Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Mods Are Not Working As They Are Supposed To

TechSlender

So i ran some tests with the boar prime with 40% status first i tried the 3 status and elemental mods which would be 180% status chance so 40+180%=112? NOPE it hits the 78% mark so i went deeper i used shotgun savvy in my second test which totals out to 210% status chance so 40+210%=124 right? Well Warframe doesn't think that way capping out at 81% then i gave it one last try and used hell's chamber which affects status giving me a whopping 97.6% status SO CLOSE but  even it it hit 100% status, it shouldn't take me 5 mods slots if the mods weren't bugged it should just work with the 3 status elemental mods. So i just wanted to get the word out there that the mods don't work properly

here are some images

http://imgur.com/5Yyij3t

http://imgur.com/IjLxEAp

http://imgur.com/DYMcNps

http://imgur.com/Pg642zG

Edited by TechSlender

180% of 40%, not additive.

EDIT: Added percentages are calculated from base stats, so +50% critical chance with a 40% base crit chance weapon would add 20%, not 50%. 

wait wait wait that doesn't make sense, the maths doesn't add up.

Guess they cap it to some degree.

Edited by Shion963

180% of 40%, not additive.

EDIT: Added percentages are calculated from base stats, so +50% critical chance with a 40% base crit chance weapon would add 20%, not 50%. 

wait wait wait that doesn't make sense, the maths doesn't add up.

Guess they cap it to some degree.

Bro, you okay? Seems that you need some coffee...

The way status effects get shown is the overall status probability of all the pellets, which isn't additive, but is multiplicative.

Since the boar has innate multishot 9, the base status chance of 40% is actually very low per pellet. Using a calculator it comes to approx 5.5% per pellet. (SOMEONE CORRECT ME)

Since the status mods effect that original 5.5%, you are never going to get a 100% status effect.

HOWEVER:

If you boost multishot by 120%, to 19.8, that boosts status to 67.4%, a significant boost in both damage and status.

If you then use all four status mods, giving a +210% status boost (60+60+60+30), you can get to a respectable 97.5% status chance.

By that point, you may be better off dropping the pure status mod for only a 180% status boost, giving a status chance of 96.4%

120% boost -> 92.2%

60% boost -> 83.8%

In short, two status/element mods are worth it, possibly three, but you are better using the rest of the mod slots for damage/fire rate/other buffs. Personally, my ideal build uses dmg, dmg/fire, multishot, fire/status and am waiting for the frost/status mod for some real fun.

Edit, forgot to post answer:  Mods are working, your math is working, the user interface is working, just isn't very clear.

Edited by Kthal

The way status effects get shown is the overall status probability of all the pellets, which isn't additive, but is multiplicative.

Since the boar has innate multishot 9, the base status chance of 40% is actually very low per pellet. Using a calculator it comes to approx 5.5% per pellet. (SOMEONE CORRECT ME)

Since the status mods effect that original 5.5%, you are never going to get a 100% status effect.

HOWEVER:

If you boost multishot by 120%, to 19.8, that boosts status to 67.4%, a significant boost in both damage and status.

If you then use all four status mods, giving a +210% status boost (60+60+60+30), you can get to a respectable 97.5% status chance.

By that point, you may be better off dropping the pure status mod for only a 180% status boost, giving a status chance of 96.4%

120% boost -> 92.2%

60% boost -> 83.8%

In short, two status/element mods are worth it, possibly three, but you are better using the rest of the mod slots for damage/fire rate/other buffs. Personally, my ideal build uses dmg, dmg/fire, multishot, fire/status and am waiting for the frost/status mod for some real fun.

Edit, forgot to post answer:  Mods are working, your math is working, the user interface is working, just isn't very clear.

well it all makes much more sense ty very much