Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts 2.0 - How To Make Alerts More Interesting

Mirriky

Discussion in the comments went WAY off topic. No way to salvage it now. I might bring this up again in a few months, till then I don't much care what happens here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

(this can also be transferred to normal missions if prefered)
Create alerts consisting of two simultaneous objectives, such as a capture/sabotage, or maybe a rescue/exterminate. By this I mean both running at the same time, not a 'surprise' from the lotus after you already complete your objective.

Dynamics of this:
You can sabotage the ship first, then take down the target and get out before the ship explodes (can you add cinematics for the ends of missions too? like the ship flying in?)
Or, if you can coordinate it, 2 tenno can go and grab the target while the other 2 take out the engine.

Possible combinations:
Green for good, yellow for conditional/discuss, red for ones that just don't work.
9GVhQeQ.png

This would take some time to set up and the UI team to make icons for each objective, this is something I've always dreamt of in warframe
Edited by cam-o-flage20

(this can also be transferred to normal missions if prefered)
Create alerts consisting of two simultaneous objectives, such as a capture/sabotage, or maybe a rescue/exterminate. By this I mean both running at the same time, not a 'surprise' from the lotus after you already complete your objective.

Dynamics of this:
You can sabotage the ship first, then take down the target and get out before the ship explodes (can you add cinematics for the ends of missions too? like the ship flying in?)
Or, if you can coordinate it, 2 tenno can go and grab the target while the other 2 take out the engine.

Possible combinations:
Green for good, yellow for conditional/discuss, red for ones that just don't work.
9GVhQeQ.png

This would take some time to set up and the UI team to make icons for each objective, this is something I've always dreamt of in warframe

Added note:
To make captures more interesting, give the target the ability to escape completely, if they get to an escape pod (say 6-8 rooms) they are able to flee and the mission is a failure.

the target now can escape completely. even the void has rooms, that allow the guys to escape. but now you`ve got 2 targets, so it`s not a complete failure if one of them gets away...

the target now can escape completely. even the void has rooms, that allow the guys to escape. but now you`ve got 2 targets, so it`s not a complete failure if one of them gets away...

Thanks for that, removed it. Never really failed a capture.

Allow me to upvote this idea! I'd love to have multiple objectives in a mission and go "Okay, I'll take care of the reactor. You guys grab the important data in the meantime." Would be even better if we could force an alarm, but on only the one who triggered it so that the enemies would only know about that one Tenno, and not the others sneaking around.

For Invasions: 

Invasion-Exterminate: The current thing. 

Invasion-Capture: Capture the commander of the attacking force (makes the invasion percentage +1% (attacking) or -1% (defending)). The commander will be surrounded by elite troops, and will attempt to fight back and run away if all of his bodyguards are dead. 

Invasion-Rescue: Help to rescue allies of the side you are supporting (makes the invasion percentage +0.5% (attacking) or -0.5% (defending)), 0.25% for each alive captive (you need to save two). If you let one die, then -0.25%. 

Invasion-Sabotage: Destroy one of the reactors within the ship (makes the invasion percentage +0.75% (attacking) or -0.75% (defending)). There will be additional objects to destroy, up to a maximum of three, all of which will add 0.1% to the invasion percentage. For each target object destroyed, enemy level and quantity will increase to make it more difficult (+75 enemies for each object destroyed). 

Invasion-Spy: Steal crucial data from the enemy's data consoles (at least one must be hacked to proceed to extraction) (+0.25% (attacking) or -0.25% (defending), with +0.25% for each additional data console hacked (up to 2 extra data consoles that can be hacked)). For each data console hacked, enemy level and quantity will increase to make it more difficult (+75 enemies for each data console hacked). 

Edited by Renegade343

For Invasions: 

Invasion-Exterminate: The current thing. 

Invasion-Capture: Capture the commander of the attacking force (makes the invasion percentage +1% (attacking) or -1% (defending)). The commander will be surrounded by elite troops, and will attempt to fight back and run away if all of his bodyguards are dead. 

Invasion-Rescue: Help to rescue allies of the side you are supporting (makes the invasion percentage +0.5% (attacking) or -0.5% (defending)), 0.25% for each alive captive (you need to save two). If you left one die, then -0.25%. 

Invasion-Sabotage: Destroy one of the reactors within the ship (makes the invasion percentage +0.75% (attacking) or -0.75% (defending)). There will be additional objects to destroy, up to a maximum of three, all of which will add 0.1% to the invasion percentage. For each target object destroyed, enemy level and quantity will increase to make it more difficult. 

Invasion-Spy: Steal crucial data from the enemy's data consoles (at least one must be hacked to proceed to extraction) (+0.25% (attacking) or -0.25% (defending), with +0.25% for each additional data console hacked (up to 2 extra data consoles that can be hacked)). For each data console hacked, enemy level and quantity will increase to make it more difficult. 

These are actually good ideas, not one for making them change the percentage of the invasion progress but more so for actual objectives

These are actually good ideas, not one for making them change the percentage of the invasion progress but more so for actual objectives

But that would allow players to make a choice in Invasions, and to make them feel that they are making some change/impact. 

I understand that idea, but I feel we are sent on a job, we do it right.

As much as we are doing our job right, we are still making an impact to the enemy, so the invasion percentage should reflect that a little bit, just for those people who want immersion/visible progress. 

Lotus: 'Tenno, you need to eradicate all the corpus, they have some sensitive documents that you can pick up too if you feel like it, but no pressure'

We do the job we are told, there is no 'maybe'

What I mean if we complete the additional objectives in Invasion, then we allow the player to add/subtract the Invasion percentage more. 

