Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Iron Skin. (Aggro % Should Be Increased)

OkniolasPrime

I think he refers to a very old version of Iron Skin, I was told it used to have an aggro in the past

Doesn't it still provide aggro in boss fights though? I seems to recall certain bosses who will drop whatever they are doing and go after the Rhino as soon as that Rhino gets Iron Skin on.

Edited by Darksinger

Let's double it to double zero percent!

Aggro is handled by decoys like true ninjas.

True, but in u8... there was agro in the iron skin.

Can't recall when was it removed, but now iron skin only provides support only for you.

Think yourself in a position of Grineer Lancrer, who would you shoot first?

A fat chucnk of metal beating the living fck out of your comrades, or a loki just disarming you?

Been playing since U7 and back when Iron Skin had Aggro it was a nightmare for Rhino Players in anything mid to high tier. It was only good to kite the Infested around while your team kills them and have a few good laughs.

Imagine having aggro in a defense/Survival mission (T3 or T4) and cast Iron Skin, the focus fire on solely you will kill you in seconds provided the enemies are leveled high enough. 

Back then there were so many threads about "yeah but now it will make Rhino players be smarter and less lazy about using Iron Skin" or "Now the Rhino players won't be so unskilled".

They took it off for a reason and I'm on the fence about it honestly, on one side it's useful for team play as it would theoretically keep your teammates alive but on the other hand, you'll die in seconds if not used right (not as easy as it sounds to use right). Using it right requires Rhino to not be a tank but a distraction which isn't a bad thing honestly.

Been playing since U7 and back when Iron Skin had Aggro it was a nightmare for Rhino Players in anything mid to high tier. It was only good to kite the Infested around while your team kills them and have a few good laughs.

Imagine having aggro in a defense/Survival mission (T3 or T4) and cast Iron Skin, the focus fire on solely you will kill you in seconds provided the enemies are leveled high enough. 

Back then there were so many threads about "yeah but now it will make Rhino players be smarter and less lazy about using Iron Skin" or "Now the Rhino players won't be so unskilled".

They took it off for a reason and I'm on the fence about it honestly, on one side it's useful for team play as it would theoretically keep your teammates alive but on the other hand, you'll die in seconds if not used right (not as easy as it sounds to use right). Using it right requires Rhino to not be a tank but a distraction which isn't a bad thing honestly.

I imagine.

And I LIKE IT!

I think a huge aggro component to Iron Skin is an awesome idea. 

rhino doesn't have the capability of handling that kind of aggro at all from lvl 25-30 depending on faction, it's a terrible idea on iron skin, on the other hand it would work just fine on hysteria.

well, let ironskin work like snow globe, when you activate it all enemies will fire at you and you can soak up the damage to build up your iron skin (you get 100% aggro at this point ) , maybe 2-3 seconds and then after that, ironskin will still draw 75% aggro away from your teammates, and you would have an ability that would require clever thinking and scales with level and dont encourages the fire and forget mentality

rhino doesn't have the capability of handling that kind of aggro at all from lvl 25-30 depending on faction, it's a terrible idea on iron skin, on the other hand it would work just fine on hysteria.

I guess you should limit and evaluate when Iron Skin would be used then. Play Rhino, you want to be a tank. Aggro on Iron Skin makes him a tank. Maybe i would even get a PuG that didnt have 3 other rhinos. 

I guess you should limit and evaluate when Iron Skin would be used then. Play Rhino, you want to be a tank. Aggro on Iron Skin makes him a tank. Maybe i would even get a PuG that didnt have 3 other rhinos. 

The function of a tank is to soak up damage. The point is that the amount of extra damage Iron Skin can soak up becomes negligible at higher levels. If IS will draw more aggro it will become a suicide button.

As for seeing many Rhino players, people play him not he's a tank but because he's a decent all-around frame that is fun to use with 4 useful powers. He doesn't need any additional nerfs.

The function of a tank is to soak up damage. The point is that the amount of extra damage Iron Skin can soak up becomes negligible at higher levels. If IS will draw more aggro it will become a suicide button.

