build?

Zachles

Question

UIywFuz.png

Should I swap out Quick Thinking for Continuity, maybe? Invisibility only lasts 4.8 seconds, but to be honest, I don't use it that much, unlike some of you.

Continuity makes it last 8.4 seconds, but not quite sure how much of an improvement that is for you hardcore Loki players. Is Fleeting Expertise just a bad idea in general for him? I wanted him to be kind of spammy... Maybe I should bring the level down on it?

What are your thoughts? I've never actually tried Loki, so I want to give him a chance. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by Zachles

Add 2 more forma to remove the 2 double dash polarities and put in Flow & Constitution. You might also want to remove Redirection and put in a high level Narrow Minded too. 

As for the aura, you have several choices;

Corrosive Projection - Truly shines when you have all 4 people in the party use it, since the enemy armor is completely removed, allowing for a larger damage output.

Energy Siphon - Only really useful when everyone has it equipped, but you`re just better off with energy capsules and Corrosive Projection anyway.

Enemy Radar - Good for when you`re running solo.Very good for radial disarm, as it gives you a decent idea of how many enemies are present on the map and whether you should disarm them or not.

Edited by Iceyspy

I would take out Quick thinking and slap on Rage.

Then put Life Strike on your melee if you have it. If not it's easy to get on Dark Sector Def or Surv. I forget which.

This way you are more in control of your energy and health. Life Strike and Rage give you health and energy on tap.

Edited by RawGritz

I would take out Quick thinking and slap on Rage.

Then put Life Strike on your melee if you have it. If not it's easy to get on Dark Sector Def or Surv. I forget which.

This way you are more in control of your energy and health. Life Strike and Rage give you health and energy on tap.

But then you`d have to take quite a bit of damage (which in Loki`s case, might end up killing him due to how low his HP/Shields/Armor values are) to make Rage worth your while. QT really helps at later levels, because you never know when a stray bullet might kill you, plus it works on all levels of play so long as you have energy and don`t get disrupted.

Add 2 more forma to remove the 2 double dash polarities and put in Stretch & Constitution. You might also want to remove Redirection and put in a high level Narrow Minded too. You may want to look into adding in Flow (to spam your powers more often and to keep QT up), but that`s entirely up to you.

As for the aura, you have several choices;

Corrosive Projection - Truly shines when you have all 4 people in the party use it, since the enemy armor is completely removed, allowing for a larger damage output.

Energy Siphon - Only really useful when everyone has it equipped, but you`re just better off with energy capsules and Corrosive Projection anyway.

Enemy Radar - Good for when you`re running solo.Very good for radial disarm, as it gives you a decent idea of how many enemies are present on the map and whether you should disarm them or not.

I am mostly modding him for Radial Disarm, so I want it to have a huge range.

I feel like I am just going to be punished for wasting a slot by adding Flow because of all the mobs that will just zap all your Energy, regardless of how much of it you have. Besides, I like that Loki Prime has a pretty high energy pool already.

I'm going to be using him for high level missions (T4 Survival a lot, probably), so I will probably take Corrosive Projection over Energy Siphon, but it's better if everyone in the team has it, I know. I'm not sure if everyone knows how useful it is, though, versus the latter.

But then you`d have to take quite a bit of damage (which in Loki`s case, might end up killing him due to how low his HP/Shields/Armor values are) to make Rage worth your while. QT really helps at later levels, because you never know when a stray bullet might kill you, plus it works on all levels of play so long as you have energy and don`t get disrupted.

True... I forgot to mention... Rage requires...or warrants a high Vitality/Health pool to weather the damage taken to your health. Quick thinking is just to random for my play style and it take way to much mod capacity to be highly efficient. But anyway, Rage works best with Life Strike on your blade.

Unless you use switch teleport a lot i would replace it with natural talent or continuity

And redirection could be replaced with a natural talent or continuity as well

Continuity gives you a few more seconds on your invisibility but really helps your decoy from dying out so quick 

And the natural talent lets you cast radial disarm 50% faster which is extremely helpful in tight situations where u need to pop it out real quick especially since without it the cast animation is pretty long

Other than that go 1 point down one your fleeting expertise for max efficiency or 2 down for 1 extra second on your invisibility and your build is good for all t4 and below

http://goo.gl/8ysvOB

Details:

Decoy- 6.25energy, 50m range, 20second duration

Invisibility - 12.50 energy, 9.6 duration

Radial Disarm - 25 energy, 47m radius

Good to note that your invisibility doesnt need to be long at all, no matter its duration it can be constantly spammed to keep up perma stealth if needed. When your comfortable enough with loki you can start to remove more duration mods for others that will benefit your radial disarm / survivability that can ultimately improve your performance. For me my comfort zone stops at the 9.6 seconds though lol

Edited by Sev7n

Flow is a waste of space even on a regular Loki who don't have more energy than Prime.

Despite this, if you prefer efficency over "cool look", replace Loki Prime helmet with Essence helmet - you'll just see how much you don't need Flow, even w/o Fleeting Expertise.