What I mean if we complete the additional objectives in Invasion, then we allow the player to add/subtract the Invasion percentage more. 

I know, I get that. But the Tenno aren't there for the fun of it. We are there to do a job. If an objective is there, we complete it. I understand where you are coming from but it doesn't fit with the lore.

Imagine if a police raided a drug lab, arrested everyone, then left without the drugs.

It just doesn't happen.

Secondly, I don't think (many) people run invasions for the satisfaction of taking down the corpus and more for the payout. By making the invasions end faster less people get paid.

Edited by cam-o-flage20

I know, I get that. But the Tenno aren't there for the fun of it. We are there to do a job. If an objective is there, we complete it. I understand where you are coming from but it doesn't fit with the lore.

Imagine if a police raided a drug lab, arrested everyone, then left without the drugs.

It just doesn't happen.

But it is still a side effect of running these additional missions, no?

Completing the objective does not mean it would affect only one thing. It can affect others, which in this case, the Invasion percentage. 

And as you said, not many people run Invasions, so those who do may be enticed to run the additional objectives, thereby changing the score a bit more as a side effect and allowing the node to be cleared off a bit faster. 

But it is still a side effect of running these additional missions, no?

Completing the objective does not mean it would affect only one thing. It can affect others, which in this case, the Invasion percentage. 

And as you said, not many people run Invasions, so those who do may be enticed to run the additional objectives, thereby changing the score a bit more as a side effect and allowing the node to be cleared off a bit faster. 

I'm just not going to agree with you on this. I see to many problems arising because of it.

For instance?

Everything I listed.

The main one being: Why would the lotus send us on a mission and only tell us to do half?

Why? Give me one good reason why she wouldn't get us to clean up?

The amount of times I have been given an extra mission after or during my main objective because something popped up. We aren't freelancers who do as we please. You don't get given a job and told half of it is optional.

The only time the Lotus gives you a choice during a mission is when it is life and death.

"Hey, the enemies are now 8x stronger than you and it takes a full clip to scratch them. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Everything I listed.

The main one being: Why would the lotus send us on a mission and only tell us to do half?

Why? Give me one good reason why she wouldn't get us to clean up?

The amount of times I have been given an extra mission after or during my main objective because something popped up. We aren't freelancers who do as we please. You don't get given a job and told half of it is optional.

Lotus: 'Tenno, you need to eradicate all the corpus, they have some sensitive documents that you can pick up too if you feel like it, but no pressure'

We do the job we are told, there is no 'maybe'

I think you may be slightly contradicting yourself with the Lotus statement, unless that is meant as a counter-example supporting why you think we should not have optional missions. 

Edited by Renegade343

I like that this thread consists of you two arguing/debating... :D

And to think I wanted a worthwhile discussion. Somehow it always ends like this.

This thread can be burnt fro all I care now. Might try and bring it up again in a few months.

I'm also gonna shut up before I say something that will get me a warning point.

And to think I wanted a worthwhile discussion. Somehow it always ends like this.

This thread can be burnt fro all I care now. Might try and bring it up again in a few months.

I'm also gonna shut up before I say something that will get me a warning point.

How about we have this: 

In the Invasion pop-up screen, after the player chooses which side to help, then there will be another pop-up screen allowing the player to choose which Invasion-x to play (after all, we get to choose which side we want to fight with, so why not that?). The chosen Invasion-x must finish the objectives of the Invasion (exterminate everyone) and the x mission (be it Sabotage goal, Capture goal etc.). 

@Renegade343
Biggest issue that I have with your idea is the exact percentage.

I could see an invasion wrapping up on a node in all of 10 minutes(if that) because people would do the capture mission.
50 people do it (and you're just kidding yourself if you dont think hundreds will do it at the exact same time) and that invasion is finished before anyone can even hope to run 5 times in order to get the reward from that node.

Exact percentages should be left out entirely so that people actually have a chance of running more than one mission in the invasion.

Even currently a single percent is quite a few hundred runs.
And that exists so that players can actually, I dont know, PLAY those missions.  That may be a crazy idea to you.

Not many people would be happy to see "oh, their offering an orokin cell here!" and then by the time they finish the first mission the node is completely wrapped up and no one gets any of the rewards.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Even currently a single percent is quite a few hundred runs.

And that exists so that players can actually, I dont know, PLAY those missions.  That may be a crazy idea to you.

People do play these missions (besides for the Orokin Catalyst/Reactor blueprints)? 

Let me take a check on that before confirming. 

EDIT: I have checked, and it seems besides the Orokin Catalyst/Reactor blueprints, there seems to be 3-5 people (or squads, not too sure what the people icon really indicates). If it is squads, then I will rethink about it. If it is just people, then I would just tone it down a bit. 

Edited by Renegade343

@Renegade343
The people Icon represents squads, not individual people.

And beyond those potato invasions quite a few people do play the invasions.  Maybe not right at this moment but I have seen invasion nodes for non-potato alerts with upwards of 30 to 50 squads at a time.  And it stayed that way for quite a while.

Under your idea any invasion would be over near instantly without time for anyone to ever play those nodes.

Also you have to consider:
If you're hunting G3/Havestor you *need* to play those missions and get 5 runs in them.
Under your count that would be near impossible to do.

And beyond those potato invasions quite a few people do play the invasions.  Maybe not right at this moment but I have seen invasion nodes for non-potato alerts with upwards of 30 to 50 squads at a time.  And it stayed that way for quite a while.

30 to 50? Are you kidding?

The people Icon represents squads, not individual people.

Alright then. That means a rethink.