As for seeing many Rhino players, people play him not he's a tank but because he's a decent all-around frame that is fun to use with 4 useful powers. He doesn't need any additional nerfs.

they play him because he is better then most warframes at everything while also being loki speed ironskin with agro 1 point less then absorb would present a downside to it and allow more real team play for him other then being better then everyone else at everything

since people dont use him to be a teamplayer they use him because they refuse to trust pugs

it is more reliable to play the best  warframe while using the strongest weapon then to trust random people to help win the game

V this is how I like to think of it, like pokemon people will use the stronger stuff unless it is fixed or other stuff is buffed I dont see everywarframe becoming as good as rhino prime since they specialize so deep it will be imposible aslong as the vanguard helmet stays potent and ironskin stays safe

loki (represents how most warframes specialize stats)

attack 2

defence 1

speed 10

skill attack 0

skill defence 8

skill agility 10

excalibur (represents a balanced warframe)

attack 5

defence 5

speed 5

skill attack 5

skill defence 5

skill agility 5

rhino

attack 8

defence 8

speed 4

skill attack 8

skill defence 8

skill agility 5

Rhino prime

attack 8

defence 8

speed 10

skill attack 8

skill defence 8

skill agility 5

Edited

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

rhino doesn't have the capability of handling that kind of aggro

probably not. but it depends on the Player.

plenty of Players use Rhino because he's easy. 'course, i still see them falling down, despite having double the Effective Survivability as everyone else. 

since people dont use him to be a teamplayer they use him because they refuse to trust pugs

it is more reliable to play the best  warframe while using the strongest weapon then to trust random people to help win the game

'carrying' a random group with pretty much any Equipment you happen to have on should be the norm.

probably not. but it depends on the Player.

plenty of Players use Rhino because he's easy. 'course, i still see them falling down, despite having double the Effective Survivability as everyone else. 

'carrying' a random group with pretty much any Equipment you happen to have on should be the norm.

so your saying everyone plays as rhino prime using the boltor prime marelok and dakara prime 24/7 outside of pugs and t4 8 hour survivals?

that is overkill i couldnt see playing the game for hundrads of hours using the same things trinity brandle lex ok I can but not when they trivialize content and make the rest of the game boring outside of the extreams that de isnt balancing for

they play him because he is better then most warframes at everything while also being loki speed ironskin with agro 1 point less then absorb would present a downside to it and allow more real team play for him other then being better then everyone else at everything

V this is how I like to think of it, like pokemon people will use the stronger stuff unless it is fixed or other stuff is buffed I dont see everywarframe becoming as good as rhino prime since they specialize so deep it will be imposible aslong as the vanguard helmet stays potent and ironskin stays safe

loki (represents how most warframes specialize stats)

attack 2

defence 1

speed 10

skill attack 0

skill defence 8

skill agility 10

excalibur (represents a balanced warframe)

attack 5

defence 5

speed 5

skill attack 5

skill defence 5

skill agility 5

rhino

attack 8

defence 8

speed 4

skill attack 8

skill defence 8

skill agility 5

Rhino prime

attack 8

defence 8

speed 10

skill attack 8

skill defence 8

skill agility 5

Edited

Rhino is easy to use and is one of the first frames you can get. Some frames will inevitably be easier to use than others. But while it's popular with newer players due do Iron Skin more experienced ones use him for the utility he provides. Iron Skin actually scales worse than any of his other abilities (although it really shines against the Mutalist Ospreys but that's mostly due to poor enemy design). Making it draw more Aggro will make IS pretty much useless, especially for solo players. 

I don't think Rhino is the necessarily the best frame in the game although he is definitely better than some frames. But in my opinion this mostly shows that there are frames that need improvement. If I remember correctly DE recently commented that they've come to the realization that pure damage based frame abilities don't scale well and that they need a utility component to remain viable. Hopefully they'll gradually improve other frames with that in mind. 

Well, even tough it would make rhino's iron skin "Suicide button" Which I believe is not the case at all, (Don't let the number of post's fool you I'm experienced player) That is why all the rhino players need the skill to run.... And do other maneuvers, to make him harder target to hit, while the Warframes do the killing.