Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Frames Should I Forma Next?

OldGodKing

Question

So far, I've forma'ed and completed my Excalibro, Rhino, Mag Prime, Saryn and Booben. My Loki and Loki Prime have also been completed but I didn't need to forma them at all.

Nekros, Nyx, Valkyr and Nova are the ones I'm considering but I have no idea which one I should spend my time on next. Since the "nerf" to Nova, she's been really enjoyable to play but the same goes for Nyx and Valkyr.

As for Nekros, maybe I can save him for last since he's just my farming frame so I don't need to prioritize him. I have a Trinity too but she's still as boring as before. 

So I'm looking for suggestions.

Edited by AxialBlue

6 answers to this question

Since the changes to Absorb Nyx has become a really flexible frame, able to handle a bunch of different mission types. T4def is where it is at though, past a certain point you are pretty much god. I think she is one of the more versatile end game frames right now and she has good synergy with other frames too, especially a disarm Loki.

A potato will let you build a max range Chaos build which compliments Absorb as well. You can put a full Rush on it too.

That said Valkyr will get some spotlight soon with the animation changes and that could potentially make her a really good choice as well. I'm on the fence with her as a suggestion, despite liking her as a frame.

Nekros is viable and useful if you play in a lot of teams/clan matches but if you are going for a pure desecrate build you have to accept that you won't have any gimmicks while playing, you have to rely on dodging and your equipment. Since you've built rames with viable power sets so far you'll either love the change or hate the lack of options.

AMD for Nova is still the funniest move in the game though. Them numbers, them so big.

Depending on were your at, all of those frames are 100% worth forma'ing, and you will need to just to complete the builds you want as more and more mods become maxed.

Nova is still a very fun and if you forma her she is extremely quick to re max due to Nova being a damage based frame, so if Forma is nothing to you, I would start with her as any regret will be short lived as she'll be back to max in no time.

Nyx has just become a whole lot more epic with the introduction of Absorb for as long as you like, making her boss for infested defences.

Valkyr is a very strong frame, and I am about to forma her atleast once, probably more so that I can unlock a bit more potential from her and unfroma'd I am unable to make the builds I want.

Nekros needs forma if you want a desecrate build.

So in the end it is really all up to you, though, I would recommend some forma on Loki Prime, atleast one should do the trick, however he survives without it.

Alright, thanks for the suggestions. I'll go with Nova then Nyx.

I'll hold off on Valkyr until I see what the changes will be like for her. (Hopefully they'll improve the animations with Hysteria as well.)

Off topic though, is the next Prime going to be a female? I'm a little worried that it might be a Nyx Prime next if it is a female Prime so I'm not sure about using Forma on Nyx.

Edited by AxialBlue

If DE stays the course, the next prime should be female.

Smart bets are on Trinity, but Nyx is a possibility.

I wouldn't let it stop you from having fun with poor garden-variety Nyx. It might be awhile before we see the next prime. My own Nyx has three forma and is one of my favorite 'frames. I'll definitely pick up a Nyx Prime whenever she comes out, but until then Nyx will continue to see a lot of use.

I'm hoping for Nyx Prime myself but she's at least three months away.

For the pitiful cost of a Forma or two I wouldn't let that hold you back from doing whatever in the meantime.  I only have one Forma on mine and she is extremely effective at T3/4 anything.