Vitality > Redirection, because Toxic / Slash procs, neiter of them matter when it's about one-shot damage though.

Switch teleport is very situational, so i wouldn't consider it to take.

Try to focus on ulility, so i would suggest Natural Talent (noticable improvement on 2 & 4 cast) and maybe Sure Footed (this one is just do what it should do for me).

Edit: spelling

Edited by Riccoshot

I am mostly modding him for Radial Disarm, so I want it to have a huge range.

I feel like I am just going to be punished for wasting a slot by adding Flow because of all the mobs that will just zap all your Energy, regardless of how much of it you have. Besides, I like that Loki Prime has a pretty high energy pool already.

I'm going to be using him for high level missions (T4 Survival a lot, probably), so I will probably take Corrosive Projection over Energy Siphon, but it's better if everyone in the team has it, I know. I'm not sure if everyone knows how useful it is, though, versus the latter.

Flow is not a waste of space, just look out for disruptors and kill them before they get to you. However, you could take Constitution for more power duration or some other mod if you really dislike using Flow.

For a range build, you want to at LEAST have a nearly maxed Narrow Minded to keep your invis up, because if you`re not invisible most of the time at higher levels = instant death. Also, Overextended + Stretch is a must, along with Fleeting and Streamline. You probably want to keep Fleeting at 40% efficiency though, since power efficiency caps at 75%.

My Loki prime is not 30 yet, but this is the build that i will be using. This build IS focused on using invis, with siphon actually giving more energy over the duration of the skill than what invis uses. The Radial disarm is not at full range but is very spamable and can be safely done from stealth.

YZjBdJS.png?1

And if you think the flow is not needed then you can just replace it with stretch for example. (the 7/10 redirection that i have is because my own redirection is at that level because it fits better in a lot of builds for me, you can put in a maxed one or even vitality if that is your thing)

Edited by Airwolfen

Why is that quick thinking in the most inefficient possible place? You could use that same build with the positions of stretch or streamline switched with quick thinking and it would save some points. But yeah, also what everyone else said.

Especially the bits about power efficiency capping at 75% and the enemies that can eat your energy super quick through quick thinking.

I use a very solid Disarm+Invis build, http://goo.gl/4h0Dyv, for most content. 15 sec Invis and still optimal stats for Radial Disarm. Hard to pull off without the Essence helmet tho, you lose 20% duration :S. 

Basically, QT is a crutch and doesnt help with the biggest problem (disruption auras) as most damage is avoidable and nothing should be shooting. Switch Teleport has very limited usability so I drop it for room for more duration mods.

Use CP aura for Grineer and Void, as always.

Flow is not a waste of space, just look out for disruptors and kill them before they get to you. However, you could take Constitution for more power duration or some other mod if you really dislike using Flow.

For a range build, you want to at LEAST have a nearly maxed Narrow Minded to keep your invis up, because if you`re not invisible most of the time at higher levels = instant death. Also, Overextended + Stretch is a must, along with Fleeting and Streamline. You probably want to keep Fleeting at 40% efficiency though, since power efficiency caps at 75%.

Um, there are other mobs (not just Ancient Disruptors) who can disrupt you. There are energy-zapping Eximus', and they don't even have to hit you to do it.

I'll take your advice on the other things, though. Narrow Minded doesn't negate Overextended as much as I thought it would, so I will use that. It's at Rank 6, though (+72% Power Duration, -48% Power Range), so is that adequate enough? And yeah, I was told earlier that Power Efficiency caps out at 75% (which I knew, but forgot about), so I will have it at 40%.

Why is that quick thinking in the most inefficient possible place? You could use that same build with the positions of stretch or streamline switched with quick thinking and it would save some points. But yeah, also what everyone else said.

Especially the bits about power efficiency capping at 75% and the enemies that can eat your energy super quick through quick thinking.

Why does that matter? I have no other places where I can install mods anyways, so... Derp, lol.

I use a very solid Disarm+Invis build, http://goo.gl/4h0Dyv, for most content. 15 sec Invis and still optimal stats for Radial Disarm. Hard to pull off without the Essence helmet tho, you lose 20% duration :S. 

Basically, QT is a crutch and doesnt help with the biggest problem (disruption auras) as most damage is avoidable and nothing should be shooting. Switch Teleport has very limited usability so I drop it for room for more duration mods.

Use CP aura for Grineer and Void, as always.

WOW! That's exactly the same build as mine, except I use Quick Thinking instead of Redirection. Since I'm disarming everything I'll not be taking much damage and if I do, Loki Prime's massive energy pool will make up for it. I almost always have max energy because of the 75% efficiency so might as well make use of it.

The problem with using Narrow Minded on Disarm focused builds is that enemies begin to engage at around the 30-35 meter mark, so ideally you want your range to be much larger in order to prevent even the first few stray shots. Keeping the 47m range and thus preventing ANYTHING from shooting at you is IMO better survivability than staying Invisible longer, and a lot more useful to your team as opposed to just to you.