Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Memory Leaks? Frame Drops? They're Connected By Code

Rawr0w0

Sadly, this isn't recent news, it's been going on for quite some time and DE has yet to address a way of fixing it.

Luckily, I joined Warframe when Zephyr just had been released.

Just recently, (when Hydroid was released), myself and a few other friends have been experiencing dropped frames. And just thought it to be graphic settings, so, over time, we just turned them down to Medium or even Low. But to no avail.

Upon recent inspection, The Evolution Engine (aka Warframe), has been taking close to, or even more than 1GB of Memory from the computer and thus, causing computers to overheat due to the excessive strain that large memory leak is causing.

I ask you DE, This problem has been going on for over a year now (from what I can find dating back to this forum post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/27870-vram-memory-leak-lag-spike-in-dx9/ )

Please help we Tenno who want to experience and enjoy this game as we should be able to. Please find a way to fix the coding so that these memory leaks get fixed.

Yeah.

I managed to boost my frame rate up to 70 FPS from my previous 30 FPS, but it doesn't matter when I still experience hitching.

I've turned off all the "beautifying special effects" and lowered my graphical settings down to the lowest they can go...and I still spike over 1GB memory. Yeah, I'm playing WF on a laptop, but when friends that also stream WF are getting dropped frames even when NOT streaming and I just now mentioned about the possible memory leak, and when they check, they're over 1GB memory too?? I personally find that suspicious of a code issue when for the longest during U12 and maybe before that, for myself and my friends, the experience was near perfect on High Settings...

I've turned off all the "beautifying special effects" and lowered my graphical settings down to the lowest they can go...and I still spike over 1GB memory. Yeah, I'm playing WF on a laptop, but when friends that also stream WF are getting dropped frames even when NOT streaming and I just now mentioned about the possible memory leak, and when they check, they're over 1GB memory too?? I personally find that suspicious of a code issue when for the longest during U12 and maybe before that, for myself and my friends, the experience was near perfect on High Settings...

I do, too. I notice no difference in my frame rate regardless of where I have my settings at. The only things that seem to cause it to suffer so much is Motion Blur.

I'm also at 1GB at any given moment while playing the game.