Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Basically Every New Item Is Going To Be Clantech Or Platinum Gated?

DirkDeadeye

You aren't required to join a huge clan. Or any clan. Start a clan of your own, name it after yourself, don't invite anyone, and build a dojo. The resource cost should be minimal as long as you're a ghost clan, totally manageable for a single person. Just don't build any barracks.

All that's required for starting up a clan is to name it. I know, I started up my own clan. There's... really not much to complain about. Starting the clan itself is simple and free, and at the lowest clan tier things are really cheap.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is what I did, I have my own clan consisting of myself. I reluctantly allowed 2 other guys into my humble abode, but they're really good friends from a different game (and play regularly) so I give them a dojo to house under.

Cheap? I've done it. It takes about 6-10 forma somewhere in that ballpark maybe even more.. Most people would rather just hop in and out of a clan. You do know that every room in a dojo requires a forma? Not trying to be a $&*^. Yes the mats are cheap, but does the average nosepicker want to spend that much forma, and that much build time, and that much research time (It will take 12 days to make the new infested weapon if you started today)

Versus just hopping in some random mountain/moon clan and gobbling up all the BP's and getting the hell out?

Absolutely not. There is a clear and present problem.

I do know that. Remember when I said I started the clan? Well I pretty much built the dojo too. And yeah, that's pretty cheap actually.

I was under the impression that soloers generally like to put effort into  getting what they want. Going for the sense of gratification that comes from the long hard slog, getting things through your own effort. Maybe I was wrong (and sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to be a $&*^ either).

Most people would rather just hop in and out of a clan? Then that's what they'll do, whether or not DE changes the research time, most likely.

This game is too easy for people to really care about clans IMO.  Just a glorified chat channel.  Which is why people just join and leave to get BPs.

Solution would be to make either:

A) more challenging content that requires an organized group (ideally of people you can trust to fulfill a role in a team)

B) content that forces clan memberships, i.e. Dark Sectors.  The problem with current implementation of dark sectors though is that for anyone that isn't in a leadership position in the clan dark sectors doesn't really provide any gameplay content that isn't available to those not in a clan.

I do know that. Remember when I said I started the clan? Well I pretty much built the dojo too. And yeah, that's pretty cheap actually.

I was under the impression that soloers generally like to put effort into  getting what they want. Going for the sense of gratification that comes from the long hard slog, getting things through your own effort. Maybe I was wrong (and sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to be a $&*^ either).

Most people would rather just hop in and out of a clan? Then that's what they'll do, whether or not DE changes the research time, most likely.

Okay, so how about a constructive argument on how to fix that, rather than say, status quo is fine, since *I* don't personally mind dumping 10 forma into a dojo. Cause a lot of people CLEARLY DONT, read the recruitment forums.. And a lot of people cause problems in clans that do want to actually be a clan, rather than a clantech supermarket.

Okay, so how about a constructive argument on how to fix that, rather than say, status quo is fine, since *I* don't personally mind dumping 10 forma into a dojo. Cause a lot of people CLEARLY DONT, read the recruitment forums.. And a lot of people cause problems in clans that do want to actually be a clan, rather than a clantech supermarket.

Surely you're not saying that 10 forma is a lot, are you?

Surely you're not saying that 10 forma is a lot, are you?

You know that's subjective. I may not think it is...well right now 10 forma is a lot, seeing as how I've been formaing damn near everything. It's not even 10 forma it's..10 forma plus the time to make the dojo, plus the time to build the per-requisites versus..I don't know, joining some clan and scooping up all the BP's and getting the F*** out.

Does that mean there isn't a ton of people who aren't willing to put forth that modicum of effort to self sustain themselves? I don't think there are.

And god damnit, I am not going down this road with you. You're like death pointing his bony finger at me. Go away you pestilent being.

And here's my god damn edit for the night

Who am I kidding, i'm crusading in the face of the "I spent 48 hours popping tumors with no enemies, bawww" community. I may as well shave my face with a river stone than make any sort of sense out of this fiasco. Have fun ladies, this is my withdraw, my surrender, my admittance of defeat in the face of an issue I particularly take offense to but obviously have been given a kick to the gonads by those who are willing to bend around what should be common sense and just learn to deal with the status quo. God bless America, or whatever country you're from. I'm going to bed, enjoy your revolving door clans and frustrations as warlords. My sympathy is gone to S#&$, and aggh, don't you dare try to instigate me, I know how persistant you are and im not going to participate in a 20 page thread with you..you scythe wielding @&#(&*@#$#.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

And a lot of people cause problems in clans that do want to actually be a clan, rather than a clantech supermarket.

