Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Put Event Exclusive Items Back?

--FORMA--

I'm not sure why everyone here is disagreeing with you so harshly. I personally find it frustrating as well that they would offer a reward for doing a specific amount of work on a specific task and grinding away hours and hours only to have it picked up for free as a drop a month later. Whether they explicitly state the rewards are exclusive only to that event or not, it still makes me hesitant to even do the events anymore when I can literally just pick the mods up off the ground later on anyway.

I would complain and I don't have Primed Chamber. It would be unfair to those who have put more hours into the game than I have just to get that bragging right taken from them to appease newer players. I've been playing for nearly a year now, I wasn't around for the event that gave Primed Chamber, but I'd still be mad on behalf of those who worked to beat the challenge in order to EARN it. I'm glad they haven't re-released it.

Now, though, I only half-@$$ events because it doesn't matter if I get a high score or not. It doesn't matter how many hours I put in. They're going to release all the rewards to those who didn't work for them either way.

*EDIT: Slight typo there, meant Primed Chamber, not Split Chamber.

Unfair? How about Hundreds of Hours grinding for mods that will never be in your pocket if they were exclusive. Events are super easy anyway... If they left Cicero mods as exclusive i would just surf the wiki page and Warframe Builder just to drool on Pure status chance builds and quit Warframe because i can't build them. 

Cicero mods are powerful... way too powerful to be exclusive to those that were lucky enough to participate in event. You were given a chance to participate and you won, but how about those that didn't have a chance in first place? When Cicero was over i would give away 100's of hours just to get those mods. People even gave 500 platinum for them which is more than $20, just because they didn't have a chance to get them.

People would glady grind 100x of what you did in that Event. But can they do that? NO THEY CAN'T CAUSE EVENT IS OVER. 

I would grind 1 week for Wraith Twin Vipers. Can i do that? NOPE, cause events happen at random times - we can't plan for them month in advance. 

Your missing what the exclusivity of the events actually is.  It is the exclusive rights to use said weapons/mods before everyone else that didnt do the event.

And they will have to grind more for them than you did in the event.

And they will have to grind more for them than you did in the event.

Yeah no kidding. Probably 15 to 30 runs to scan the plants and 1 run to max out the score. All 4 mods guaranteed with a free weapon and slot. Now you got interception runs to get t4 keys, kill boss just to get a chance at 1 of 4, so it's not like they aren't working for it.

So, DE puts rewards into operations, which is obvious.

So, the rewards are supposed to be exclusives to people who did the operation at that time.

Then, after a month or later they come back, for the newer players who obviously didn't play at that time when the operations where out, when the rewards are supposed to be exclusive to people who did the operation.

I can understand why the Detron and Prova Vandal where re-released, Though I don't get how the Cicero mods are

re-released. They where open to the people who did the operation at that time.

So, why does DE re-release our "exclusive" rewards back? 

The Brakk and Detron were never stated as exclusive, same with the Tethra rewards ( ALL of them, just not the mods ). Rebecca quoted someone on a thread here awhile back stating that all Vandals were exclusive and would never be up for grabs again. The dual-stat-Nightmare-mode-mods weren't stated as exclusives, either. Cicero rewards were, though.

Who knows why they're re-releasing them? Maybe to get the community to shut up, aka, making us happy. I bet those people who bought the Cicero mods for like 500P each are hating themselves right now.

I bet those people who bought the Cicero mods for like 500P each are hating themselves right now.

It's unfortunate but everyone knew they were coming sooner or later. Hopefully they will be able look on the bright side of not having to go through a double rng wall 4 times to get them. Actually put that way maybe 500 a piece isn't so bad.

the events are great and that's why I play them. new activities in the game, different tilesets and mission, new mods new weapons. apart from the scoring mishaps, crashes, map bugs, and the exploitation the BG event was great much because of the work put into the infested who are on the brink of returning to the star chart. dual stat mods are things that will only enhance gameplay for everyone in the game and so should be re-released when the time is right. these kindsa stuff do more for the game than things like the founders items honestly or even the prime syandanas...=\

if you wanna play for bragging rights, rather than just using the mods go play cod or something and post your screens on xfire and brag as much as you want.

Edited by kalikilic

Event mods / items are shelved for later release, either as another event's rewards or made to be buildable later by seeking their blueprints.

Getting them in the events they originate from only give you an early access to them, not an exclusivity.

I'm not sure why everyone here is disagreeing with you so harshly. I personally find it frustrating as well that they would offer a reward for doing a specific amount of work on a specific task and grinding away hours and hours only to have it picked up for free as a drop a month later. Whether they explicitly state the rewards are exclusive only to that event or not, it still makes me hesitant to even do the events anymore when I can literally just pick the mods up off the ground later on anyway.

I would complain and I don't have Primed Chamber. It would be unfair to those who have put more hours into the game than I have just to get that bragging right taken from them to appease newer players. I've been playing for nearly a year now, I wasn't around for the event that gave Primed Chamber, but I'd still be mad on behalf of those who worked to beat the challenge in order to EARN it. I'm glad they haven't re-released it.

Now, though, I only half-@$$ events because it doesn't matter if I get a high score or not. It doesn't matter how many hours I put in. They're going to release all the rewards to those who didn't work for them either way.

*EDIT: Slight typo there, meant Primed Chamber, not Split Chamber.

it's unfair to give more power to lucky players while leaving newer ones with less possibilities. 

Actually status builds are only effective with these mods, it would be stupid to make them exclusive to a bunch of players who were able to play the event on a certain week.

If it's not a founder item, DE may choose to release it again at any time. 

I'm fine with it. I earned those through events instead of buying a special pack that contained them, so I see no problems with bringing event items back. 

Edited by Plasmaface

So, the rewards are supposed to be exclusives to people who did the operation at that time.

Then, after a month or later they come back, for the newer players who obviously didn't play at that time when the operations where out, when the rewards are supposed to be exclusive to people who did the operation.

I can understand why the Detron and Prova Vandal where re-released, Though I don't get how the Cicero mods are

Quick, lock it up before it wants founder gear!

(I noticed you were a loki prime. Is this a troll thread?)

Edited by BluberryKnoob

I'm guessing when and if the game gets out of beta there isn't going to be much exclusive. Even the vaunted founder items. Most likely the items to not be redistributed are the arcane helmets. So my advice is to keep a level head when you go to the trade market and don't buy anything at insane cost. Trade first, then use platinum as a last resort for a deal.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

People and that silly word "Exclusive". DE used that word eons ago, for founder gear. That's it. These special items you get for events are locked in a vault and re-released when DE feels like it. As they have said, many times. Unless it's founder gear, it aint exclusive. If you are going to say it is, then copy and paste where DE said it.

tumblr_m9dpeb7fev1rsp1ld.jpg

No seriously, stop using this word "exclusive".