Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Put Event Exclusive Items Back?

--FORMA--

Could swear that there was a post saying that badges weren't getting re releases because they were designed per event.  Can't find it, but this is pretty close:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/234283-quantum-badge/page-2#entry2714238

reading that i found out i didn't get the quantum badge, didn't even remember it existed may have never seen one.

If it's not a founder item, DE may choose to release it again at any time. 

I'm fine with it. I earned those through events instead of buying a special pack that contained them, so I see no problems with bringing event items back. 

i would still like an excalibur prime... 

guess proto-excalibur skin will have to do for now

It was 100 missions over a whole week.  There are piles of items in this game that need more grinding than that.  It always cracks me up when people try to get all righteous saying that they put in so much grinding for that event lol. 

It was a sure thing and people were given plenty of time to meet the goal.  The brakk takes a lot more time to get via the G3 compared to the gravidius dilemma event :|

Aggh, you lost all reputation in talking about this sort of thread when you through yourself under the bridge about mastery in your own commnet regarding event items; so dont give me that bull.

Aggh, you lost all reputation in talking about this sort of thread when you through yourself under the bridge about mastery in your own commnet regarding event items; so dont give me that bull.

Can you rewrite that into a coherent sentence so we can all understand the point you're trying to make?

Edited by Aggh

Ugh, this makes me so sad. I love how Excalibur Prime looks. I wish you could at least buy it off other people.

I wish I could sell it to other people.

Most of the time when I play with it I put a proto skin on it :|

Well just in case this miraculously becomes an option. How much will you sell it for?

No idea, I'd probably wait to see what it trades for.  I can't imagine that it would be cheap.

Edited by Aggh

My take on this is this; 

Items, such as weapons, can stay exclusive if you ask me. MODS on the other hand, are something that could change ytour build a lot (all those dual stat mods are incredibly usefull!) and some people would miss out on some very important mods.

My take on this is this; 

Items, such as weapons, can stay exclusive if you ask me. MODS on the other hand, are something that could change ytour build a lot (all those dual stat mods are incredibly usefull!) and some people would miss out on some very important mods.

Both the Detron and Prova Vandal were already done at the end of the event in case the Corpus had won. You'd rather they just toss away fully functional weapons...?

reading that i found out i didn't get the quantum badge, didn't even remember it existed may have never seen one.

i would still like an excalibur prime... 

guess proto-excalibur skin will have to do for now

Excal Prime is kind of lame TBH, pretty much exactly the same as normie Excal.  DE really needs to go back and update it to make it awesome like the other primes.

Now Proto Excal is really cool, and I regret not buying.  Well maybe.  We'll just have to wait and see how this PWE thing works out.

I no I'm in the wrong place I can't really navigate this is my first time. Will the machete, boar, ether daggers, or snipetron ever return to market or be moved to the Tenno labs?

Also I understand the founders pack is exclusive to PC and ps4 never got a chance even the day 1 players like my self and this is a slap in the face BUT I'd like to recommend a founders pack 4 ps4 and or PC with an aklato prime, duel skana prime, and a mk 1 or 2 excalibure prime with 1 more or lease polarities and or the same look as the old excal p or a new 1. I suggest a new look cos i'v seen a form of founders complaining about how excalibure prime doesn't look as cool as loki prime. Last these are new items I am recommending (NEW ITEMS). So there shouldn't be a problem with DEs promise to the founders that those old 1s will not be re-released. I'm just stating suggestions that would resolve a lot of complaints. Please let me know if you really care DE. Almost a week sence the last time I asked and you haven't replied yet. :,,,(

Loki Prime is the first Prime to significantly diverge from the appearance of its basic frame, rather than being flashier. Nobody knows if the Machete, Boar or Daggers will return, but I believe the Snipetron is confirmed to never return.  And they're not doing more founders packs, period. Founder time is over, and PS4 got Warframe well after it was a new game (plus PS4 is getting a bunch of exclusive stuff anyway which cannot be obtained on PC because migration is PC to PS4 only once the functionality exists).

I can understand why the Detron and Prova Vandal where re-released

They weren't re-released though, the brakk was re-released but the detron was FIRST made obtainable with the harvester and the Prova Vandal was also FIRST made obtainable through breeding ground.

On the other hand I may be grossly misinterpreting you because it's almost 2am so go gentle on me :P

Loki Prime is the first Prime to significantly diverge from the appearance of its basic frame, rather than being flashier. Nobody knows if the Machete, Boar or Daggers will return, but I believe the Snipetron is confirmed to never return.  And they're not doing more founders packs, period. Founder time is over, and PS4 got Warframe well after it was a new game (plus PS4 is getting a bunch of exclusive stuff anyway which cannot be obtained on PC because migration is PC to PS4 only once the functionality exists).

There's a bunch of stuff we can never get either because it's PC exclusive. I doubt some things will transfer over since it's just copying your PC account.

The big thing to look at here is the overall picture, event items are not exclusive and anyone who was here for the first couple events that grinded the heck out of them for those mods found that out down the road when they released them into game. Sure I was a little angry at the release of the BRAKK back into the game after the amount of time spent to grind that event was horrid, but look at how hard it is to get it now. Exclusive to the Grustag 3 Drop!!! So I am happy I ran the event.

Now let's get back to it, we are basically being rewarded for efforts on an event, but every single event is like a huge beta test/debugging/load test. Think about each event usually introduces a whole new tile set with tweaks to AI and such, as a reward for testing through it, dealing with hotfixes, and helping to make sure it is ready for a future "MAJOR" update we get rewarded.

As such by making event mods exclusive you break the base point of a F2P game and force people into a unfair P2W system. Sure not using real money but rather grinding time to get these and having the ability to shove it in new players faces down the road by saying I can built it better than you and nothing you can do about it!. Let's visit the conclaves and see what happens as a result of one person having the mods and the other now.  Simple deduction tells you the P2W outcome of that.

Cicero wouldn't be an issue of debate if the regular status chance mods weren't complete and utter S#&$.

I mean look at it.

Rifle Aptitude - 9 Cost 15% Status vs. Thermite Rounds/High Voltage/Malignant Force - 7 Cost 60% Element DMG + Status

Shotgun Spazz - 9 Cost 30% vs. Event 60% Element DMG + Status

Melee Prowess - 7 Cost 15%

Sure Shot - 7 Cost 15%

Thanks to these event mods there is literally no reason to use the regular ones, plus the fact they pale in comparison. It would be a gross disservice if something that gamechanging wasn't universally available.