This is the exact problem. If you're looking for actual members it's impossible to tell whether the guy you just recruited is going to stick around and participate or leave as soon as he gets what he wants, which can be annoying for clans trying to expand.

This is the exact problem. If you're looking for actual members it's impossible to tell whether the guy you just recruited is going to stick around and participate or leave as soon as he gets what he wants, which can be annoying for clans trying to expand.

Too late, community says they don't care.

There is never truly any new weapons on wednesdays or thursdays for those that make them, since the constant clan research fiasco(not the start of clan research) this year, you never get any new weapons until next week.

So here's a real question. has the worthwhile of clan weapons died down since the beginning? Are they as powerful as they should be like the starting clan weapons like the ogris. Is there anything unique about clan weapons. anymore?

Seems like everything is simply being tossed in clan research w/o any thought. Seems clan weapons have lost their appeal and their uniqueness. The only clan weapons should be those unique weapons that stand out and are very powerful to justify the wait and the materials. Does this not happen anymore.

Seems they are ruining the clan research feature by tossing nearly every new weapon in it. The potential it had has been destroyed and the likelihood of getting anything special from it has shrunk. 

So basically they are killing clan research and ignoring alerts. What else is new. So much for special weapons. So much for clan tech being something special. Clan tech is all too common now. Way too common. At this point, it's something to scoff at. But the new claws look great, but do they perform as well as clan tech should perform. After All, you have to put in all this crap to research it and then put in all this crap to make it ontop of waiting. With that, you should be able to perform the berserker barrage X and Weapon X moves as well and gut every grineer at a fast pace.

So are these claws worthy of being clan tech?

Are all clan tech worthy of being clan tech, worthy of all the materials and waiting?

So you want a fix for the whole clan jumping thing. To be honest, I think that would have to be coming from the recruiters themselves. The only thing I could think of that DE could implement is a membership lock for anyone joining up. "You are stuck in this clan for this long and can't leave before this time is up." And that just doesn't sit right. And anyway that wouldn't really fix the issue at all. People would still leave as soon as they could.

I do think that DE should vary the research time more on clantech, based on how powerful the weapon/frame is. But that really wouldn't fix the problem either.

tl;dr I think the fix can only really come from recruiters, not DE.

But let's brainstorm. Have you got any ideas? Because while I do think the system is working about as well as it can right now, aside from the research times, you clearly disagree and I'd genuinely like to hear any ideas you have.

Edit: Thought of something that might work, but I don't know how well people will respond to it. It seems a bit too far to me, but here goes: A tracking system for people's personal clan history. How many clans they've joined in the past, say, month or two, and how long they stayed in those clans. If it meets certain parameters they're blocked from joining clans for some length of time, long enough to impact the rate at which they get free clan tech. Say three or four weeks. But they'd still be able to start and expand their own clans, so they'd be able to get the clan tech the hard way.

That or the membership lock is really the only ways I can see of DE preventing clanhopping. And neither of them really sit right with me, as I said. Beyond that it'd really have to be up to the recruiters to be more selective of who they let join, as far as I can see.

Edited by Archeyef

Edit: Thought of something that might work, but I don't know how well people will respond to it. It seems a bit too far to me, but here goes: A tracking system for people's personal clan history. How many clans they've joined in the past, say, month or two, and how long they stayed in those clans. If it meets certain parameters they're blocked from joining clans for some length of time, long enough to impact the rate at which they get free clan tech. Say three or four weeks. But they'd still be able to start and expand their own clans, so they'd be able to get the clan tech the hard way.

That or the membership lock is really the only ways I can see of DE preventing clanhopping. And neither of them really sit right with me, as I said. Beyond that it'd really have to be up to the recruiters to be more selective of who they let join, as far as I can see.

The problem is it's hard to discern someone's motives over the internet. Which sounds incredibly paranoid now that I type it out.

I was thinking the solution could come from the opposite side, maybe changing clantech to focus more on things that appeal to team play so that clans specifically would be more interested in them than your average han solo. As is is now it feels like a lot of new stuff is just shoved into clantech because why not, and having frames there is just dumb. I'm not sure how to fix this per se as there aren't many weapons in this game tailored to a strictly support play style, but maybe in future updates with the release of new content current clantech could be moved around.

Or for a quick fix they could just make it so that you have to have the Tech privilege to even use the labs. 

A small fix that could be put in place by the Warlords; run recruitment adverts for solo players.  Tell them we have X slots open for solo players to pick up clan tech and leave, only request is that you drop resources into on going research or some credits in the vault on your way out. 

That works for my small clan, we keep 3 slots open for solo players we come across and just let them do their thing.  We've managed to pick up a million credits from that for the last couple months.

The problem is it's hard to discern someone's motives over the internet. Which sounds incredibly paranoid now that I type it out.

I was thinking the solution could come from the opposite side, maybe changing clantech to focus more on things that appeal to team play so that clans specifically would be more interested in them than your average han solo. As is is now it feels like a lot of new stuff is just shoved into clantech because why not, and having frames there is just dumb. I'm not sure how to fix this per se as there aren't many weapons in this game tailored to a strictly support play style, but maybe in future updates with the release of new content current clantech could be moved around.

Or for a quick fix they could just make it so that you have to have the Tech privilege to even use the labs. 

It is, but the problem with DE handling it is that pretty much anything they can do is going to be a blanket change, and that is inevitably going to affect someone that it really shouldn't.

The reason frames were put in there was because people were complaining about certain frames being entirely alert locked, because at the time they weren't tied to any boss (Banshee). Putting the chance of even getting any frame parts behind RNG is not good. Although, why Volt was put in there and not Vauban is beyond me. Though if they did put Vauban in, there'd probably be more complaints about clan-locking stuff.

You'd still have the issue of mastery to contend with, if you gear the clantech towards co-op play. Changing the clatech into something geared towards co-op play would have to mean adding in more weapons, and wouldn't really fix the problem because even as it is now there are people going after it for the mastery. It wouldn't really change anything.

Making the right to use the labs into a privelidge does seem like a fair thing to do, though. I like that better than either of my ideas, since it'd still leave it in the hands of the clan leaders.

solo ? dont want to join a clan ? complaining that you cant get clan tech ? how about you just MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN CLAN it doesn't take long or many resources to solo build and research everything, i did it when i decided i wanted the lanka, built the whole dojo researched pretty much everything in around a week, so the whole its clan tech i dont want to be in a clan is bs, and frankly only down to people being lazy, and hey, if you dont want to join a clan or make your own, a fair few of the clan tech items can all be bought for plat and in which case you help support the game.

laters

Monk

I'll agree. Putting everything decent through clan only is garbage but I get why it's that way.

What's really dumb is clan only frames. I'll never get Banshee/Volt/Zephyr because it's locked behind being in a clan.

I don't join clans because clans in every video game are full of asshats. I'm already one myself, why do I need to consort with awful people like myself to get the Alien Queen: the frame, the living black out: the frame, and oh god I can almost fly: the frame?

I can understand weapons being in clan stuff, and I can even forgive it. But locking away some frames just for the "lore" or whatever godawful excuse is thrown around? Stupid as hell.

I've wanted to use Banshee since I knew she existed because of that amazing look she has. Then I found out, LOL NO JOIN A CLAN XD. Garbage.

I'll agree. Putting everything decent through clan only is garbage but I get why it's that way.

What's really dumb is clan only frames. I'll never get Banshee/Volt/Zephyr because it's locked behind being in a clan.

I don't join clans because clans in every video game are full of asshats. I'm already one myself, why do I need to consort with awful people like myself to get the Alien Queen: the frame, the living black out: the frame, and oh god I can almost fly: the frame?

I can understand weapons being in clan stuff, and I can even forgive it. But locking away some frames just for the "lore" or whatever godawful excuse is thrown around? Stupid as hell.

I've wanted to use Banshee since I knew she existed because of that amazing look she has. Then I found out, LOL NO JOIN A CLAN XD. Garbage.

So don't join a clan. Start one and don't invite anyone. Seriously, it's already been said IN THIS TOPIC and it's not at all hard to do.

You're just asking the solo minded individuals to join clans? There's a lot of turnover due to people joining clans and leaving for their research.

It´s simple! Since its not a prime, there is simply no other method of getting Tenno weapons other than researching it.

Releasing these weapons in another way would be total BS lore wise.

Other weapons like the grineer/corpus weapons. Well. Maybe.

Edited by Venarge

Only good weapons should be clan tech, not garbage and weapons worse than current weapons. Clan tech should only be for unique and very good reason to justify the cost, not toss every weapon including garbage in it.